• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Summer League Roster and Games.

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Bulls might have the true steal of the draft in Matas Buzelis.  Dude has a serious game.  The Bulls got him with the 11th pick.  Where they got him at is the whole point. 11th pick?  Dude can ball.

I love this kid.  Gonna be super jealous if he turns into the star from this draft.  He has personality and swagger.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, terrell said:

I'm posting this Just because he didn't want to be a Hawk...😂

Smh this is for all the people that listed him as a floor spacer in those draft profiles 😂

• Premium Member

While we're at it, Sarr pulled down 4 rebounds in 29 minutes.  This is the real reason I was fine passing on the guy-- I really question his motor and willingness to do what it takes to win.  Dude is allergic to anything that might require contact

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Smh this is for all the people that listed him as a floor spacer in those draft profiles 😂

Did u see how spaced the floor was when he clanked that three? He really opened up the driving lanes in that 4v1.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

While we're at it, Sarr pulled down 4 rebounds in 29 minutes.  This is the real reason I was fine passing on the guy-- I really question his motor and willingness to do what it takes to win.  Dude is allergic to anything that might require contact

Yep, he can’t stretch the floor or play inside with the exception of weak side blocks.  He’s such a long term project with a lower ceiling than most believed.  

By draft night I wanted Buzelis and Clingan in a trade down, but prefer Risacher over Sarr for the time being.

41 minutes ago, AHF said:

Given how Clingan and Buzelis slipped that could have been achievable.  I’m rooting hard for Risacher to be the best player from this class and for the FO to have nailed this pick.

I hope that happens with Risacher.  I'm mentally settling for we had to either trade down for a lower than usual return on a #1 pick or make a selection.  This draft always had a feeling that the best player is gonna be taken outside the top 5 picks like a Gobert, Kawhi, or Jokic.  I'm expecting we'll get some flack for not walking away with the best overall player. 
But I like that Risacher could fit the Klay Thompson or Khris Middleton role with Trae, and he has a chance at looking like he was a good selection.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It will be interesting to look back at this draft 2-4 years from now.  Even at the end of next season it will be interesting as it's really hard to tell who will translate watching these summer league games.  I doubt we had any significant offers for teams to move up to number 1.  Not sure why there would be any as everyone in the world could see how flat this draft class was.  I think we got very lucky to draft #1 because I suspect a lot of the guys in the top 15 will never be starters and some won't even be in the NBA 5 years from now

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It will be interesting to look back at this draft 2-4 years from now.  Even at the end of next season it will be interesting as it's really hard to tell who will translate watching these summer league games.  I doubt we had any significant offers for teams to move up to number 1.  Not sure why there would be any as everyone in the world could see how flat this draft class was.  I think we got very lucky to draft #1 because I suspect a lot of the guys in the top 15 will never be starters and some won't even be in the NBA 5 years from now

Hindsight is always 20/20 and stats don't show true future production but how the players play in the summer league (smart plays, high IQ) can determine their ceiling.

I think Reed & Risacher have the best chance of all-star careers.

I think these players are rotation players but never all-stars:
Sarr
Holland
Castle
Dillingham
Matas B.
Bronny
Knecht

Edited by theheroatl

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Hindsight is always 20/20 and stats don't show true future production but how the players play in the summer league (smart plays, high IQ) can determine their ceiling.

Sarr
Holland
Castle
Dillingham
Matas B.
Bronny<<<<
Knecht

One of these is not like the others… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Sarr
Holland
Castle
Dillingham
Matas B.
Bronny
Knecht

You really snuck him in there huh?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Reed Sheppard looks amazing. The Hawks scouting guys called him a Patrick Maholmes type player...and didn't draft him. That tells you how much they like ZR. Although it was close. 

He didnt look amazing last night.. Not to me anyway.. PLayers are gonna miss shots, but His passing leaves ALOT to be desired if he's planning on being a PG...

Edited by terrell

43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I liked Mo game 2 and I didn't think during the replay he played as bad as I assumed in game 1 either. 

He just needs to r-e-l-a-x.......😀

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I doubt we had any significant offers for teams to move up to number 1.  

I don't think this is accurate.  We had reports of trade offers on draft day from the insiders.  I'm sure there are some things they can't share beyond what they posted publicly as well.  The #1 pick draws a lot of attention even in a bad draft.