• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Zaccharie Risacher!

NBASupes

Zacc is the type of player that makes your team on the floor drastically more BBIQ. He is the type of "moving without the ball, spacing, shooting" type of player that we wanted all along in Dre. 

I think he will bring just that... Spacing, BBIQ, drives, catch and shoot 3's, PNR, secondary ball handling (needs work), and defensive versatility. 

If this is what the Hawks need, he will provide it. He isn't a primary scorer unless it's a dire situation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Zacc is the type of player that makes your team on the floor drastically more BBIQ. He is the type of "moving without the ball, spacing, shooting" type of player that we wanted all along in Dre. 

I think he will bring just that... Spacing, BBIQ, drives, catch and shoot 3's, PNR, secondary ball handling (needs work), and defensive versatility. 

If this is what the Hawks need, he will provide it. He isn't a primary scorer unless it's a dire situation.

Maybe he'll be the Michael Jordan of the Golden State-era Andre Iguodala's. 🙂 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, AHF said:

I would not be throwing in the towel at all had we drafted Sarr.  We didn’t so I’m done with him and focusing my energy on Risacher.  Hoping he will stand as the brightest star of this class at the end of the day and will immediately fill an important rotation role for a team I expect to be trying to compete to exceed the play-in this season.

I’m not throwing the towel on Sarr, but I’m curious if someone thinks Risacher is a compromise what else would you have done?  
Also, curious to hear from anyone who still thinks we made a huge mistake not drafting Sarr.  Is there one person still in that camp? 
But Sarr could be playable and have an NBA career.  Worthy of #1 pick?  Not sure where he should go, maybe 12-15 range in this draft.  

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I’m not throwing the towel on Sarr, but I’m curious if someone thinks Risacher is a compromise what else would you have done?  
Also, curious to hear from anyone who still thinks we made a huge mistake not drafting Sarr.  Is there one person still in that camp? 
But Sarr could be playable and have an NBA career.  Worthy of #1 pick?  Not sure where he should go, maybe 12-15 range in this draft.  

Lmao. I'm in no way thinking he's a franchise player. But the people thinking he's close to being what he could be is laughable. I have no idea. All I know is these YMCA games are doing him no justice. If he fancies himself a perimeter finesse player over 7'0...good luck. Sheppard was a pick many pivoted to from Sarr and with Trae here he'd have never been a Hawk.

I can't say the Hawks made a mistake, but I will say they've wet the bed if they haven't moved one of Capela or Hunter.  If you tell me the team is a deep playoff team with Daniels and Risacher the big moves, I'll be alone on the island and say..hell to the nah!

IMG_4971.gif

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

You know I would have worked the Wizards and traded down to pick up an asset at a minimum.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/20/2024 at 4:35 AM, benhillboy said:

I’m reserving judgement/ comps until he fills out, which could take a couple years.  None of those players were anywhere close to #1 pick prospects yet Ariza and (Suns) Bridges are still lofty defensive projections. The things that will most affect his impact (being able to absorb shoulders from drivers, rebounding in traffic, and attacking the rim) definitely won’t materialize until then.

He doesn’t seem to have an edge or notable intensity to his makeup, something I wouldn’t compromise with a #1 pick.  Especially coming to a team that sorely needs better intangibles, motors, and energy sources.

I was just remembering Rashard Lewis.  They are similar in size and play the 3.   (also just noticed his nickname was Sweet Lew which i don't remember but might be divisive).  

12 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I was just remembering Rashard Lewis.  They are similar in size and play the 3.   (also just noticed his nickname was Sweet Lew which i don't remember but might be divisive).  

Same about Sweet Lew, I heard that as well and was trying to remember that ever being a thing.

Rashard Lewis is a tough comp for me. Not many players can fit his profile. I almost feel like Lewis is who Sarr is trying to model himself after. The handles at his height and ability to stroke it (pause) are very very rare. Maybe if ZR gets a little stronger. Right now he has that Ginobali build but in a 6’9 body. 

30 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Same about Sweet Lew, I heard that as well and was trying to remember that ever being a thing.

Rashard Lewis is a tough comp for me. Not many players can fit his profile. I almost feel like Lewis is who Sarr is trying to model himself after. The handles at his height and ability to stroke it (pause) are very very rare. Maybe if ZR gets a little stronger. Right now he has that Ginobali build but in a 6’9 body. 

I thought the same re: Ginobili.  

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

Great video on Zacc.  Explains why the Hawks took him. Starts around 13:40.  Has some comments from Pop too on how great he is.

He really is a good kid from a good family. I enjoyed seeing his relationship with his sister. Reminds me of Trae and his brother. I can appreciate his make up as a person, which gives me faith in him doing well in life, not just on the court. Great stuff.

• Like 4

I would take Shane Battier with more offense all day!! Battier impacted winning. He did all the small stuff that doesn't show up in the box score. The Heatles didn't become Champions until Battier joined the team. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Uuus said:

I would take Shane Battier with more offense all day!! Battier impacted winning. He did all the small stuff that doesn't show up in the box score. The Heatles didn't become Champions until Battier joined the team. 

I don’t know how much I would pin on Battier’s 4.8 and 2.4 production in Miami given they only played one season without him and made the NBA finals but I agree having a strong wing defender is quite important as we saw with Thabo.  If we get that level of defense with connector passing and an eventual 20 PPG on plus shooting efficiency that would be a great outcome for Risacher.  Might be somewhat akin to prime Khris Middleton at that point and he was an All-Star in his prime.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Start, Bench or G-League? Predictions for Every 2024 First-Round Pick

No. 1 Pick: Zaccharie Risacher, Atlanta Hawks

1 OF 30

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - JULY 16: Zaccharie Risacher #10 of the Atlanta Hawks poses for a portrait during the 2024 NBA Rookie Photo Shoot at UNLV on July 16, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada.  (Photo by Monica Schipper/Getty Images)
Monica Schipper/Getty Images

Role: Starter

Usage type: Spot-up scorer

It's reasonable to expect the Atlanta Hawks will start the player they just took No. 1 overall.

Trading Dejoute Murray for 21-year-old Dyson Daniels and draft picks also suggests there isn't as much pressure to win now as it once seemed. The Hawks figure to give Zaccharie Risacher a longer runway to play through mistakes and develop. But he's also coming off an efficient year starting in LNB Pro A, and his athleticism, shotmaking and defensive tools suggest he should already be ready for a three-and-D role in Atlanta.

It does seem like Risacher is in a good spot, where he can rely on Trae Young and Jalen Johnson for creation, playmaking and gravity. The 19-year-old figures to spend most of his time scoring in transition and spotting up, similar to what he did with JL Bourg.

Improving his handle and self-creation will be longer-term goals. In the meantime, Risacher will make the biggest impact as a rookie with his athleticism on the open floor, capitalizing on space, shooting and perimeter shot contesting.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10128758-start-bench-or-g-league-predictions-for-every-2024-first-round-pick

If he's starting, I'm starting him at SG. Between Trae and Hunter. 
Zacc guards the lighter wings
Hunter guards the bigger wings.
They can also be switchable.

• Like 3