• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2024 draft thread

Alex

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I know you'll support him regardless and it's probably not worth debating but when we talk about his shooting numbers before last year, we're judging a dude when he was still taking high school classes.  His shooting is insane for a guy that just turned 19.

image.png

Sheppard’s shooting was insane.  Risacher’s 3pt shooting was good last year.  His ft% was middling.  3pt% varies a lot more season to season.  I hope he didn’t ride a hot streak to the 1 pick that he can’t replicate.  I’ll be happy if he is really a 40%+ shooter.  But I’m not sold yet.  I do see potential there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Funny how posters think Zach Risacher will be a starter on anything but a rebuilding team but we shall see this dude very soon in Summer league.  Get your crow plates ready!

No one in this draft was going to be a starter on anything but a rebuilding team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Sheppard’s shooting was insane.  Risacher’s 3pt shooting was good last year.  His ft% was middling.  3pt% varies a lot more season to season.  I hope he didn’t ride a hot streak to the 1 pick that he can’t replicate.  I’ll be happy if he is really a 40%+ shooter.  But I’m not sold yet.  I do see potential there.

Been rumblings that he changed his shot mechanics and after that became more consistent at a higher %. That's what B Rowland said on his pod the other day.  I agree that he needs to be a plus shooter and plus defender fir the pick to really have value. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

What’s disappointing to me isn’t just the pick, it’s that that’s all we got with the number one pick. I was hoping for what @Sothron laid out recently, that we would walk away with either 

1. Sarr (if Wiz didn’t trade for him)

2. Risacher or Clingan + the 26 pick (if Wiz did trade for Sarr)

or

3. Clingan, 26, plus picks from Spurs. 

What happened to that plan? 

26 isn’t a lot, but it’s still better than just Risacher and that’s it. Especially in a year we don’t have a second round pick. 

Thats what I said yesterday.  Drafting either Clingan OR Risacher straight up at number 1 was the worst I felt the Hawks could do.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Crazy that Knecht is about to go to a playoff level team. Lakers will pass him over as well.

Come on Landry. Pull off a trade and go get him!

I just posted that Knecht with Castle would've been good if the Hawks could've pulled that off.