Official 2024 draft thread

Alex

9 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Those of us suckered into following this happen live. I swear the second round reminds me of trading baseball cards when I was a little kid and then having somebody try to report what is going on.

Ohhh gotcha. ESPN just sucks. It all makes sense now lol

Edited by ShooterSays

• Premium Member

:laugh1:

"54th pick. We renew the Cold War between the Celtics and the Lakers. The Boston Celtics take Bronnie James and send a ransom note to the Lakers: 'We have your son. We have your son. If you want him back...If you want him back, it's gonna take Austin Reeves'"- Tim Legler

• Haha 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Our owner gave them cash so we could move up 1 spot and they would move down 1 spot in return. What's all the confusion about lol

Why we didn't do this in a position where consideration was MUCH more warranted for the switch.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Why we didn't do this in a position where consideration was MUCH more warranted for the switch.

They wanted this pick because he has a great chance of keeping his euro contract with Mega Basket and Hawks just use the rights.

They never intended to bring him over. It's a way of converting AJ into thin air plus the cash needed to swap.

Why the 43rd pick? Because this guy has a better chance of getting a euro contract and they won't feel bad when they just keep his rights only.. ALA Alpha Kaba.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Ohhh gotcha. ESPN just sucks. It all makes sense now lol

Speaking of ESPN, their main headline and “breaking news” at that, is Bronny to the Lakers.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

They wanted this pick because he has a great chance of keeping his euro contract with Mega Basket and Hawks just use the rights.

They never intended to bring him over. It's a way of converting AJ into thin air plus the cash needed to swap.

Why the 43rd pick? Because this guy has a better chance of getting a euro contract and they won't feel bad when they just keep his rights only.. ALA Alpha Kaba.

What does this accomplish that taking him at 44 doesn't?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Here we go again...Can't get enough of those wings

giphy.webp

There is a difference between garbage wings and good wings.  We had lots of garbage wings last year.  Our roster right now has the following quality wings:

Bogi

Risacher

Hunter

I'll also throw an asterisk by Bufkin in the event that he can matchup with some SGs defensively (unlike DJM who is a PG and not a wing).  I do not count Mathews, Matthews, Landry, DJM, or Bufkin as quality wings.

We don't actually have much depth there even after taking Risacher.  (PF also remains shallow).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

What does this accomplish that taking him at 44 doesn't?

I’m thinking they targeted him as someone that stands out as not needing to make his NBA debut this year and they didn’t feel like there were enough options after that.

then again they could be in love with his game and ready to get him over here

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is a difference between garbage wings and good wings.  We had lots of garbage wings last year.  Our roster right now has the following quality wings:

Bogi

Risacher

Hunter

I'll also throw an asterisk by Bufkin in the event that he can matchup with some SGs defensively (unlike DJM who is a PG and not a wing).  I do not count Mathews, Matthews, Landry, DJM, or Bufkin as quality wings.

We don't actually have much depth there even after taking Risacher.  (PF also remains shallow).

We have no centers so that should have been a priority

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Sorry to hear, kb.  Glad your son is doing better.

A little background on him.  My wife and I adopted him in 2020 as a newborn.  He was born with a genetic disorder called Trisomy 13.   It’s also known as Patau Syndrome.  Don’t google it because it will scare the shit out of you.  He will be four next month.  He’s already beaten the odds for most kids with this disorder.  Part of this disorder is seizures.  He has baseline seizures that last around 10-20 seconds that don’t cause any issues.  Sometimes though, he will have clusters of them with some being more prolonged.  He will stop breathing with some but the breathing spontaneously returns.  We have O2 at home for when that happens.  The one he had yesterday though lasted around 10 minutes.  I had to give him his rescue medicine to get it to stop.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 9