• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

I think he will have his ups and downs but definately he will play with Hawks, somewhere from 12-28 mpg and somewhere from 7-14 ppg, that is what I am expecting but definately the shooting, passing and defense translates to the NBA. All depends on how efective he will be on offense and if he is not a liability on defense, I think he Will do well anyway, he plays off the ball and is a good fit for Trae and Hunter, I think he might be the starting SG 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

I think he will have his ups and downs but definately he will play with Hawks, somewhere from 12-28 mpg and somewhere from 7-14 ppg, that is what I am expecting but definately the shooting, passing and defense translates to the NBA. All depends on how efective he will be on offense and if he is not a liability on defense, I think he Will do well anyway, he plays off the ball and is a good fit for Trae and Hunter, I think he might be the starting SG 

I think he can score more than 14ppg. His on ball skills are much better than I though day 1. He might be able to score with rookie Wemby. We really couldn't exploit his off the ball prowess due to our lack of PG and just lack overall BBIQ as a group. 

• Like 3

He’s as mature as Shane “who’s your daddy” Battier coming out. Think he went 6th to Memphis but when he came in that team kind of turned it around. I mean Gasol yes, but Battier was a big part of the success of the grit n grind.

Risacher has 4 year of pro ball too? Or 3? In any event it’s like he’s a junior or senior coming out, but playing against grown men strength and not future college accountants 😆.

Let’s go Risacher. Gettem!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Sarr's defense is definitely legit.  Offensively he would have really benefitted from playing with a guy like Trae and he may regret asking for Washington.  He definitely needs a PG to set him up.  Nothing really surprised me there though I didn't expect him to flourish in this type of role offensively.  ZR just really impressed me overall, he was far more advanced in nearly every skill than I thought.

He really didn't show many anything off the ball to make me believe that is true. Sarr just looks like a jag on offense. The handle is good for his size but it's not really good in general. He's just big and athletic offensively. The skill, movement, BBIQ, and feel just isn't there. Defensively, everything is there. He's missing nothing but strength which is Normal for his age. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Risacher also got post up skill and he's has a good touch around the rim. He's way better than my scout. Way better. He can score 24ppg in the NBA. Guys just don't have that package. Obviously, he needs someone around him that's a creator but we have that in Trae. 

I think I might have missed on Risacher like I missed on Horford. Where I was high on them as prospects but nowhere close to high as I should have been. I am really starting to believe I made a mistake having Edey over him and he's better than most of the guys in last year's draft too outside of Wemby and he's not as far away from Wemby one would assume. He doesn't have Wemby upside but his upside is legit. The hype Marvin had is the hype Risacher should have. 

a steady eddy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

As much as we got knocked about the pick I thought I'd see an immature product that needed a good amount of work. 

What I saw was someone that already has a great feel for the game, and a lot of intangibles you can't teach. I have hope this kid can make an impact from day one. 

he needs to get in the weight room and cafeteria.

• Like 2

Well, Howdy!  Seems that our GM and his crew knows things.  They did the selecting in this draft and they wanted who we got.  Many of us didn't really know anything about him.  Apparently, Risacher is the real deal.  Does this old man's heart good to see several posters come around to his side.

Warning.  This was just one summer league game.  

:smug:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mo needs to work on those toothpick legs. He's like a baby giraffe, unsteady on his legs.

Hawks should start to fine him whenever he falls.

He was on the ground more than Marvin Williams last night...😀

• Haha 2

What I saw and heard from yesterday's game:

1. Risacher and Sarr look like future stars.  ( say this to say that similar to the Trae/Luka decision) it is a matter of which way you wanna go?  Sarr's superior defense and good offense or Risacher's great offense and good defense.  I would've went defense but Risacher appears good enough to make it a moot point

2. Riscacher's poise.  Like Luka, the experience as a pro at a young age makes him more NBA ready than most players in the draft and even 1st and 2nd year NBA players.

3.  Landry is warming up on me.  He said he valued Hunter as much as I do for his defense and length.  Hunter most likely isn't going anywhere and will make solid depth off the bench behind Riscacher.  I need a nickname for him because the name police gonna ticket me sooner or later. Wallace looks good. Nikola has promise.

4. Nikola isn't as big as Matas Buzelis or as good but I believe he can be a "light" version of him with his athleticism albeit at a different position.

Its gonna be interesting to see how Quin tries to implement Risacher into the offense with Trae and Johnson. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952j4riz416j88yudhmuug

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No way we send the #1 pick to College Park.

That means we picked the wrong player.

Peo knows this shit ain't happening.. lol

• Haha 4