• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Wallace > Forrest.........

Yep. Forrest ran an offense better but Wallace legit can work in the NBA. I think Forrest is a AAAA type. Tweener between NBA and Gleague. These guys were common in the 90s and 2000s in teams rotations but PG position is so much better in 2024 than in 2004. 

• Premium Member

My early knee-jerks from watching the four guys I liked going into the draft:

ZR (4-ish)
I never though Risacher was a bad pick.  There's a reason why he was projected in the top 3 and you could see that from his highlights.  I think mostly, I was leaning on our FO - taking confidence that they did their homework and knew what they were doing.  The only thing I was kind of worried about was the insane spike in his Eurocup 3P% and whether or not that was a reasonable indicator or if he just got really hot. 

How fast he got that first 3 ball off with a defender flying at him gave me a good deal of confidence as well as the rhythm bounce, side step 3 with a hand in his face.  Those were big boy shots and he will be fed a steady diet of those.  That's exciting to think about.

I was never concerned about his shot creation.  We don't need him to do that right away.  If at all really.  Trae and JJ will be setting him up all day long (DD is a solid passer as well) and he's a decent off ball player that moves surprisingly well as a rim runner.  His handles in traffic don't jump out at you, but his motion around the basket looks fluid.

I'm going back and looking at his scouting vids and he might be better than advertised.

Sarr (1)
So far is what I expected.  Raw on offense, with good potential, and ready to contribute immediately on the defensive end.  Needs strength, weight, and experience but the package is there.  Looking at Sarr/Risacher, I feel like it came down to both of these guys looking like strong prospects but with Risacher, and his apparently polished stroke, being more NBA ready.

I'm only worried about Sarr's performance relative to the guy we picked for the sake of optics.  Otherwise, what he does has no meaning for me now as he's not a Hawk.

Reed Sheppard (2)
Bruh...

Dalton Knecht (3)
I'm quietly irritated that he fell so far and we didn't get in on that.  He's looking like an absolute steal...and for the Lakers of all teams.  Does anyone know if there was a specific reason why he dropped far?  On every board he was projected late lottery.

• Like 3

RZA looked pretty good. Loved the behind the back pass.... hopefully Dre is doesn't bounce if off his shoe when it happens in game. 

Sarr looked exactly like I thought he'd look - a defensive menace that you always gotta account for. Mo did not. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AtLaS said:

He has to be trolling.  If not than he has blinders on because he doesn't like him and just can't see it.  Risacher should have had 5 or 6 assists, he had many good passes.  

I didn't like the pick 2 weeks ago either, but after seeing this I can't deny his talent.  I was wrong and am happy to say that.

No doubt this is one game, and it's summer league, but the raw skills are there and much more polished than I thought they would be.

No you weren't, UNLESS you blatantly said the guy wasn't gonna be good.  Most folks, including myself, felt Risacher was the 'safe' pick  with his offensive skills.  Nobody from what I recall said the guy couldn't play.  Most folks on this board and in the NBA at large felt Sarr has the higher upside because of his elite defensive skills that covers the entire court. 

What Risacher HAS done ( in one summer league game) is start to make most of us (including yourself) feel its gonna be a moot point because he CAN play defense.  Like I said in another post,  you are getting either Sarr's great defense and good offense or Risacher's great offense and good defense.  It appears that it will be a wash.  I like Risacher's poise and skill set on offense.  He is the type of player the Spurs would normally draft and lo and behold, the Hawks did.

gifgit.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There were some that didn't want Zacc at all. Wanted Clingan at #1 as the 'safe pick'

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952orm52m8khylmi6ktvt8

Did his name start with "NBA" and end with "SUPES"?

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952orm52m8khylmi6ktvt8

Did his name start with "NBA" and end with "SUPES"?

This is slander.  Completely unfair.

My guy hotSupes wanted the guy who played 1 SL game then his body started to betray him.  Hasn't been seen since...

:stirthepot:

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, warcore said:

RZA looked pretty good. Loved the behind the back pass.... hopefully Dre is doesn't bounce if off his shoe when it happens in game. 

Dude...!  Like, I don't know if we can get away with it, but I'm totally feeling that.

🤣🤣🤣

200w (1).gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There were some that didn't want Zacc at all.

I didn’t I’ll admit. I didn’t want Zacc or Clingan. 

The only other time I’ve not wanted one guy and we’ve picked him was 92 Keefe, I was happy with anyone else. I wanted Baby Jordan Harold Miner, I was wrong.

2017 for example I said I wanted OG, said the guy I ABSOLUTELY didn’t want was Kuzma.

I already like Zacc 😆 

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Sarr looked exactly like I thought he'd look - a defensive menace that you always gotta account for. Mo did not. 

His shot was good too. He shoots on the move for a 7 footer like Zinger. He’s gonna be good. We were all right about Sarr I think or we will be. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Dude...!  Like, I don't know if we can get away with it, but I'm totally feeling that.

🤣🤣🤣

200w (1).gif

I mean if there's ever an NBA player that gets that nickname... prolly the guy whose last name starts as "Ri-Za"

Zacc prolly don't know who he is but it'll be a good cultural lesson for him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I didn’t I’ll admit. I didn’t want Zacc

I didn’t like his feet 👣 and the way they moved on the court honestly. They look funky like 🦆 ish again in the way Marvin Williams feet looked. But last night I noticed he still has balance and strength with his feet 🦶 and can take and dish out hits.

There was a play on D where the Wizards guy tried to take Risacher to the hole 🕳️ and Risacher moved his feet the whole time stayed with him all the way to the rim and THROUGH the deflection. No way Marv did that.

I can put the goofy 🦶 thing to bed 🛌 now. They work for him like Reggie Miller high fiving himself as he shot 3’s. Lil strange but effective.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AtLaS said:

I didn't even mention Risacher's left hand.  Finished a difficult lefty layup

He did the same with the right hand off the glass in the second half with success. Nice touch for sure. He’s been through the reps and put in work you can tell.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Well, Howdy!  Seems that our GM and his crew knows things.  They did the selecting in this draft and they wanted who we got.  Many of us didn't really know anything about him.  Apparently, Risacher is the real deal.  Does this old man's heart good to see several posters come around to his side.

Warning.  This was just one summer league game.  

:smug:

Gramps I was a doubter. I didn’t like his looks or the way he spoke, it signified he was a target to get bullied. Plus his 🦆 feet lanky body.

Last night proved that’s not the case. He can use it. What seemed goofy to me is what he’s been working with and excelling at for 19 years. That’s an adequate time to understand and learn your own body and tools. ⚒️ 

I judged a book 📕 by its cover. He’s smart efficient and tough. Not mad. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I didn’t I’ll admit. I didn’t want Zacc or Clingan. 

The only other time I’ve not wanted one guy and we’ve picked him was 92 Keefe, I was happy with anyone else. I wanted Baby Jordan Harold Miner, I was wrong.

2017 for example I said I wanted OG, said the guy I ABSOLUTELY didn’t want was Kuzma.

I already like Zacc 😆 

His shot was good too. He shoots on the move for a 7 footer like Zinger. He’s gonna be good. We were all right about Sarr I think or we will be. 

Squd, you're a stand up guy admitting you didn't want ZR.

Now where's the guy that tried to convince us he was Landry Shamet?  Whoever said that needs to identify himself.

Let your apology be as loud as your disrespeck.... 

😳 I was hacked?

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Mo is falling to the floor on every play. Dude is making me nervous.

If he gets to the line like he did last night ,that could be a plus. He was looking like baby Emblid hitting the floor after every other shot.

• Haha 2