• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Zaccharie Risacher!

NBASupes

5 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Trae is not going to be around here long if we don't get this right. This pick is so underwhelming.  Still left with no size, rim protection, physicality,  and rebounding.  I was hoping we would get size in the draft and use Capela, Bogi  and Hunter for a wing like Ingram and draft picks.

Waiting to see the Hawks vision . Are we rebuilding?  Then say goodbye to Trae. What a year to win the lottery.  Will the Hawks ever get out of their own way. Hopefully in this lifetime.  I'm losing hope. 

Where is he gonna go? Most teams think he should be paid less than Murray right now and he thinks he's a max player. Only in Atlanta due to his ability to impact ticket sales is this accurate. To everywhere else, his contract is one of the worst on our team if not the worst. 

• Like 2

I've slept on it and gotten all my negativity out. All aboard the Risa train. Let's get on with building out the roster. 

The one thing I'll say is this... 

I think part of the misgivings on Risacher is a lack of trust in the Hawks FO. Think about this. The Spurs were legit considering trading 4 to 1 to take Risacher and we get Clingan. No one would have questioned them because everyone believes in the Spurs FO.  

The Spurs wanted the player we drafted. That should be enough to convince some of you to - at the very least - give the guy a chance to prove himself in the ATL. 

It's should also be enough to start to change the perception of the Hawks FO. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Where is he gonna go? Most teams think he should be paid less than Murray right now and he thinks he's a max player. Only in Atlanta due to his ability to impact ticket sales is this accurate. To everywhere else, his contract is one of the worst on our team if not the worst. 

There are teams that will take him bad contract and all. We won't get the return we want but he can be traded.

49 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't believe for a second that most GMs think that Trae should be paid less than $25.5M this year.  FVV is getting $41M but Trae should get less than $25.5M?  Naw.  

That's a horrendous contract and if they tried to move him, they would have to send assets

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Curry refused to workout for GS, preferred to play for the Knicks.

This is just one instance and certainly not the only one. 

Your thoughts? 

Golden State was a bad organization at the time too. Difference being they had the guts to draft Curry anyway. This doesn't happen to good organizations. I have no defense for this organization. Do you?

• Premium Member

image.png

image.png

Shades of: Michael Porter Jr.

PLUSES

• Rapidly developing into a knockdown shooter. This season he’s making over 47.1 percent of 3s. Is this an outlier year or a sign of development? Over competitions from 2022 to 2023, he made 34.3 percent of 3s and 65.2 percent of free throws. He certainly looks the part with a diverse shooting skill set: backpedaling into 3s, getting his feet set off screens, or sprinting to the wing in transition.
  • Solid ball handler for his size, capable of bringing the ball up the floor off of defensive rebounds and steals. In the half court, he’s more of a slasher who can attack closeouts. He rarely ever gets chances to generate offense for himself.
  • Quick decision-maker as a passer. If his handle continues to develop, he could provide great value with his facilitation, but at a baseline he could serve as a connective piece.
  • Long-armed defender with the tools to be a valuable asset since he moves laterally like a wing. He’s also an aware help defender with a knack for altering shots.

MINUSES

• Struggles to score at the rim in the half court, making only 37.9 percent of those attempts in 2022 and 2023 competitions. This season, he’s making only 51.3 percent. He just doesn’t get a ton of lift at the basket, and he lacks burst off the dribble.
  • As noted above, he’ll need to prove his improved shooting numbers are for real. He’s still making only 72.6 percent of his free throws.
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Golden State was a bad organization at the time too. Difference being they had the guts to draft Curry anyway. This doesn't happen to good organizations. I have no defense for this organization. Do you?

There's no excuse for this organization.  I just don't think the Sarr business is a big deal.  Well, I think it'll come to say more about him than about us. 

• Like 1

All of you that wanted Sarr...

I started to have some serious doubts about what's going on upstairs... on the court I mean. I think there could be some real lackluster development from him. 

I could definitely see him being confused many times on the court what he needs to do on the offensive end.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1