• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

21 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Just go ahead and release this clown.   Wasting their time with someone who won't get into basketball shape.   Im out on this guy.  

I like Mo G's skill set, but I was never sold on him either.  A lot of fans were expecting him to possibly challenge for a rotation spot this season.  

His issue is that he doesn't play under control, and finds himself in awkward positions that expose him to injury.

I wouldn't call him a "clown", but the "Legend of Mo G" may be greatly exaggerated.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I like Mo G's skill set, but I was never sold on him either.  A lot of fans were expecting him to possibly challenge for a rotation spot this season.  

His issue is that he doesn't play under control, and finds himself in awkward positions that expose him to injury.

I wouldn't call him a "clown", but the "Legend of Mo G" may be greatly exaggerated.

I don't think it is time to throw in the towel on him.  I certainly didn't count on him taking a rotation spot last year and am not counting on that for this year either.  He was a long-term developmental project for someone with limited basketball experience and exciting tools.  Last year was a lost season for him due to injury so he is closer to where he was when we drafted him than where people hoped he would be after a rookie year focus on development.  This year in my mind is now the big season of development.  Back in College Park for most of the year.  Hopefully we have depth and health (sigh) where we don't need him and so if he gets minutes it will be a reflection of his improvement and refinement.  Give him the year and see where he is at the end of it.  My hope is that he can earn a rotation spot next year.  It would be silly to take a guy who is expected to have a ton of growth and then get worked up because he isn't there near the start of that journey.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think it is time to throw in the towel on him.  I certainly didn't count on him taking a rotation spot last year and am not counting on that for this year either.  He was a long-term developmental project for someone with limited basketball experience and exciting tools.  Last year was a lost season for him due to injury so he is closer to where he was when we drafted him than where people hoped he would be after a rookie year focus on development.  This year in my mind is now the big season of development.  Back in College Park for most of the year.  Hopefully we have depth and health (sigh) where we don't need him and so if he gets minutes it will be a reflection of his improvement and refinement.  Give him the year and see where he is at the end of it.  My hope is that he can earn a rotation spot next year.  It would be silly to take a guy who is expected to have a ton of growth and then get worked up because he isn't there near the start of that journey.

Giving him another year of development in College Park, is fair.  The potential with his shooting and defense are skill sets we definitely need on this team.

• Like 1

All 4 of our Pro teams year in and year out seem to always have major injuries that impact their ability to win, wonder if this is the same for all sports cities?

Edited by swanlee
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, swanlee said:

All 4 of our Pro teams year in and year out seem to always have major injuries that impact their ability to win, wonder if this is the same for all sports cities?

There is no doubt we are more sensitive to our own teams injuries and more dismissive of other teams' injuries.  I think of the 2015 Hawks getting swept by the Cavs and how many fans pointed to injuries as the reason we lost that series but they rarely seem to take into account the injuries to Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao and Kyrie Irving (maybe others).

It is definitely true that some teams are just very healthy in a given year and some players are just very healthy for the vast majority of their career while others are consistently plagued by problems.  So not everything is equal especially in a given year but the way we perceive it makes us much more aware of the injuries that affect our teams.

• Like 1

We will need to see MoG with the regulars before passing judgement.

There’s a lot working against him for Summer League that makes an accurate eval hard.

1. SL is not conducive for non ball dominant players unless you’re a knockdown shooter. 

2. 2nd year players (according to Jeff Teague’s podcast) usually have a tougher time than they did as rookies because they have spent a year in a pro system learning how to be a role player, and when SL comes around you’re expected to be the main guy, which is different than everything you were just asked to do for a year. It’s easier for rookies to come in and just hoop and let their game speak before they get programmed in to a system. A lot of 2nd year guys look worse than they did the year before because of this.

3. Due to other injuries around him, we don’t look super organized as a team. It’s hard to get a read on anyone specific. Liddell looked great in game 2 for instance and lost in game 3. It is what it is.

For what we will need and ask of MoG in the regular season, I think he will be better than his showing in SL. He should still be 3rd on the depth chart if you ask me.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey @Sothron how come the Hawks All Time team on 2k doesn’t include Mookie and Alice (Hor) :indifferent: not that I’m complaining about the latter I enough with Deke Pettit, Willis etc.

The former bothers me. They need your boy Smitty’s running mate in there imo. He was one of our top players and led us for nearly a decade.

Who do I call 📞? I need to speak 🗣️ to the manager? :mellow:

Mookie won't sign the contract to use him in the game 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Sarr is bombing big time... Facts.

Glad we dodged that bullet

I wouldn't say he's bombing. If you watched the film, he was one of the worst offensive prospects in a decade. Only one worse in this class was Ryan Dunn and Dunn might be in the worst in decades 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't say he's bombing. If you watched the film, he was one of the worst offensive prospects in a decade. Only one worse in this class was Ryan Dunn and Dunn might be in the worst in decades 

Supes you post this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1e7d6by/alex_sarr_frances_secret_weapon_to_building_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

I wonder why?

Probably the same reason why the ones who never sign like Sir Charles and Rasheed etc: they don't think they are offering enough money. Which, frankly to me, is absurd and insulting to your actual fans who just want to play as those guys again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1