• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2024 draft thread

Alex

5 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

What is Portland doing?  They have 3 centers and a bunch of guards. 🤣

They are mimicking those stupid teams I created in old NBA games with a bunch of fake tall players that all had a 99 rating at everything. It just won’t work out as well.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Funny to see the same blokes that hate the Hawks still hate the Hawks but just found a different reason. 

I don't hate the Hawks, but I don't like the pick. I'll still hope he turns into something tho. 

This ain't hard.  Even the most diehard Trae Stan can't defend the Hawks not surrounding Trae with a defender in this draft.  The Spurs know what to do.  The kept it simple.  If they can't pry Sarr away from the Hawks (who should've drafted Sarr), then the next best pick for defensive help was Castle.  Today, right now, the Spurs are closer to yet another NBA championship than the Hawks.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't hate the Hawks, but I don't like the pick. I'll still hope he turns into something tho. 

Wasn't talking about you.  Had to make it vague enough to not get in trouble. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

This ain't hard.  Even the most diehard Trae Stan can't defend the Hawks not surrounding Trae with a defender in this draft.  The Spurs know what to do.  The kept it simple.  If they can't pry Sarr away from the Hawks (who should've drafted Sarr), then the next best pick for defensive help was Castle.  Today, right now, the Spurs are closer to yet another NBA championship than the Hawks.

What does this mean? 

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. If we're trading Risacher the most connected trade partner was the Spurs. Hence why I said wait for the Spurs pick. 

On 6/24/2024 at 1:08 PM, djjob23 said:

Why would they trust any draft trade with the Spurs… they own their next 3 firsts… what’s their motivation in making Atlanta a better team? Regardless of if Clingan is there at #4, I highly doubt the Spurs do any trade with them unless the Hawks are getting worse after the deal.

Resslers: Hey Spurs… we messed up… can we trade back Murray since y’all need a playmaking PG? All we ask for are our picks back. *desperate desperate… we are really desperate*

Spurs: Nah… we still want your picks… but tell you what… draft Risacher then… *hehe*… then we’ll talk…

Schlenk: Yeah Hawks… y’all should take Risacher… “Starr” er I mean Sarr isn’t someone we really want anyway… *high fives Wiz owner*

Welp… as predicted… it looks like the Spurs made us draft someone at 1 and now those 3 1sts are looking more valuable than if we drafted Sarr. Anyone who understands perspectives would’ve not trusted the Spurs and would’ve seen this coming from a mile away. Gosh I hope ZR proves me wrong, but this doesn’t look good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

This ain't hard.  Even the most diehard Trae stand can't defend the Hawks not surrounding Trae with a defender in this draft.  The Spurs know what to do.  The kept it simple.  If they can't pry Sarr away from the Hawks (who should've drafted Sarr), then the next best pick for defensive help was Castle.  Today, right now, the Spurs are closer to yet another NBA championship than the Hawks.

Its stan not stand there, @Hawkmoor

But you are right, if I am Trae right now, I be asking why they did this for, and I be asking for a trade right now.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Thanks 1