• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

This is a sports message board.  People got down right hostile alleging people were completely stupid if they didn't want Sarr.  There was 70 page threads on Sarr vs Edey.

Do you really think it's out of line for people to make a couple comments when he goes 0-15?  What was the thing I said that was particularly harsh?  

No player has had a stat line as bad as 0-15 shooting since 2017.  He deserves some hell.  Fans who acted like he was the no brainer #1 pick should be challenged/questioned.  We can't just gloss over this.  Or at least you shouldn't act so shocked that people notice and comment on it.  

It deserves to be commented on for sure.  I don't think challenges to posters' takes are meaningful based on SL play though especially when you are talking about a prospect who wasn't supposed to ready on day 1 (and we are day -75 or whatever).  Time will tell but Sarr isn't a Hawk so if people want to enjoy him missing a ton of jump shots then have at it.  It was an extraordinarily bad night of shooting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

The fact that Buzelis was calling Risacher out and asking to workout against him adds some drama to this exhibition game.  I'll be with you rooting on Risacher to have a dominant night with a few spicy moments.

Matas is a better on ball player but 1v1 is meaningless in the NBA. Kevin Knox killed Mikal Bridges 1v1. Guess who's a way better 5v5 team game player even today?

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Idk brother. A lot of fans were extremely off on this guy and questioned the hell outta me who watched a shit ton of possession by possession film on this kid. I didn't want this kid to be a bust. The film just happened to be awful offensively. 

A lot of thin skinned reactions towards anyone who pointed out Sarr’s flaws accurately.  People were saying they would give up on the team if we didn’t draft Sarr.

Another thing, seems like his defense isn’t that great either.  But, “it’s just summer league.”  

Edited by Final_quest
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Final_quest said:

A lot of thin skinned reactions towards anyone who pointed out Sarr’s flaws accurately.  People were saying they would give up on the team if we drafted Sarr.

Another thing, seems like his defense isn’t that great either.  But, “it’s just summer league.”  

Idk about that. I think his defense is exceptional. He just can't guard 5s. But he can guard 4s and switch better than any big I've ever seen. AD was the switch standard but he's been replaced by Sarr. 

Offensively, he's been as bad as my scout listed. The 2nd worst offensive prospect in this draft and one of the worst in the last 15 years. It's really bad when Thabeet is tiers clear. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

It deserves to be commented on for sure.  I don't think challenges to posters' takes are meaningful based on SL play though especially when you are talking about a prospect who wasn't supposed to ready on day 1 (and we are day -75 or whatever).  Time will tell but Sarr isn't a Hawk so if people want to enjoy him missing a ton of jump shots then have at it.  It was an extraordinarily bad night of shooting.

It’s not just bad shooting, positionally he wants to showcase he has a perimeter game but he has nothing of substance to offer.  He also doesn’t have much of a big man game on offense or defense.  

That was criticism prior to summer league.  So in his case just summer league means people are seeing his true game outside of highlights for the first time.  

What position is he?  It seems he’s miles away from being a center.  Not a perimeter threat either.  It’s way bigger concerns than just missing shots.  

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Idk about that. I think his defense is exceptional. He just can't guard 5s. But he can guard 4s and switch better than any big I've ever seen. AD was the switch standard but he's been replaced by Sarr. 

Offensively, he's been as bad as my scout listed. The 2nd worst offensive prospect in this draft and one of the worst in the last 15 years. It's really bad when Thabeet is tiers clear. 

He can’t guard 5s or any 3 or 4 that will push him out of the way.  He’s pretty soft.

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Matas is a better on ball player but 1v1 is meaningless in the NBA. Kevin Knox killed Mikal Bridges 1v1. Guess who's a way better 5v5 team game player even today?

All summer league is meaningless.  I'm just saying that Matas having publicly called out Risacher adds a bit of drama to what is already slightly better than a televised pickup game.

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

It’s not just bad shooting, positionally he wants to showcase he has a perimeter game but he has nothing of substance to offer.  He also doesn’t have much of a big man game on offense or defense.  

That was criticism prior to summer league.  So in his case just summer league means people are seeing his true game outside of highlights for the first time.  

What position is he?  It seems he’s miles away from being a center.  Not a perimeter threat either.  It’s way bigger concerns than just missing shots.  

My personal view coming into the draft was that he would not have the strength to play center or against hefty 4's and that he had a ways to go all around on offense but had flashed some tools that could be developed to be impactful.  The fact that he will struggle early in his career isn't a news flash.  My view on his position was that he would be primarily defend 4's and perimeter spacing 5's in his rookie season.  I don't take much from SL period but I'm not seeing anything that makes me think differently about that.  

Some people had different expectations than I did.  But I'm not going to measure whether any of us are right or wrong based on a couple of summer league exhibition games.

• Like 1

Sarr is dead to me, he plays for the Wizards now.

That being said, for the sake of debate, I don’t think anyone was wrong on Sarr yet. Those who were against him said he was too weak, a poor screen setter/rebounder, and lacked offensive skill. Those who were for him said he’s 19, will fill out his frame and get stronger, can learn how to set screens and box out, and at the very least had a decent handle to get up and down the court and is a willing shooter from the outside compared to the other big men prospects we were considering him against.

All things still hold true. 3 games doesn’t take away the fact that he can add weight and get stronger as well as round out his offensive game. He was never the best day 1 prospect. Clingan was aways ahead of him in that regard.

Nothing has changed. He can still cover a shot ton of ground on defense.  He still has a huge learning curve, and he may or may not reach his full potential.

Trae Young’s story was not done being told after a few bad SL Games, Sarr’s isn’t either. It is nice, however, to see a guy struggle who allegedly didn’t want to be a Hawk. He plays for our division rival now, so screw him and Schlenk. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

This is a sports message board.  People got down right hostile alleging people were completely stupid if they didn't want Sarr.  There was 70 page threads on Sarr vs Edey.

Do you really think it's out of line for people to make a couple comments when he goes 0-15?  What was the thing I said that was particularly harsh?  

No player has had a stat line as bad as 0-15 shooting since 2017.  He deserves some hell.  Fans who acted like he was the no brainer #1 pick should be challenged/questioned.  We can't just gloss over this.  Or at least you shouldn't act so shocked that people notice and comment on it.  

Lmao. He deserves smoke for sure. I acknowledged that.  I didn't even say you were harsh. This is a sports board. You're correct. The feels are real 😂😂😂

Those who didn't want Sarr should feel the way they did before. Sarr supporters know smoke is there SO FAR. I'm one of them.  I also expected he wouldn't try to be Steph Curry. But it's also the Summer League. He was downright awful. 

I think you gotta be real as well ..this FO has very little room for error.  And regardless of moves and trades that didn't happen, this team still seems stuck in the mud.  People wanted to swing for Sarr because this organizing plays "safe." We ALL KNEW Sarr wasn't safe. It may have been the best safe move they could have done taking ZR. (Whom I'm still indifferent on).  Story is not written yet though.

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Sarr is dead to me, he plays for the Wizards now.

That being said, for the sake of debate, I don’t think anyone was wrong on Sarr yet. Those who were against him said he was too weak, a poor screen setter/rebounder, and lacked offensive skill. Those who were for him said he’s 19, will fill out his frame and get stronger, can learn how to set screens and box out, and at the very least had a decent handle to get up and down the court and is a willing shooter from the outside compared to the other big men prospects we were considering him against.

All things still hold true. 3 games doesn’t take away the fact that he can add weight and get stronger as well as round out his offensive game. He was never the best day 1 prospect. Clingan was aways ahead of him in that regard.

Nothing has changed. He can still cover a shot ton of ground on defense.  He still has a huge learning curve, and he may or may not reach his full potential.

Trae Young’s story was not done being told after a few bad SL Games, Sarr’s isn’t either. It is nice, however, to see a guy struggle who allegedly didn’t want to be a Hawk. He plays for our division rival now, so screw him and Schlenk. 

Agreed 

Sarr, like our own draft pick, is tall, thin and 19 years old.  Both will grow a lot.  Not get much taller but will add weight and mostly muscles to their frame.  Both will be much better with some maturity.

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Lmao. He deserves smoke for sure. I acknowledged that.  I didn't even say you were harsh. This is a sports board. You're correct. The feels are real 😂😂😂

Those who didn't want Sarr should feel the way they did before. Sarr supporters know smoke is there SO FAR. I'm one of them.  I also expected he wouldn't try to be Steph Curry. But it's also the Summer League. He was downright awful. 

I think you gotta be real as well ..this FO has very little room for error.  And regardless of moves and trades that didn't happen, this team still seems stuck in the mud.  People wanted to swing for Sarr because this organizing plays "safe." We ALL KNEW Sarr wasn't safe. It may have been the best safe move they could have done taking ZR. (Whom I'm still indifferent on).  Story is not written yet though.

It will take years to really take account.  Compare JJ as a rookie against Brandon Clarke and it is Clarke in a landslide.  By year 3, I want JJ every night and twice on Sundays.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

It will take years to really take account.  Compare JJ as a rookie against Brandon Clarke and it is Clarke in a landslide.  By year 3, I want JJ every night and twice on Sundays.  

JJ didn't go in the top 3. Expectations matter. See Marvin Williams