• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2024 draft thread

Alex

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Furphy would be genuinely intriguing if he somehow fell to us.

After watching all of the "dudes" go at the start of the 2nd round, I'd be kinda concerned if he lasted until 44 lol

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

Moving the draft to 2 days with the 2nd being in the ESPN studios was so bad. 

This is terrible TV lol. 

Especially for a 4PM time slot on a Thursday. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Moving the draft to 2 days with the 2nd being in the ESPN studios was so bad. 

This is terrible TV lol. 

It's extra sad because that's a REALLY nice area where they could have put up a stage outside on the waterfront.  Instead they threw em in a spare office with the smell of that fresh coat of paint they just threw on the sidewall.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, MaceCase said:

It's extra sad because that's a REALLY nice area where they could have put up a stage outside on the waterfront.  Instead they threw em in a spare office with the smell of that fresh coat of paint they just threw on the sidewall.

They have ONE person on that desk that could even come close to calling themselves an analyst. It's just so bad all around lol. 

Granted, Givony is hanging out somewhere too? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Afro said:

They have ONE person on that desk that could even come close to calling themselves an analyst. It's just so bad all around lol. 

Granted, Givony is hanging out somewhere too? 

you gotta watch on mute.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I’m a firm believer in bigs who can pass — that trait tends to indicate outsized feel that can worm itself into other facets of the game — and Ighodaro is the best passing big in the draft. He is very comfortable operating from the elbows and hitting cutters or operating dribble handoffs, and his size and leaping ability should make him at least a decent rim runner on the tail end of those actions. Ighodaro can also handle the ball well enough that Marquette occasionally ran inverted pick-and-rolls for him. While he’s not an outside shooting threat, he does have a nice floater game he can get to when the rim is blocked off.

Gone to the Suns via Portland

Would say the 3 guys i like at our spot coming up would be christie, edwards, or Chomche.    Would be a nice grab at 44 for either of those 3 guys honestly.  Although i think Chomche would be my preferred choice he is super raw but does have legit upside with the right coaching. 

Welp nvm took a guy i have no clue who he is and haven't scouted him yet lol.  Doesn't mean he's not a good prospect just one i haven't had the chance to look at yet.  Will have to do some research on him see what he's all about.

Edited by Threezus

I know it’s the second round and we just got the pick today, but I honestly don’t know if half of the forum knows the second round is happening right now lol. People will complain about anything, where is everyone?!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Analysis

Djurisic stands at 6-foot-8 and has excellent positional size, as his shooting touch and overall instincts resemble those of a shooting guard rather than those of a small forward. He’s an effective passer and can score at all three levels, often using his dribbling ability to create for himself but also showing vision to create for others. Djurisic had an excellent showing in the 2024 NBA Draft Combine, which certainly boosted his draft stock. Djurisic has top-notch shooting mechanics, and his size allows him to easily shoot over defenders, particularly when deployed in the backcourt. He needs to improve his decision-making and passing ability, but he’s shown promise there and could be a serviceable playmaker at the NBA level. One area where Djurisic needs improvement is on defense: he lacks lateral quickness to defend on the perimeter but he compensates for that with effort and above-average size.

Projection

Due to his professional experience and above-average shooting ability, Djurisic is considered a potential first-round pick in the 2024 NBA Draft. He might need to refine some aspects of his game and adjust to the NBA’s physicality and work on his defensive instincts. Still, he has all the tools and fundamentals, particularly on offense, to eventually carve a role as a regular rotation in the NBA. He can knock down shots and stretch the floor as a second-unit scoring weapon or a regular starter in a best-case scenario.

• Thanks 4