• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I'm confident in Zacc.  Really wish Bufkin had been there.   I'm not a big believer in Gueye being in our NBA rotation.  I hope i'm wrong.  

Honestly to me Zacc and maybe EJ are the only ones who look like they could hang in the NBA right now. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

So I came on today expecting:

1637632738439?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=LSEd

Instead, I got:

panicking-sheldon-hyperventilating-inten

So...progress?

Seriously, I ain't worried about Summer League with a garbage roster and trash at PG. We'll see how things look when the bright lights turn on with much more competent teammates on the big club.

There's some grade-A overreaction going on.  I love it.  Just moar receipts for later.

Mwahahahaaaaa .... 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm confident in Zacc.  Really wish Bufkin had been there.   I'm not a big believer in Gueye being in our NBA rotation.  I hope i'm wrong.  

Honestly to me Zacc and maybe EJ are the only ones who look like they could hang in the NBA right now. 

I was about to post that I was impressed with the play of Gueye last night when I read your post.  He had some rebounds, hit some 3's and didn't do too many bad things.  He adds some much-needed length to the roster.

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I was about to post that I was impressed with the play of Gueye last night when I read your post.  He had some rebounds, hit some 3's and didn't do too many bad things.  He adds some much-needed length to the roster.

:smug:

He definitely has the energy and you're right he got on a good streak shooting there.   It's hard to tell for me what his position would be though.   But i'm definitely rooting for him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He definitely has the energy and you're right he got on a good streak shooting there.   It's hard to tell for me what his position would be though.   But i'm definitely rooting for him.  

Last year he was hurt for most of the season.  This needs to be a development year for him in College Park with him getting called up for limited minutes on an as needed basis.  He has intriguing tools and needs a lot of reps and polish on them to become the player we all want him to be.  He won't get that opportunity in Atlanta.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Risacher, Sarr, Buzelis, Sheppard.   This draft looking not so weak after all.  (Summer league!!!)

Expecting guys not to look good in summer league is like expecting no one to look good in college ball.  There are always stars in college ball, g-league play, and summer league play whether they are Michael Jordan or Dion Glover and Shelden Williams.  I'll wait until they face NBA talent before opining on the strength of the class relative to other recent draft classes.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

No need to panic about anything coming from summer league.  It's summer league.  Don't get too high or too low from anything.  A teenager has a bad game in a glorified exhibition game?  Who cares.  Doesn't mean much of anything.  Your young player has a great game against G-League or other super young talent in a glorified exhibition game?  Hey, that was fun. But doesn't mean much of anything.

The big things for this team's 2024-25 season are what we do with Hunter, Capela, Nance, Zeller and Lindell, imo.  Shuffling some or all of those guys could leave us looking very different than we do today.  In terms of depth, I see SF and PF depth as top priorities (we could enhance or degrade where we are now depending on what we do) and then PG depth as the next priority (I think we are fine as long as Trae is healthy but a steady hand behind him would be a plus even if he is healthy - I get the cap issue for why we have Zeller on the roster [other than why didn't we combine our trade with Jonas' trade to balance salary instead of adding Zeller] but it hurts when an obvious value guy like Delon Wright signed for basically the same salary).

You still don't like Nance?

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trading CC is going to further unlock JJ.  JJ has only played with lane cloggers at C.  Remember how good Collins was with a stretch 5?

The entire team is going to benefit offensively by unclogging the lane. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cutting Zeller is still my preference.

But the biggest question remains.... Will Ressler pay a buy out to sign someone else?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Risacher, Sarr, Buzelis, Sheppard.   This draft looking not so weak after all.  (Summer league!!!)

Maybe, as good as a guy like Sheppard looked, I don't think he stood out any more than Mo stood out in last year's summer league.  And he isn't even getting rotation minutes.  Not saying Sheppard is a bum that won't see minutes, but it's really hard to tell how these guys careers will pan out based on a few exhibition games of unorganized basketball.

• Confused 1

Why does Mo like the flo? :huh: I liked him better last year. This summer league he played like he wasn’t done ✔️ with his relationship with… THE FLOOR :angry2:.. 

It’s cute the first 5 times.. by the 22nd time I’m just tired of it. It’s like the dudes like moan and groan in tennis 🎾 while hitting a ground stroke. What’s the moan about? We get it, you are putting in full effort but how bout some breathing techniques! 

That’s all from headquarters.

Ps I’m physically afraid of EJ Ledell! There I said it, lil scared I said it but I said it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm just glad ZR is here because it means Hunter will be gone soon.

They can't ship Hunter outta here fast enough.

:stirthepot:

So You're the reason Peo has been hating on the rookie huh? 🤣

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 3