• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

15 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Sarr needs to learn how to sets screens, roll to the rim, and catch lobs. He's going to be a bust if he thinks he can be a 7'1 perimeter player only. 

He looked like a tall Cam Reddish out there..

And just like Cam,  he has an inflated Ego about his skillset.. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Sarr fancies himself as perimeter only and a finesse player, he's sabotaging the very things that make him attractive and despite what some of you think and his showing so far, his story is not written.  The only thing I acknowledge so far is that Washington folding to his wishes is not going to end well.  I'm not a ZR fan and still think the hawks could have played the draft better. It is what it is for now. I'm letting it play out. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, deester11 said:

If Sarr fancies himself as perimeter only and a finesse player, he's sabotaging the very things that make him attractive and despite what some of you think and his showing so far, his story is not written.  The only thing I acknowledge so far is that Washington folding to his wishes is not going to end well.  I'm not a ZR fan and still think the hawks could have played the draft better. It is what it is for now. I'm letting it play out. 

I didn’t watch this game, but he had some nice moments when he played us.  
He must feel really bad tonight.  Dang.  

2 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Sarr needs to learn how to sets screens, roll to the rim, and catch lobs. He's going to be a bust if he thinks he can be a 7'1 perimeter player only. 

It's not easy to do these things 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrell said:

He looked like a tall Cam Reddish out there..

And just like Cam,  he has an inflated Ego about his skillset.. 😅

When I said this in the thread they begged @AHF to merge into the Edey thread. I told them that he gives me a ton of Cam Reddish vibes. A lot of red flags

58 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

image.jpeg.29c0e0eb3ab5999d1245e4476e9fe289.jpeg 

I know how this works.  The don”t overthink it just pick Sarr crowd will be calling Landry stupid over using the word “is” wrong in a press conference tomorrow.  

Whom will that be? Stop that "right-ism" stuff. Landry may not be a good GM in my book but they went with who they wanted. The crow is yet to be served....

18 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Whom will that be? Stop that "right-ism" stuff. Landry may not be a good GM in my book but they went with who they wanted. The crow is yet to be served....

My point is crow is never served.  People will kick the can on Sarr saying he’s a project for 2-3 years and by then he will be a forgotten topic.  

But Sarr is already performing more like what Supes predicted and less like a transformational modern NBA center.  

Don’t act like there wouldn’t be pages of comments if he played like the highlights where he’s dunking and swishing threes.  It would have been vicious against Landry and the FO.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

My point is crow is never served.  People will kick the can on Sarr saying he’s a project for 2-3 years and by then he will be a forgotten topic.  

But Sarr is already performing more like what Supes predicted and less like a transformational modern NBA center.  

Don’t act like there wouldn’t be pages of comments if he played like the highlights where he’s dunking and swishing threes.  It would have been vicious against Landry and the FO.  

But who hasn't said that he's a project? Who said he'd be a star day one? Exactly no one. Supes genuinely is right in that :

A. Sarr plays like a finesse PF. No wonder he never wanted to be a Hawk. He's afraid to put a body on somebody which at 221 or so if I back him down  I'd abuse him. 

B.  His offense is non existent because he is not aggressive. He plays not to make contact. His shot is not broken though. 

C.  His defense is decent. But he'll need that because he's not a good rebounder at all.  

All that being said, it's easier to play the "see I was right" game when these pick up games are laughably overrated. So don't act like the Sarr detractors wouldn't be quiet as a church mouse if he were balling out either.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Hawks gonna have to sweat it out for a few years in terms of hoping that ZR turns out to be the best wing in the draft.   Already I have a big question as to if he is better than Buzelis.   Gotta mention Holland as well.

9 minutes ago, shakes said:

Hawks gonna have to sweat it out for a few years in terms of hoping that ZR turns out to be the best wing in the draft.   Already I have a big question as to if he is better than Buzelis.   Gotta mention Holland as well.

Gunners......Both of them are volume scoring. Things they won’t get a chance to do on the real squad.. Thats one of the reasons I like Zacc... He is playing the same way he will on the big team....

He'll be able to get his looks within the flow of the offense...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, terrell said:

Gunners......Both of them are volume scoring. Things they won’t get a chance to do on the real squad.. Thats one of the reasons I like Zacc... He is playing the same way he will on the big team....

He'll be able to get his looks within the flow of the offense...

Buzelis looks to be a lot more than a volume scorer.  He's a dog.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

Buzelis looks to be a lot more than a volume scorer.  He's a dog.

I wanted a trade back to get him. I knew the hawks were set on ZR and that's cool. He's going to be solid. If he gets a smidgen of the dawg I see in Buzelis...he'll be very good  

• Like 1

LET'S COMPARE:

You are shopping for a new car.  You do your research.  You do a test drive.  You find exactly what you want and need.

Taking your new auto out for a spin.  You meet a friend who asks, "Do you like your new car?"  You reply, "Heck no.  I should have looked around and selected an entirely different one."

Hawks went shopping at the NBA draft.  They had their choice of all available players.  They selected the player that they wanted and who would fit exactly what the team needed.  Do you like our new Hawk??

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deester11 said:

But who hasn't said that he's a project? Who said he'd be a star day one? Exactly no one. Supes genuinely is right in that :

A. Sarr plays like a finesse PF. No wonder he never wanted to be a Hawk. He's afraid to put a body on somebody which at 221 or so if I back him down  I'd abuse him. 

B.  His offense is non existent because he is not aggressive. He plays not to make contact. His shot is not broken though. 

C.  His defense is decent. But he'll need that because he's not a good rebounder at all.  

All that being said, it's easier to play the "see I was right" game when these pick up games are laughably overrated. So don't act like the Sarr detractors wouldn't be quiet as a church mouse if he were balling out either.  

This is a sports message board.  People got down right hostile alleging people were completely stupid if they didn't want Sarr.  There was 70 page threads on Sarr vs Edey.

Do you really think it's out of line for people to make a couple comments when he goes 0-15?  What was the thing I said that was particularly harsh?  

No player has had a stat line as bad as 0-15 shooting since 2017.  He deserves some hell.  Fans who acted like he was the no brainer #1 pick should be challenged/questioned.  We can't just gloss over this.  Or at least you shouldn't act so shocked that people notice and comment on it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today’s game against Bronny should be fun but I’m looking forward to the next one against the Bulls. They got my guy Buzelis (before the lottery win) against Risacher (my current guy :huh:). Boo was beggin for a matchup against Rza.

I wanna see them battle and I wanna see Risacher methodically kick his a$$ but Boo boy 👦 got them street stuff. Should be fun.

• Like 3