• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2024 draft thread

Alex

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OK.  I’m back from the hospital.  My son had a prolonged seizure yesterday and we ended up with an overnight stay at the hospital for observation.  He’s home now and doing well.  

Lost the bet because Memphis is stupid and decided to panic reach when they couldn’t get Clingan.  I honor my bets though even though my scouting on Edey is 100% correct and it took a team run by fucktards to take him for me to lose that bet.  

Risacher is a great fit for the team even if I’m lukewarm on the talent.  You can get a glimpse for what Quin wants by looking at our last two drafts.  I love the Djurisic pick.  

Sorry to hear.  Also sorry for my cavalier comment earlier.

29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

A little background on him.  My wife and I adopted him in 2020 as a newborn.  He was born with a genetic disorder called Trisomy 13.   It’s also known as Patau Syndrome.  Don’t google it because it will scare the shit out of you.  He will be four next month.  He’s already beaten the odds for most kids with this disorder.  Part of this disorder is seizures.  He has baseline seizures that last around 10-20 seconds that don’t cause any issues.  Sometimes though, he will have clusters of them with some being more prolonged.  He will stop breathing with some but the breathing spontaneously returns.  We have O2 at home for when that happens.  The one he had yesterday though lasted around 10 minutes.  I had to give him his rescue medicine to get it to stop.  

I am impressed he is doing so well having Patau syndrome.

edit:  Patau*

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OK.  I’m back from the hospital.  My son had a prolonged seizure yesterday and we ended up with an overnight stay at the hospital for observation.  He’s home now and doing well.  

Lost the bet because Memphis is stupid and decided to panic reach when they couldn’t get Clingan.  I honor my bets though even though my scouting on Edey is 100% correct and it took a team run by fucktards to take him for me to lose that bet.  

Risacher is a great fit for the team even if I’m lukewarm on the talent.  You can get a glimpse for what Quin wants by looking at our last two drafts.  I love the Djurisic pick.  

Hope all is well with your son @KB21.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Prayers for your son.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

A little background on him.  My wife and I adopted him in 2020 as a newborn.  He was born with a genetic disorder called Trisomy 13.   It’s also known as Patau Syndrome.  Don’t google it because it will scare the shit out of you.

We can get into silly arguments on here about players etc....but then you see somthing like this, it reminds us of the things that truly matters! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Thanks.  I think he likes the one on one attention he gets in the PICU.  It’s like he’s happy to be there, and then a day or two in, he’s ready to come home. 

Well maybe the hawks can bring him some joy with their off season moves

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Glad your son seems to be okay.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Glad your son is doing better 🙏❤️.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Prayers and hope he recovers quickly

• Like 4

• Moderators

You and your wife are doing good work in the best sense of that, KB.  He is lucky to have someone who understands his condition and cares enough to care for him and support him like you.  I’ll join with everyone else send you positive prayers and best hopes for management of his condition and finding joy in his life.