• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJ didn't go in the top 3. Expectations matter. See Marvin Williams 

Not sure how that is relevant.  Steve Nash took four years of limited play and development to get where he needed to be before becoming a starter and then a HOFer and 2x MVP.  John Stockton by year 3 was still coming off the bench and averaging 7.9 points a game.  

Stockton was part of the historic 1984 redraft.  If you could correctly scout these players with perfect accuracy, where would you take Stockton today?  I expect he would go #4.  Would the fact that he took several years to develop make that a bad pick? Not in my book.  Would you take Alvin Robertson over him since Robertson was an All-Star by year 2?  I sure hope not.

If you did a redraft of the 2021 draft, where would you take Jalen?  Because where you would take him knowing what he becomes is where you would expect him to go in a draft where everyone has perfect information on the players.  The only reason you wouldn't take Nikola Jokic #1 in a redraft is if you are the only one who recognizes his true potential in which case you would take him as low as you could while ensuring you would still get him but that is more about strategy for optimizing your draft outcome rather than justifying which players are worth what picks.  

If Sarr is the best player from this class and an MVP candidate in year 6 of his career, he will be worth a ton more than someone who was much better than him as a rookie but topped out as a serviceable starter.  The only reason anyone would want Sarr is because of his ceiling.  If you were drafting for where players are today, he wouldn't have been in the discussion because the consensus was that he will take time to develop and come into his own.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Y'all talking about the wrong thing......is tonight the night that Bronny looks like an NBA player? He's playing the Hawks after all where we give up a shitton of points to opposing players. :stirthepot:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

This is a sports message board.  People got down right hostile alleging people were completely stupid if they didn't want Sarr.  There was 70 page threads on Sarr vs Edey.

Do you really think it's out of line for people to make a couple comments when he goes 0-15?  What was the thing I said that was particularly harsh?  

No player has had a stat line as bad as 0-15 shooting since 2017.  He deserves some hell.  Fans who acted like he was the no brainer #1 pick should be challenged/questioned.  We can't just gloss over this.  Or at least you shouldn't act so shocked that people notice and comment on it.  

There was 1 guy who liked Sarr better than anyone else here... 

Stand up for your guy @KB21...........................

Because if Risacher went 0-15 ALOT of fans would be talking shit too...😀

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, marco102 said:

Yes, it's summer league..lol

We all knew he'd be rough offensively.  We said figure that out and draft him for his defense which was good the first couple of games. 

I'm team Zacc now so you can bash Sarr as much as you like.

Yeah its SL, and I take it with a grain of salt,   BUT.....................................

He's 7'1.

He should be able to generate at least 2-3 easy looks for himself right out the gate, IMO.

It's not like he's battling Embiid or Giannis down there.

Hell, even Zacc has found a way to get a few easy looks at the basket so far.  lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Y'all talking about the wrong thing......is tonight the night that Bronny looks like an NBA player? He's playing the Hawks after all where we give up a shitton of points to opposing players. :stirthepot:

@Spud2nique, it's time.

Time to break out the gif.  Burd's had too much internets.  You do the honors, sir.

(Since I don't know how to post gifs anymore) 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure how that is relevant.  Steve Nash took four years of limited play and development to get where he needed to be before becoming a starter and then a HOFer and 2x MVP.  John Stockton by year 3 was still coming off the bench and averaging 7.9 points a game.  

Stockton was part of the historic 1984 redraft.  If you could correctly scout these players with perfect accuracy, where would you take Stockton today?  I expect he would go #4.  Would the fact that he took several years to develop make that a bad pick? Not in my book.  Would you take Alvin Robertson over him since Robertson was an All-Star by year 2?  I sure hope not.

If you did a redraft of the 2021 draft, where would you take Jalen?  Because where you would take him knowing what he becomes is where you would expect him to go in a draft where everyone has perfect information on the players.  The only reason you wouldn't take Nikola Jokic #1 in a redraft is if you are the only one who recognizes his true potential in which case you would take him as low as you could while ensuring you would still get him but that is more about strategy for optimizing your draft outcome rather than justifying which players are worth what picks.  

If Sarr is the best player from this class and an MVP candidate in year 6 of his career, he will be worth a ton more than someone who was much better than him as a rookie but topped out as a serviceable starter.  The only reason anyone would want Sarr is because of his ceiling.  If you were drafting for where players are today, he wouldn't have been in the discussion because the consensus was that he will take time to develop and come into his own.

It's matters a lot. Expectations weigh a ton. JJ was in the Gleague for two years and no one cared outside of @thecampster 

Sarr was picked to be a franchise player. You have to have some level of polish to handle that massive role. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bronny...?? You made my head hurt Jay. Yuck and hell nah . 

IMG_0599.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

We always remember the important things, squd.

😁

lol true 💯 I dunno if it’s super important but the one that sticks out most to me is the confusion 🤔 of 1️⃣ Antawn Jamison in the 98 draft when traded for half man half amazing. I’m not sure how that isn’t a meme right now. :laugh1:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Bronny...?? You made my head hurt Jay. Yuck and hell nah . 

IMG_0599.gif

We let that dude from Toronto get a 50 burger.  All last season: struggling shooting, play the Hawks.

world-star-hey-girl-hey-there-when-you-s

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique, it's time.

Time to break out the gif.  Burd's had too much internets.  You do the honors, sir.

(Since I don't know how to post gifs anymore) 

WHAT! They banned up from gifs! But you were runner up to the daddy for mod powers! I’m gonna speak 🗣️ with management regarding this! I’m not taking this sitting 🪑 down I’ll tell you that right now. 

But for now I’ll take your word and send mamacita gato 🐈 grande for super bird 🦜!

Hey @JayBirdHawk come here real quick {seeds, snickers, stuff birds like} 🖐️… :indifferent:..

:batman:

image.gif.695b29e53943b50fd57c059722591ad4.gif

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, terrell said:

There was 1 guy who liked Sarr better than anyone else here... 

Stand up for your guy @KB21...........................

Because if Risacher went 0-15 ALOT of fans would be talking shit too...😀

I think the Sarr talk is gonna be over for a while.  Ha.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's matters a lot. Expectations weigh a ton. JJ was in the Gleague for two years and no one cared outside of @thecampster 

Sarr was picked to be a franchise player. You have to have some level of polish to handle that massive role. 

I guess Risacher is a failure if he isn't a franchise player then.  Come on Supes.  There is no one with franchise player ceiling and day 1 polish in this draft class.  If there was, we would have drafted them.  If someone emerges as a franchise player who is a day 1 impact player that will be a surprise to everyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deester11 said:

Lmao. He deserves smoke for sure. I acknowledged that.  I didn't even say you were harsh. This is a sports board. You're correct. The feels are real 😂😂😂

Those who didn't want Sarr should feel the way they did before. Sarr supporters know smoke is there SO FAR. I'm one of them.  I also expected he wouldn't try to be Steph Curry. But it's also the Summer League. He was downright awful. 

I think you gotta be real as well ..this FO has very little room for error.  And regardless of moves and trades that didn't happen, this team still seems stuck in the mud.  People wanted to swing for Sarr because this organizing plays "safe." We ALL KNEW Sarr wasn't safe. It may have been the best safe move they could have done taking ZR. (Whom I'm still indifferent on).  Story is not written yet though.

Landry is treading water in some ways.  Playing it too safe could be a problem for him.  

Sarr would have been a huge mistake, though.  I actually like Risacher so far.  I think he is taking out of rhythm shots just because he’s being told to let it fly.  Think he will thrive in a more organized setting.

Landry has done some thankless dirty work that is hard for fans to appreciate.  Cutting Collins.  Trading Murray.  Resetting the roster while hoping to stay competitive.  We’re getting out of the mud slowly.  

• Thanks 1

When Kevin Pelton didn't have Sarr near the top of his model, that was pretty much a tell.

Reed at the top is just another notch in his belt.

Reed & Clingan have the ability to fulfill a solid role or star in the NBA. 

Risacher has all the intangibles and skill that we want for the Hawks around Trae.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1