• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Countdown ⏰ to the 2024 NBA Draft

Spud2nique

This is the most important week in the history of franchise.

1. To trade Dejounte or Trae. I think a decision needs to be made by the draft as trading one of them will effect the draft strategy and influence who they may pick.

2. Who to pick at number one? It is not a great draft, no clear cut top prospect. If Clingan is their guy, I think the hawks ideally wants to trade down and get another asset, but they probably need to stay in top 4 to assure themselves of Clingan being available to them. Could they bait San Antonio to trade up to number one, exchanging Pick 1 for Pick 4 plus another asset. Could it potentially be a blockbuster deal involving Dejounte and Trae?

If one of Murray or Young gets traded, then it could be that Stephon Castle or Reed Shepherd comes into play as number one pick for Hawks.

I'm actually OK in a rebuild situation if they do decide to trade Trae Young, but they need to get their draft picks back from San Antonio first. Can't trade Young and not be in control of our future draft picks.

This is seriously the most anxious I've been as a Hawks fan. And to be honest,  i'm not entirely comfortable that we have a rookie GM in charge potentially making franchise altering decisions.

Edited by TheBigETrain
  • Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

This is the most important week in the history of franchise.

1. To trade Dejounte or Trae. I think a decision needs to be made by the draft as trading one of them will effect the draft strategy and influence who they may pick.

Yeah, I think having that decision made as to which one you will be keeping going forward would be good but I think there is a really good chance we still have both after the draft even if that decision has been made.

2. Who to pick at number one? It is not a great draft, no clear cut top prospect. If Clingan is their guy, I think the hawks ideally wants to trade down and get another asset, but they probably need to stay in top 4 to assure themselves of Clingan being available to them. Could they bait San Antonio to trade up to number one, exchanging Pick 1 for Pick 4 plus another asset. Could it potentially be a blockbuster deal involving Dejounte and Trae?

I think the odds of us moving both Trae and DJM are low but the odds of them both going in the same trade are astronomically low.  With this draft, I don't think you can be certain that Clingan will still be on the board.  It is easy to envision Houston trading down.

If one of Murray or Young gets traded, then it could be that Stephon Castle or Reed Shepherd comes into play as number one pick for Hawks.

I think both of these guys need to be moved for the Hawks to add Shepherd in anything but a 6th man role.  Castle I at least think can guard 2's even if his offense will likely limit his playing time for us if we were to take him but we would/could still have Bogi, Bufkin, and AJ to potentially take minutes as well.  This just doesn't feel like the biggest need so to me the team would have to think Reed and/or Castle are in a different tier from the other top guys.

I'm actually OK in a rebuild situation if they do decide to trade Trae Young, but they need to get their draft picks back from San Antonio first. Can't trade Young and not be in control of our future draft picks.

I agree with this but I'm not inclined to go down that path because talk about a losing proposition to trade for DJM, make the team worse for a few years, and then trade Trae just to go back into tanking.  Then you are praying for a difference maker in the draft again right after you just got the #1 overall pick.  Ooof.

This is seriously the most anxious I've been as a Hawks fan. And to be honest,  i'm not entirely comfortable that we have a rookie GM in charge potentially making franchise altering decisions.

It is the most consequential offseason in Hawks history, imo.  The decisions that are made are going to have long lasting ramifications and the range of outcomes is huge.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 6/21/2024 at 1:59 AM, Spud2nique said:

T- minus 138 hours… :mellow:

@Spud2niquewhy are you making another thread that is going to have the same stuff rehashed back and forth my friend lol. I can’t keep up with yall!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

@Spud2niquewhy are you making another thread that is going to have the same stuff rehashed back and forth my friend lol. I can’t keep up with yall!

I’m helping some of the gen z’s with ⏰ reading 📖… jk don’t worry it’ll be all over in 24 hours brotha! 🙏🏿 

• Haha 2

Just now, Bonkers said:

If I have to choose 1 player I absolutely don't wanna see on this team, it's Risacher. Absolutely horrendous

Same I stated before I’d weep 😪 

• Like 1