• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2024 draft thread

Alex

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:
1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

Just watched Zac's "highlight" package. Woof!

Nothing impressive. Barely a decent athlete.

He graded out as a terrible athlete in the measurable

I don't know. I'll be upfront in saying that my reaction is strictly based on my viewing of his highlight package. Which, hey.... Does a highlight package decide how good a player will be? Of course not. You don't have to be a great athlete to be a really good player. We'll see I guess.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

What’s disappointing to me isn’t just the pick, it’s that that’s all we got with the number one pick. I was hoping for what @Sothron laid out recently, that we would walk away with either 

1. Sarr (if Wiz didn’t trade for him)

2. Risacher or Clingan + the 26 pick (if Wiz did trade for Sarr)

or

3. Clingan, 26, plus picks from Spurs. 

What happened to that plan? 

26 isn’t a lot, but it’s still better than just Risacher and that’s it. Especially in a year we don’t have a second round pick. 

From one source...it takes two to tango. 

We tried to leverage but as @thecampsterhas said most teams didn't have a lot of separation between prospects. If we took Sarr the Wiz just take Risacher 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

What’s disappointing to me isn’t just the pick, it’s that that’s all we got with the number one pick. I was hoping for what @Sothron laid out recently, that we would walk away with either 

1. Sarr (if Wiz didn’t trade for him)

2. Risacher or Clingan + the 26 pick (if Wiz did trade for Sarr)

or

3. Clingan, 26, plus picks from Spurs. 

What happened to that plan? 

26 isn’t a lot, but it’s still better than just Risacher and that’s it. Especially in a year we don’t have a second round pick. 

A deal like this require ALL parties to agree without tipping their hand. What if Wiz didn't want to part with #26. What if Spurs weren't willing to include 8 which they traded for a future unprotected pick and a swap?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

Buzelis too… he has great potential in Chicago… 👀

Had we just been drafting at 10 we probably grab Buzelis.  We got nothing by moving up to 1.  Hard to believe. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

From one source...it takes two to tango. 

We tried to leverage but as @thecampsterhas said most teams didn't have a lot of separation between prospects. If we took Sarr the Wiz just take Risacher 

Especially after dealing Deni 15 minutes earlier

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Sarr’s ceiling is probably unattainable because of whats btwn his ears.  Figuring that out is what makes for a good GM.  Doesnt surprise me this is Schlenks guy as he took Cam and Hunter who are amazing on paper and underwhelming  (to say the least) on the court.

My goal for this draft was get a high end role player.  This guy is going to make us mich better all around with spacing and switching and being extremely lineup versatile.  I like the pick, cannot wait to see him this year and watch him develop.

I missed the 1st part of the draft, my wife text that she loved that French guys attitude(Risacher), and that the  other one(Sarr) seemed like a conceited ass... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The real nightmare for the Hawks would be if Knecht turns out to be a better player than Risacher.

He’s going to LA, the same place that thinks Reeves was part of a big 3 with Bron and AD. If he so much as plays solid, we are going to hear about him being the best thing to ever happen.

Just wait for it.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks had Reed #2 on their board? Interesting

I reported that they were between Reed and Risacher. I was very close to having my favorite guy in the draft. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheBigETrain said:

Trade up and get Furphy

We dont have no second round picks and getting some means you have to spend money and this organization is not going to do that.

• Premium Member
Just now, NekiEcko said:

We dont have no second round picks and getting some means you have to spend money and this organization is not going to do that.

Ressler just made $11.9 mil from the LT paying teams, he can afford some 2nds, 😆 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

I missed the 1st part of the draft, my wife text that she loved that French guys attitude(Risacher), and that the  other one(Sarr) seemed like a conceited ass... lol

Your wife knows whats up lol