• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Zaccharie Risacher!

NBASupes

As bad as I hate to admit it, the Hawks' GM and all his assistants are smarter than me concerning the Atlanta Hawks.  Add to this fact, their living depends on how well the team preforms.  This doesn't affect me at all.

We had all read that this player had worked out for the Hawks, and they came away very impressed with this player.  Sarr preferred not to work out for us.  

Who am I to question this organization?  They seem to know things that I don't.  I believe moves will be made before season's onset.  If not, remember last summer's three draft picks that should be available along with this pick.  Hawks already look better!

:smug:

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That's a horrendous contract and if they tried to move him, they would have to send assets

There are 56 players making more than you think Trae should make next season.  Come on Supes.  Be at least a little realistic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Yea Sarr letting his handlers dictate that crap was unprofessional and should look bad on him and not us

It looks bad on both sides.  For a team to have the #1 pick and to have a potential top of the draft talent pass on working out for them naturally begs the question of what is so wrong with that team that this player doesn't want to work out for them.  At the same time, it screams prima donna energy for the player.  But the same could be said of Jayson Tatum not wanting to be picked by the Celtics and nobody cares about that anymore.  It is a much bigger deal to say you won't play for a team like Steve Francis with the Grizzlies.

• Like 1

Just now, swanlee said:

Yea Sarr letting his handlers dictate that crap was unprofessional and should look bad on him and not us

We caught an organizational stray, but him/them angling to get to Washington on purpose says a lot about them and none of its good.

First, Lossington hasn't won 50 games since the 70's (look it up).  And they don't figure to be a playoff team in the near future.  List 20 teams based on promise for the future and their name won't come up once.  There is no culture of development there, so it's not like they were chasing that.

This was a pure stat-chase because they know the cupboards are so bare that they'll have no choice but to feed him minutes and touches.  Which, because the media largely lays no actual attention, will garner him roty, allrookie, rookie/sophomore game looks, etc.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Castle fell in the Hawks lap. Anytime you see Landry beating the desk on excitement, now with Ressler and Jr in the room, it's a failed draft pick. Remember this post.

Spurs just keep fleecing the Hawks F.O.

this is my sentiment. Once I saw them banging the table I knew they were disappointing me. It meant they had no further work to do, so I knew at that moment no trade was happening. They were just making a safe selection and calling it a day. 

• Like 1

ZR won’t be a star nor will anyone in this class.

I am doubtful ZR becomes an All Star.

I am also dubious that because of minutes availability if ZR would be in ROY consideration vs other rooks with larger roles on bad teams.

That being said. I do think that ZR has a role with us out of the gate. I do think he can be a contributor sooner than later. I still see his impact for us very much like Childress, who was essentially an energy wing with team defensive skill who could help us push the pace in transition and make an impact without the ball. Skinny strong, with ZR being a better shooter.

I think any hope or expectations of anything more than a high level role player will be met with utter disappointment. This was not a swing for the fences pick. ZR does not have the on ball skills that elevate a prospect to stardom, and he won’t have much opportunity to develop that next to a Trae Young type player.

I think his presence puts in to question some of the other moves we were linked to with wing players coming back. We already hesitate to pull the trigger on trades, and it will likely get worse now that there isn’t a glaring hole on our roster, despite our roster not nearly being good enough to compete.

I think we need leadership to verbally express to the fanbase the direction we are committing to other than Hawks DNA.

It would seem that we are leaning more into faster pace and shooting. I don’t know if we have the answer at center on the roster for what Quin wants on both ends of the floor.

I don’t see a path to improvement from within or post draft. I am waiting for the other dominos to fall, but not holding my breath like we all did last offseason.

That’s pretty much where I am with everything.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread:

After sleeping on it, I just hope Zaccarie shuts me all the way up

If he turns out to be great, I will gladly eat crow!!!

Upon sleeping on it and waking up to it, I'd just rather keep drinking, but I'd rather not pickle my liver.  HOWEVAH....I hope he shuts me up too.  As such, this organization better get the pieces going forward right.  I have a feeling if not, sooner rather than later, Trae is gonna want out for better or worse.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, AHF said:

There are 56 players making more than you think Trae should make next season.  Come on Supes.  Be at least a little realistic.

I am not the issue. Trae contract is. If teams are telling you Murray has clearly more value to them than Trae, idk what else to say. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

ZR won’t be a star nor will anyone in this class.

I am doubtful ZR becomes an All Star.

I am also dubious that because of minutes availability if ZR would be in ROY consideration vs other rooks with larger roles on bad teams.

That being said. I do think that ZR has a role with us out of the gate. I do think he can be a contributor sooner than later. I still see his impact for us very much like Childress, who was essentially an energy wing with team defensive skill who could help us push the pace in transition and make an impact without the ball. Skinny strong, with ZR being a better shooter.

I think any hope or expectations of anything more than a high level role player will be met with utter disappointment. This was not a swing for the fences pick. ZR does not have the on ball skills that elevate a prospect to stardom, and he won’t have much opportunity to develop that next to a Trae Young type player.

I think his presence puts in to question some of the other moves we were linked to with wing players coming back. We already hesitate to pull the trigger on trades, and it will likely get worse now that there isn’t a glaring hole on our roster, despite our roster not nearly being good enough to compete.

I think we need leadership to verbally express to the fanbase the direction we are committing to other than Hawks DNA.

It would seem that we are leaning more into faster pace and shooting. I don’t know if we have the answer at center on the roster for what Quin wants on both ends of the floor.

I don’t see a path to improvement from within or post draft. I am waiting for the other dominos to fall, but not holding my breath like we all did last offseason.

That’s pretty much where I am with everything.

I'm really thinking that with all the negativity this might be one of the best picks we've ever made.

A take like this screams "I HAVEN'T WATCHED HIS TAPE BEYOND THE 2023-2024 HIGHLIGHTS".

Do me a favor and watch this in entirety before posting about ZR again:

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I'm really thinking that with all the negativity this might be one of the best picks we've ever made.

A take like this screams "I HAVEN'T WATCHED HIS TAPE BEYOND THE 2023-2024 HIGHLIGHTS".

Do me a favor and watch this in entirety before posting about ZR again:

I like the decisive movements.  He shoots or drives quickly.  His body movement is very fluid.  I like it… I think Trae and JJ will enjoy running the floor with him.

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not the issue. Trae contract is. If teams are telling you Murray has clearly more value to them than Trae, idk what else to say. 

Sorry.  Not buying it.  The idea that teams think Trae should earn less than $25M next year is silly to me.  Not saying no one has expressed this to you but I don't believe it for a second.

In terms of how much value DJM has to other teams, I'll believe that when I see our trade return.  Talk is cheap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1