• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2024 draft thread

Alex

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Carmine said:

Why was Fields pounding the table like they got a steal or traded up for their guy? Dude is goofy

Probaby relief the 18 hour days hes been putting in are over for the time being and its surreal to get the first pick.  But well add this to the list of his flaws.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

I really hope I’m wrong… but ZR looks to have a lower floor and ceiling than Sarr. 

Risacher has a much higher floor and much lower ceiling than Sarr.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Sarr’s ceiling is probably unattainable because of whats btwn his ears.  Figuring that out is what makes for a good GM.  Doesnt surprise me this is Schlenks guy as he took Cam and Hunter who are amazing on paper and underwhelming  (to say the least) on the court.

My goal for this draft was get a high end role player.  This guy is going to make us mich better all around with spacing and switching and being extremely lineup versatile.  I like the pick, cannot wait to see him this year and watch him develop.

I hope you're right, I really do hope that he's more Dan Majerle and less Marvin Williams...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Quick thoughts:

1) We pissed down our leg by not trading down to 2.  Talk about the easiest negotiation in the world.  Even getting nothing would have been better because Risacher would be cheaper but WA would have given up something to ensure they got Sarr.  That is a total dropped ball by Landry.

2)  I’m not in love with Risacher but I don’t hate it either.  We need wings badly so if he works out the pick will be valuable and help the team.  Not sure he has a chance at an All-Star game but I’d love to be wrong about that.

3). Why TF would we be unloading Hunter unless we are getting a big wing back for DJM or Hunter?  We need more wing depth on this team and a 190 pound rooming with underwhelming athletic testing can’t play 48 minutes even if he hits his 100th percentile outcome.  

Man...on point. I've said this on every page. Little goofy was dancing....

IMG_6045.gif

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Probaby relief the 18 hour days hes been putting in are over for the time being and its surreal to get the first pick.  But well add this to the list of his flaws.

Dude should have been playing Texas hold'em and learning how to gamble. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, theheroatl said:

I think you both are wrong. He will have a much higher ceiling.

People will realize being able to shoot and space the floor is quite valuable. Trae will probably have him leading the league in 3PM

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

All that work & effort accumulates into this...

That's a mighty long list fella

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

Dude should have been playing Texas hold'em and learning how to gamble. 

At least some spades to learn how to bluff an opponent into going for more books than they can get...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Miami or Philly going to get Knecht. SMH if only Sac lost that last game 😭

Eh, he'll be fine.  Another Danny Green or Strus.  No need to lose sleep. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

People will realize being able to shoot and space the floor is quite valuable. Trae will probably have him leading the league in 3PM

He'll be an easy target for Jalen as a cutter and Trae as a corner threat. Off of talent alone he's the best offball wing Trae will have played with. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dejay said:

At least some spades to learn how to bluff an opponent into going for more books than they can get...

Landry out there with the first bid like, "I think I got 7 and a possible."  But only had like 2 spades.  How, Landry? 

• Haha 3