• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae/Murray/Roster

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Pelicans reportedly consider Murray more valuable than Young, which is a sentiment that has floated around several teams this offseason.

Probably the most interesting thing in the article.  I understand most here will try to hand wave this off as lowering Trae's value, but I suspect it is true due to their difference in salary.  Trae is making ~$18M more than Murray which is the difference between having a player like Olynyk in the starting lineup versus Sabonis.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Probably the most interesting thing in the article.  I understand most here will try to hand wave this off as lowering Trae's value, but I suspect it is true due to their difference in salary.  Trae is making ~$18M more than Murray which is the difference between having a player like Olynyk in the starting lineup versus Sabonis.

Salary, contract length and cost to acquire....it was noted in the original article over a month ago.

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

If you already have a franchise centerpiece then Murray is a smart move.  I honestly think he's overrated but whatever.  It is a good contract.  For Nola they don't want to pay Trae and Zion max deals.  

• Moderators
10 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Why can't we just part ways with Trae, draft Castle as his replacement, trade Capela and Hunter and get some pieces? I swear we are not winning a ring with Trae as your head. its impossible in today's nba. 

This = Spurs dynasty.

• Thanks 2

On 6/23/2024 at 3:07 PM, gurpilo said:

Ingram is not a star and Ingram is not going to make us a contender, is ridiculous to give a star for  Ingram, specially considering his contract is expiring and anyone would overpay for him. If we want to trade for a wing that improves our team and is a good fit with Trae and JJ that is Mikal Bridges and I would give a lot for him, essentially anyone from DJM, Hunter, Bogi, Capela and even OO, I would even include Sac first. DJM for Mikal Bridges and DFS works.

Really what does that leave the team with. Nothing. It puts us right smack into a rebuild.  Ingram isn't the total answer he's just a better answer than Hunter. The market will dictate his salary going forward. I've been a Hawk fan since 1982 Forty two years and we are no closer to a championship than we were when I first became a fan.  It's not the player it's the organization.  No more excuses.