• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Not that I agree with @shakes and his thinly-veiled/snowflake-level complaint, I thought the coaches said they wanted ZR to get better through playing?

Am I misremembering them saying that?  It's quite likely I am, if I'm being honest.

1 hour ago, ShayD said:

So which is it? Did he really get injured or they are holding him out?

Within 1 day with no practice he somehow hurt his thigh unless I missed it in his last game.

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Bummer, didn't know they said that -- hopefully he's not actually injured badly.

It's all of the above.  Fields did say they'd monitor his minutes since he was playing late overseas into June while the rest of the college players have been off since March.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Just go ahead and release this clown.   Wasting their time with someone who won't get into basketball shape.   Im out on this guy.  

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, starting to agree.  He looks exactly the same as last summer league.  If a guy is really grinding and improving, we should be seeing it by now.  If we're not, he's either not putting in the work or hit his ceiling.

I'll say this:

His upper body looks bigger than last season, but he skipped leg day. 

SL isn't meant for everyone, particularly when we have no PG

Mo started playing basketball late.

HE NEEDS TO STAY ON HIS FEET!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

You saying they had a career suicide pact and were gonna go out in a blaze of oncourt glory?

That's weird.

🫨 was 🤏 close to makin it in the league.. :indifferent:

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Gueye was always a long-term developmental project.  He has a guaranteed contract for this year and the rest of his contract is unguaranteed.  I don't think we are going to sign anyone great if we cut him and don't think we have the money to cut him and Zeller and still fill the roster and avoid going over the tax (without another salary dumping move).  Give him clear direction and oversight this year and see where he goes.  Next year he is easy to cut and last year he was hurt so much that it was effectively a lost season.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@Sothron I may need you to work my buttons.. :indifferent:

I’ll just yell out.. ⏹️⏹️🔼🔼🔼🔼🔼0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣❌❌❌!!!!

Hey @Sothron how come the Hawks All Time team on 2k doesn’t include Mookie and Alice (Hor) :indifferent: not that I’m complaining about the latter I enough with Deke Pettit, Willis etc.

The former bothers me. They need your boy Smitty’s running mate in there imo. He was one of our top players and led us for nearly a decade.

Who do I call 📞? I need to speak 🗣️ to the manager? :mellow:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey @Sothron how come the Hawks All Time team on 2k doesn’t include Mookie and Alice (Hor) :indifferent: not that I’m complaining about the latter I enough with Deke Pettit, Willis etc.

The former bothers me. They need your boy Smitty’s running mate in there imo. He was one of our top players and led us for nearly a decade.

Who do I call 📞? I need to speak 🗣️ to the manager? :mellow:

I can see Spud now:

image.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

I can see Spud now:

image.gif

Heh, didn't know @Spud2nique had the Jimi emo haircut.  Nice.

On a serious note, I'm starting to feel sarry for Sarr.  I mean I expected he needed development but dude out here gettin' body-ody-odied by something called Drew Timme tonite.

Who knew he was doing us a massive favor by forcing himself to Lossington?

Good thing I always wanted ZR....

risa-gif-7869074955654878164.gif

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heh, didn't know @Spud2nique had the Jimi emo haircut.  Nice.

On a serious note, I'm starting to feel sarry for Sarr.  I mean I expected he needed development but dude out here gettin' body-ody-odied by something called Drew Timme tonite.

Who knew he was doing us a massive favor by forcing himself to Lossington?

Good thing I always wanted ZR....

risa-gif-7869074955654878164.gif

#sarrsux

• Haha 1

I'm not all in on ZR but Sarr is doing himself no favors.  I can see why Atlanta wanted ZR...at this point I'll give the FO credit. But I keep perspective..it's SL. That said..I still believe we're mid af. But Sarr..eww

IMG_5711.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I'm not all in on ZR but Sarr is doing himself no favors.  I can see why Atlanta wanted ZR...at this point I'll give the FO credit. But I keep perspective..it's SL. That said..I still believe we're mid af. But Sarr..eww

IMG_5711.gif

Post rec avatar 🫡 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, deester11 said:

IMG_5711.gif

We want Zaccharie, We want Zaccharie!!

redd-foxx-sanford-and-son.gif.a1cac80a7be6e360746ecc28de744a46.gif

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

He hasn’t been head over heels, he’s been heels over head all the times he’s hit the deck in SL. 

Lay off the dude. He is is great for where he is at. His skills are undeniable at his age and size. He has not played basketball in over a year and he is out there with a make shift team.   Him falling isn’t a lack of strength, it is actually playing extra hard and fast. Combine that with wild summer leaguers clawing and scratching to make make a name for themselves and this is what you get. I appreciate him giving this level of effort now because we need more players like that on the big team. 

11 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

They definitely have become a lot softer in the NBA over the years, but it's now a society of softness.  

Hawk’s DNP, I mean DNA smh

• Like 3
  • Haha 1