• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

37 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

children

Ya the children being fringe roster guys. He was the 9th pick. Let’s see how he fares against OO. OO is gonna eat him up baby!!!! Like KOBEYAASSHHHIII 😋 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

The only other time I’ve not wanted one guy and we’ve picked him was 92 Keefe, I was happy with anyone else. I wanted Baby Jordan Harold Miner, I was wrong.

2017 for example I said I wanted OG, said the guy I ABSOLUTELY didn’t want was Kuzma.

I forgot one more year there was a guy I absolutely didn’t want. 2004, Childress and we took him.

92- Keefe

04- Childress

24- Risacher

Prove me wrong baby! 

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya the children being fringe roster guys. He was the 9th pick. Let’s see how he fares against OO. OO is gonna eat him up baby!!!! Like KOBEYAASSHHHIII 😋 

Your defense of OO is to be admired.  Let's not get carried away.

:ahf:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I didn’t like his feet 👣 and the way they moved on the court honestly. They look funky like 🦆 ish again in the way Marvin Williams feet looked. But last night I noticed he still has balance and strength with his feet 🦶 and can take and dish out hits.

If you can deal with "tippy toes" Jalen Johnson, you can deal with anybody...

MJAVPF5YAFARDPLOPQBM7RZDDU.jpg

• Thanks 1

This is a prime example of what I said earlier about NBA players being allowed to carry and double dribble.  This is a play yesterday by Reed that got folks hollering about him.  Its very subtle but this is a double dribble.  At the 2 second mark you can see its a double dribble.  Thats why the defender momentarily paused because he was getting ready to challenge the jump shot that should've came before he took off with the second dribble. They will not call this in today's game but historically when the refs weren't instructed to ignore this, this would've been a turnover.  It was about the time the NBA opened up the offense with rule changes is when I speculate that refs were instructed to not call the carries and double dribbles.  

St8Pa.gif

Rule No. 10:

Section II—Dribble

1. A player shall not run with the ball without dribbling it.
  2. A player in control of a dribble who steps on or outside a boundary line, even though not touching the ball while on or outside that boundary line, shall not be allowed to return inbounds and continue his dribble. He may not even be the first player to touch the ball after he has re-established a position inbounds.
  3. A player may not dribble a second time after he has voluntarily ended his first dribble.
  4. A player who is dribbling may not put any part of his hand under the ball and (1) carry it from one point to another or (2) bring it to a pause and then continue to dribble again.
  5. A player may dribble a second time if he lost control of the ball because of:
    1. A field goal attempt at his basket, provided the ball touches the backboard or basket ring
    2. An opponent touching the ball
    3. A pass or fumble which touches his backboard, basket ring or is touched by another player.
      1. PENALTY: Loss of ball. Ball is awarded to the opposing team on the sideline nearest the spot of the violation but no nearer the baseline than the foul line extended.
Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

This is a prime example of what I said earlier about NBA players being allowed to carry and double dribble.  This is a play yesterday by Reed that got folks hollering about him.  Its very subtle but this is a double dribble.  At the 2 second mark you can see its a double dribble.  Thats why the defender momentarily paused because he was getting ready to challenge the jump shot that should've came before he took off with the second dribble. They will not call this in today's game but historically when the refs weren't instructed to ignore this, this would've been a turnover.  It was about the time the NBA opened up the offense with rule changes is when I speculate that refs were instructed to not call the carries and double dribbles.  

St8Pa.gif

Rule No. 10:

Section II—Dribble

1. A player shall not run with the ball without dribbling it.
  2. A player in control of a dribble who steps on or outside a boundary line, even though not touching the ball while on or outside that boundary line, shall not be allowed to return inbounds and continue his dribble. He may not even be the first player to touch the ball after he has re-established a position inbounds.
  3. A player may not dribble a second time after he has voluntarily ended his first dribble.
  4. A player who is dribbling may not put any part of his hand under the ball and (1) carry it from one point to another or (2) bring it to a pause and then continue to dribble again.
  5. A player may dribble a second time if he lost control of the ball because of:
    1. A field goal attempt at his basket, provided the ball touches the backboard or basket ring
    2. An opponent touching the ball
    3. A pass or fumble which touches his backboard, basket ring or is touched by another player.
      1. PENALTY: Loss of ball. Ball is awarded to the opposing team on the sideline nearest the spot of the violation but no nearer the baseline than the foul line extended.

Always happy for the chance to disagree with you.

Well actually I agree with your premise but i think that particular play was simply a missed call.  Refs don't let the '2nd hand on the ball' slide.

What they let slide ... INCORRECTLY imho ... is the obvious 'hand under the ball, ball comes to rest, then continue the dribble'.

That's a clear violation.  These are supposed to be the best in the world.  They shouldn't need things to be made easier.  The great ones would be able to adjust to being forced to dribble according to the rules.

So I guess, long story long, I actually agree with you. 😔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Always happy for the chance to disagree with you.

Well actually I agree with your premise but i think that particular play was simply a missed call.  Refs don't let the '2nd hand on the ball' slide.

What they let slide ... INCORRECTLY imho ... is the obvious 'hand under the ball, ball comes to rest, then continue the dribble'.

That's a clear violation.  These are supposed to be the best in the world.  They shouldn't need things to be made easier.  The great ones would be able to adjust to being forced to dribble according to the rules.

So I guess, long story long, I actually agree with you. 😔

Whether it was intentional or a missed call I've seen enough to know that the refs for the most part are ignoring double dribbles and carries.  If this could be challenged by a coach on the other team, this is the precise rule Reed violated:

1. A player who is dribbling may not put any part of his hand under the ball and (1) carry it from one point to another or (2) bring it to a pause and then continue to dribble again.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Did you see edey? Grown ass man amongst children

Based on SL, he looks way better than what Ive seen from Clingan tonight... lol

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Just SL, but Clingan got some work to do.  He big but his impact ain't impactin' so much.

Dang I missed it. Just got home. It’s supposed to record all nba summer league but possibly Hawks only 🤦‍♀️ 

I wanna see the big feller.. 

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dang I missed it. Just got home. It’s supposed to record all nba summer league but possibly Hawks only 🤦‍♀️ 

I wanna see the big feller.. 

I only popped in and out tryna see his minutes.  But it was tough.  Their guards(sic) did him no favors so he was kinda just flailing around.  

If I were POR, I would've made sure to have solid guard play for him.

But I guess they're like us and don't put together solid SL teams. 

Eta.  By "solid" I mean well-conceived, not saying tryna go out and win the SL title or anything. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

the children being try hards trying to make a roster

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:huh: Come again?

That's one of them new things.  Kg02 said she didn't wanna be a 'try hard' in gym.  One of the kids trying all hard for no reason.

I'm up on my teenage lingo, which I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. 🫤 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

I only popped in and out tryna see his minutes.  But it was tough.  Their guards(sic) did him no favors so he was kinda just flailing around.  

If I were POR, I would've made sure to have solid guard play for him.

But I guess they're like us and don't put together solid SL teams. 

Eta.  By "solid" I mean well-conceived, not saying tryna go out and win the SL title or anything. 

I feel I was overly harsh on Clingan.  I'm gonna give him another couple of watches.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

That's one of them new things.  Kg02 said she didn't wanna be a 'try hard' in gym.  One of the kids trying all hard for no reason.

I'm up on my teenage lingo, which I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. 🫤 

ernie-sesame-street-smh-shaking-my-head-

• Haha 2