Can Risacher play the 2?

Wurider05

Just now, GameTime said:

Sarr is going to be able to guard more 5's more than Risacher guarding 2s. He may be too slow for most 3s in this modern NBA. He fits more like a 4 in the NBA IMO.

LMAO

Risacher is interchangeable between the 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

This Risacher at one talk has me thinking the Hawks view him as a bigger Klay Thompson. I'm not saying I agree, but this is the only way I could see them taking him at 1. Klay wasn't an Uber athlete either and his wingspan is a half inch shorter than Risacher although at 6-7. Does anyone know how Klay's agility / vertical compares?  If they plan to use him like Klay his lack of shot creation / dribbling becomes less of an issue. I actually think he's a better ball handler than Klay already, but not near as good a shooter. He has upside as a movement shooter like Klay that can be brought off actions and pin downs and dribbles well enough to attack closeouts. Klay's calling card is on ball defense, so is Risacher. My biggest problem with Risacher is his lack of rebounding and passing this is where the comparison falls apart. I despise big wings that don't rebound. Maybe the Hawks think they can develop him here. 

I asked this question awhile back.

On 6/4/2024 at 3:19 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

How would you compare him to someone like Klay Thompson?

A skill set that was about his shooting,off ball movement and defense, but not much else in terms of ball handling and athleticism.

• Like 4

Risacher’s shooting has been high level in flashes.  In the LNB Pro A playoffs, he shot 52% from three on a good volume.  However, he had a three month span during the season where he shot 22%.  

In the FIBA U19 World Cup in 2023, he shot 45% from three on a decent volume.  In the FIBA U17 Euro Championships in 2022, he shot 36%.  

So, the question with him long-term is whether he’s a 45% three-point shooter in the NBA or a 37-38% shooter.  If he’s a 45% shooter from three, then you can make a strong case for him to go first in this draft with his defense.  If he’s more of a 38% shooter from three, it’s less ideal.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Was listening to 92.9 yesterday evening. Probably around 6:30 so I think that’s Dukes and Bell, but they hat Risacher’s hopeful outcome as SGA lolol

What?!?  Struggling to see the resemblance there.  Guess I'm not surprised considering the source.

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like his probable best case is Korver with better D.  That would be tremendous.  I think 2 is the ideal spot for Risacher. 

While he is limited athletically, he is definitely a cut above Korver so I expect his shooting to not compete with Korver's but to see him do some more finishing near the rim, etc.  He has some nice highlights cutting to the rim in a way that was never much of a tool for Korver offensively.  Because he is bigger than Kyle and more athletic, I also think he has more upside for higher volume as a 3pt shooter even if I think it would be unreasonable to expect Risacher to approach Korver's numbers there.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Was listening to 92.9 yesterday evening. Probably around 6:30 so I think that’s Dukes and Bell, but they hat Risacher’s hopeful outcome as SGA lolol

Most of Atlanta Radio doesn't know more than surface level of the Hawks and NBA. Dawgs (bleh), Braves, and some Falcons.

17 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Risacher is an absolute joke lol

At first glance that’s putrid. But his height, reach and agility are all above average to good.  his weight and vertical hurt his overall score significantly. What do you think is more important for a wing?

my biggest concern is can he maintain his current agility and add another 15-20lb?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KB21 said:

Wow that video sorta made me change my mind on someone and it wasn't Risacher.   Although i do like his Hustle and i never thought about him running the 2 for us that makes me much more open to him if he can do it.      But the person it sorta made me rethink is Sarr.  I really didn't like what i saw from him in this video as i pretty much dialed in on only watching him.  What i noticed is where everyone else was hustling down the floor all the time he was literally half jogging on almost every fast break and his entire team would be on the other end but he was no where in the video.   That and i seen alot of guys smaller than him sorta pushing him around down low more than i would like.  I expect that from bigger Centers but not smaller guys than him.     Wow i can't believe im on the fence now of not wanting him after asking for him the entire offseason.   Could be just this 1 video as i haven't noticed a ton in other videos but again those videos were focused on him.   This one was showing what he does when he's not the focal point and it really left a sour taste in my mouth and looked like he gave half effort a ton.

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 2