• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Trae is tweeting about Reed Shepard. I knew we were gonna regret passing on him. 

He's gonna be the best player in this draft by a mile. At least we got a tall guy that can bother some shots. 

• Like 1

Zacc looks good. I like his game but it's going to take some time for him to develop.  At nineteen years old, is  Zacc and Trae on the same time line. I just wonder if Zacc and Trae will  both be here together because it is going to take some time for Zacc to develop. 

On a side note, Orlando Robinson provided an outstanding performance on Summer league. A true stretch 5, he would be a real help at C. I would cut Zeller and Bruno to add a player like him, never mind, that would be a smart move by Hawks, is not going to happen.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

How does our GM let the SL team go without a real PG?  I know we miss Bufkin but he is a combo guard so it isn’t like there wasn’t a need if he was healthy.  It is frustrating to see our player set up to fail due to our GM.  

(Granting that SL simply doesn’t matter that much, it would still be more useful for practice and evaluation to have functional player at the point.)

Mrs. Sothron asked me "What is Brevin Knight doing these days?" when I was complaining during the game about having a good backup PG on the roster. 

She got a dap for the reference. Also the point she made. We need a competent backup PG on this roster. I honestly don't know why there's not a real PG on the SL team.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, marco102 said:

They have the same agent...lol...y'all really overreacting to summer league? 

I call it like I see it. Hated the pick when it happened not too much happier now after a couple of games.

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It'll come.

Of course. Wasn't meant as an indictment or criticism. Just an observation. 

I wasn't keen on drafting him and thought his low end outcome was just OK, offensively and defensively. That's what we saw last night. 

Doesn't mean anything longterm. It's just summer league and he's an off ball dude playing on a team with no PG. So I get it. 

But that's why I'd love to see him be more assertive and aggressive. Not really his game though. 

I will say the bbiq jumps out. He makes smart plays and I can imagine he'll look a lot better playing alongside Trae. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Mrs. Sothron asked me "What is Brevin Knight doing these days?" when I was complaining during the game about having a good backup PG on the roster. 

She got a dap for the reference. Also the point she made. We need a competent backup PG on this roster. I honestly don't know why there's not a real PG on the SL team.

I’d rather have a real backup pg than Liddellbor Zeller for this season too.  I worry what we will do when Trae is out which hopefully won’t be many games.  I’m less bothered by the games he is playing 35 minutes but you know he will have a few stinkers over the season as well.

Zaccs defensive versatility has been on display in Vegas.. he really knows how to shift around and affect shots.. not only on his assignment but on the ball in his area.

this could be the defining difference they wanted over Reed

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Zaccs defensive versatility has been on display in Vegas.. he really knows how to shift around and affect shots.. not only on his assignment but on the ball in his area.

Both players are special. I just believe Reed could be special anywhere. 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Both players are special. I just believe Reed could be special anywhere. 

That is true but also, for this team, Risacher and Daniels and Jalen together could make scoring very difficult for opposing wings

defense is our problem… remember?

Edited by theheroatl

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Does Mrs. Saffron teach wifing classes?  Asking for a friend. 🫤

But to answer your question, once Boyk...Bufkin went down, they had to either pay another guy or just let the rookie fend for himself.

IOW, they cheaped out.  Surprised?

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

We need length around Trae.  Reed would have been a high risk pick and not necessarily high reward.  I think he's going to be good but his passing does not look special to me.  You could tell Trae was a special passer in summer league and had a high ceiling, even though his was shooting like cheeks most of the games.  Reed is good at making the simple pass but it didn't seem natural to me, I don't know how else to say it.  I can see him being a 15-20 ppg player though that provides elite floor spacing and good defense.  His handles aren't super tight either from what I saw (for a point guard).  He's still gonna be dangerous with the right team around him.

• Like 2

So I came on today expecting:

1637632738439?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=LSEd

Instead, I got:

panicking-sheldon-hyperventilating-inten

So...progress?

Seriously, I ain't worried about Summer League with a garbage roster and trash at PG. We'll see how things look when the bright lights turn on with much more competent teammates on the big club.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

You could tell Trae was a special passer in summer league and had a high ceiling, even though his was shooting like cheeks most of the games.

Yup this.