• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Zaccharie Risacher!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm more excited about how he fits with the other key players on this team.  The fit is impressive.  

I really like his length, tough to appreciate it on those low quality highlights from the french league, it really came through his first game. Even when he is forced out of position or late to a rotation he has the length to bother shooters. That's very valuable in the NBA today. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Fit is really important.  It is what I have liked best about him since day 1.  A big wing who can defend and shoot 3's is a great baseline but the movement and quick decision-making he has flashed is really exciting for fit with this squad.  He could end up being the ideal wing companion we've been hoping for since the wingstop draft.

Also Dyson Daniels and JJ looked really, really good. Not to hate on Hunter, but he IS probably our most valueable trade asset so if he can become expendable it gives us flexibility. JJ is looking like a potential max guy if he keeps developing. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Then you add in Dyson Daniels and his fit with Risacher...and Johnson...and Young...etc.  This is why I was saying that I really like what Landry's vision on building this team was during the offseason when the trade for Daniels was getting panned and some were upset at the drafting of Risacher.  

Let's not be too quick to pat Landry on the back when it was he who traded a king's ransom for DJM and that was a massive bust of a move. Probably could have traded a Kevin Huerter type straight up for Dyson. Instead Dyson and Nance cost us three first round picks. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Let's not be too quick to pat Landry on the back when it was he who traded a king's ransom for DJM and that was a massive bust of a move. Probably could have traded a Kevin Huerter type straight up for Dyson. Instead Dyson and Nance cost us three first round picks. 

You have to include the 2 first we also got back along with Dys and Nance.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Then you add in Dyson Daniels and his fit with Risacher...and Johnson...and Young...etc.  This is why I was saying that I really like what Landry's vision on building this team was during the offseason when the trade for Daniels was getting panned and some were upset at the drafting of Risacher.  

Same, I wanted Risacher at 1 after watching all the top prospects.  His instincts and feel were too good and he has the height to make things easier for himself already-- he's going to be very good.

It's great to finally see this team on the court together because how everyone has been acting around here this offseason, you would think Landry is running it back with the same squad.  He's made the best moves possible at just about every step, given the starting point of this roster and cap situation when he took over.  I continue to be high on his vision and the long term outlook for the team

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 10/9/2024 at 7:59 AM, theheroatl said:

As you guys know I’ve been high on Zacc from the beginning…

one thing that becomes obvious is he doesn’t need mental prep or anything.. he is a go with the flow player and has that instinct similar to Wemby. 

In a nutshell, he seems relaxed almost all the time which is great to see.. it seems that every step in his nba journey is a natural one and one where he doesn’t put extra pressure on himself.

image.png

image.png

@JTB, @h4wkfan, where was all this Risacher support 2 months ago?!?

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You have to include the 2 first we also got back along with Dys and Nance.

One of which will be a very good pick because the Lakers will not make the playoffs this year.  

• Like 3

When they voted on which player would become rookie of the year, Zacc Risacher got -0- votes.

When the Hawks selected Zacc Risacher, many Hawks fans ask "Why?"  

After one pre-season game, most of us are now on the Zacc wagon!

So much criticism about our loss of our own draft picks.  Yet, we now have replaced them with other draft picks.  Another thing, current Hawk roster has many very young players.  Do we need a lot more?

On that winning shot in our first game, anyone know who tipped the ball out of the missed free throw?

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I was on for Sarr having the highest ceiling from this class (even though he obviously wasn't and isn't going to be the best player this season).  But once someone becomes an Atlanta Hawk then I'm riding with them.  Of course you are going to see a lot of the fan base supporting a guy wearing a Hawks jersey!  I'd be supporting Sheppard if we drafted him, etc. 

I'm firmly hoping Sarr ends up a huge bust and that Risacher ends up as league MVP at this point.  He is one of the Hawks family and the better he becomes the better it is for the Atlanta Hawks.

Of course, let us have a moment to soak in the praise our guy is getting.  Even if he hasn't played in a real game yet, it feels great seeing everyone appreciate the things we saw in him before he was drafted.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Of course, let us have a moment to soak in the praise our guy is getting.  Even if he hasn't played in a real game yet, it feels great seeing everyone appreciate the things we saw in him before he was drafted.

Howdy Partners! — King Community

I hope he turns out to be everything you saw for him and more!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1