• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I think this summer league went about as **ts up as could be.  Hope the regular season isn’t this kind of train wreck.

As long as the injuries' do not linger think it was a good experience for the team, shit hit the fan and they still tried as hard as they could. Team building and coming together is way underrated

• Moderators
1 hour ago, swanlee said:

As long as the injuries' do not linger think it was a good experience for the team, shit hit the fan and they still tried as hard as they could. Team building and coming together is way underrated

I can’t really buy into that since none of the guys who came together will be playing in Atlanta!  I don’t really care if the guys last game came together to overcome the loss of Zac, Kobe, etc.  I don’t want them playing for us so….

Final Summer League game tonight.  Our Hawk team has a perfect -0- wins record.  They had to go into overtime for that last one.  They would have messed up their record except they managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat by missing several free throws before the end of regulation.

Strangely enough, with all the players missing who we were expecting to start, every game has been close.

Don't mess up tonight.  Our -0- win record is on the line!

:smug:

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Any word if Zac is playing tonight?

Saw some rando report that said he is indeed out, which wouldn't be surprising.

I'm still waiting on some twit announcement tho. 

Eta.  Disregard, I think I saw the Bulls game starting lineup.  My bad. 

Edited by kg01

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks almost have more out than available.

🥲

Don’t worry.  Nick Ressler is 100% available.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/20/2024 at 6:55 AM, Spud2nique said:

Where’s my receipt 🧾 on my boy Buzelis. Look I don’t care if ZR was or what. It’s starting to sound and look like Bu is punking Zacc left and right and playing in games and doing well (against us no less).

Where’s the receipt 🧾 I had on Buzelis. :rtfm: 

I just don’t get it. Why Zacc over Bu?

I wanna see what Landry looked like last night. Wow.

I like his confidence but not that he’s a Chicago Bull I’m hoping some folks remember his COCKINESS!!! 😡 If you a Hawk it’s confidence if not you are just cocky!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9bh4MWAgA-/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is just strange to me given that he has a long time to rest before playing again and missed a bunch of time last year.  Seems like a good game to let him flex similar to what Wallace did.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is just strange to me given that he has a long time to rest before playing again and missed a bunch of time last year.  Seems like a good game to let him flex similar to what Wallace did.  

My only thought is a trade possibility, a team called after seeing his last game,  so don't want him injured?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Hawks do some weird shit  man.. lol

Courtney Alexander on BSPN talking about having half court range? :huh: When was that? Sounded like he wasn’t joking either. 🤔 

I remember liking him as a prospect in the 90’s. I think he went to the Mavs but I don’t remember that range. 

If Trae puts up his normal numbers, and this team wins 48+ games and a top 5 seed, Trae BETTER get some MVP votes.

This is NOT a 48 win team on paper.

I'm highly disappointed in what this front office and ownership has done this offseason so far.

Summer league was almost a total bust, with Zacch only playing 2 games. We traded our 2nd best player for defensive pieces and Draft picks. And no other free agent signing on the horizon, that can be a starter or rotation player.

This season either has to see Trae playing like 2000 - 01 Allen Iverson ... or Jalen Johnson becoming so good, that he's a bonafide All-Star candidate ... or both.

Sorry for the rant in this thread. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is NOT a 48 win team on paper.

Not based on experience or accomplishments but it surely can be based on fit and opportunity. 

I've been saying it since the trade and will continue to say it. This team is a lot better than last year. They fit together better and have guys that are cable of being VERY good but just haven't had the opportunity to prove it. 

I'm going conservative on the record at 45 games, but I can absolutely believe they can win more than that. 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My only thought is a trade possibility, a team called after seeing his last game,  so don't want him injured?

Consider my eyebrow firmly raised on the idea of anyone giving up value for Liddell.  I doubt most teams would take him for free.  I’m optimistic about Daniels (not compared to some here but in my own mind) but if Liddell ever plays meaningful minutes for this team I’ll be thrilled.  I have him and Mo in the College Park category for this season.  We will have a need at PF at some point though so they will get their chance if they are ready.

• Haha 1