• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

I’m disappointed Zacc let these scrubs run the show. Is Hawks DNA about letting those seeking contracts get adequate time to showcase themselves?

Him shooting poorly from 3 is not ideal.. but we’ve seen that before from Trae in summer league

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Lots to work on for Z: strength, aggressive, NBA 3pt line distance, but there are some good natural instincts and BBIQ you can easily see.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae in the building tonight, is he a good teammate again or will y’all find something else to be mad at? Lol

They're gonna say he's there for the Spurs. Although he's telling you exactly what he's about with his hat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lots to work on for Z: strength, aggressive, NBA 3pt line distance, but there are some good natural instincts and BBIQ you can easily see.

Agreed, hes already decent at a lot of the hard parts and seems to have a good motor

• Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Aggression. In the first 2 games he occilates between pressing and passive. Like he's either being too unselfish or forcing a shot. 

I'd prefer he just be aggressive and try to get his game going. Otherwise he's JAG.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Aggression. In the first 2 games he occilates between pressing and passive. Like he's either being too unselfish or forcing a shot. 

I'd prefer he just be aggressive and try to get his game going. Otherwise he's JAG.

It'll come.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

To Trae's point:

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

ZR is not an on ball player. He needs a PG to be able to do anything. We literally don't have a PG on the roster in SL. I'm not holding anything against him or frankly any of the other SL hawks because they are driving a car without a steering wheel.

How does our GM let the SL team go without a real PG?  I know we miss Bufkin but he is a combo guard so it isn’t like there wasn’t a need if he was healthy.  It is frustrating to see our player set up to fail due to our GM.  

(Granting that SL simply doesn’t matter that much, it would still be more useful for practice and evaluation to have functional player at the point.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

How does our GM let the SL team go without a real PG?  I know we miss Bufkin but he is a combo guard so it isn’t like there wasn’t a need if he was healthy.  It is frustrating to see our player set up to fail due to our GM.  

(Granting that SL simply doesn’t matter that much, it would still be more useful for practice and evaluation to have functional player at the point.)

EVERY SL.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae is tweeting about Reed Shepard. I knew we were gonna regret passing on him. 

If we took him at #1 thats probably traes replacement in a year or so or we are back in the same place we was with Murray but even smaller and less defense than last year lol.    For me if we were to have traded both Murray for what we got and then trae to the Spurs for all of our picks back + a few players.   Then Shepard would have been an excellent pick to start a rebuild around he was the best talent in the draft coming out right away.   But without those trades he didn't really make a ton of sense.  But no doubt he is a very good player and the Rockets got a good one.

• Like 1

Wallace and Joiner can both run at PG.  I think it’s less about not having a PG out there and more the emphasis on playing faster, moving the ball, getting shots up, etc…

SL play style is always a shit show. Even Trae would be getting sped up by these defenders who are playing like they’re on coke trying get a job. It’s honestly stressful watching and hoping players don’t get injured with all the colliding bodies at high speed and virtually unlimited fouls.

• Like 2