Welcome to Atlanta, Zaccharie Risacher!

NBASupes

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Sorry.  Not buying it.  The idea that teams think Trae should earn less than $25M next year is silly to me.  Not saying no one has expressed this to you but I don't believe it for a second.

In terms of how much value DJM has to other teams, I'll believe that when I see our trade return.  Talk is cheap.

They said same range. I am the one that said Murray should make more. He's a better player. Trae is just a superior talent and his box office for us at least. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They said same range. I am the one that said Murray should make more. He's a better player. Trae is just a superior talent and his box office for us at least. 

The idea that teams might view Murray on his 4 year sub-market deal at a similar value to Trae on his current 2 year deal is more reasonable but I'm still skeptical.  One must be traded this offseason so let's see what that player goes for and then we can ruminate on whether the other would have returned similar value.  

I don't buy the idea that teams would give as much for Murray as Young but if DJM brings in a haul then maybe your guy will be proven correct.  That would be great.  (My view remains that neither of them will return what I would consider to be a fair market value because we have spoiled the market by giving guys away in garbage deals in recent years, and we don't seem to do a good job of manipulating other front offices.)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

The idea that teams might view Murray on his 4 year sub-market deal at a similar value to Trae on his current 2 year deal is more reasonable but I'm still skeptical.  One must be traded this offseason so let's see what that player goes for and then we can ruminate on whether the other would have returned similar value.  

I don't buy the idea that teams would give as much for Murray as Young but if DJM brings in a haul then maybe your guy will be proven correct.  That would be great.  (My view remains that neither of them will return what I would consider to be a fair market value because we have spoiled the market by giving guys away in garbage deals in recent years, and we don't seem to do a good job of manipulating other front offices.)

I saw Cam Johnson as a possible DJM haul. I think that's about as good as it's gonna get. If we move Trae I would expect someone like Towns or AD back in return. 

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Very nice.. I've thought a lot about the Wemby comparison. 

Not the freakish body but close to it for his position plus the fluidity.

Also, isn't this thread about ZR not Trae/DJM or roster decisions?

Edited by theheroatl

1 hour ago, AHF said:

There have been several reports Trae's trade market hasnt been especially robust. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There have been several reports Trae's trade market hasnt been especially robust. 

Why would it be especially robust right now?  He was hurt to finish last year and our front office has been giving people away.  My view is that we will get underwhelming returns for either Trae or DJM (or both if we deal them both) because I don't believe our FO has done a good job extracting value from other GMs.  The comparison here was between DJM and Trae and we know what DJM was drawing (Quentin Grimes and a late 1st) which was dismal.  Hoping he has raised his value and that our front office will actually deliver on that.

• Like 2

I just think at this point soemthing would have happened by now, teams know  what we are trying to do, in isolation you can see why someone may think dj is comparable to bridges and would get something close but that's not the case at all, he would have been gone by now.  And mikal effects winning basketball more at this point, I agree dj has increased his value and teams want him but they aren't willing to take a huge gamble on him.

Edited by hylndr11

• Moderators
1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

I just think at this point soemthing would have happened by now, teams know  what we are trying to do, in isolation you can see why someone may think dj is comparable to bridges and would get something close but that's not the case at all, he would have been gone by now.  And mikal effects winning basketball more at this point, I agree dj has increased his value and teams want him but they aren't willing to take a huge gamble on him.

I can't see that at all.  I see a big and obvious gap between them.  I just want reasonable value coming back to us.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

I can't see that at all.  I see a big and obvious gap between them.  I just want reasonable value coming back to us.

I said in isolation and then expounded a bit in that. By isolation I mean by say for example someone just looking at stats which a lot of comments on here come from.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I just saw a great comparison for Zacc and I like it better than all these current comparisons like MPJ

If Zacc can become an even better version of Rashard Lewis the Hawks WON THE DRAFT!!!

Remember Lewis was a damn good player and if Zacc is a superior version of him then we have been blessed

I’ve seen that comparison.  Prime Lewis would be great on this team.  ZR seems a little more fluid (more like a wing) where Lewis had a little more weight and post game. Would love to see ZR become a Lewis-level shooter at the 3.

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, theheroatl said:

I'm really thinking that with all the negativity this might be one of the best picks we've ever made.

A take like this screams "I HAVEN'T WATCHED HIS TAPE BEYOND THE 2023-2024 HIGHLIGHTS".

Do me a favor and watch this in entirety before posting about ZR again:

Brother, we all can watch a highlight of John Wall with Houston and be in amazed. A French dude highlight tape against 17 and under Euros is not that impressive imo 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

image.png.c5a5f878d5d3d097b79b39c9e8ae4719.png

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2998447/ (hard link to above)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Mason_III  (who is Frank Mason III)

Where in the world did he get the idea that anyone has to do more than shoot threes and play defense.   Guys have 15 year careers doing that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nah, he's a low ceiling low floor pick. And we picked him first overall, this is worse than the Shelden pick. 

Low compared to Wemby. But Compared to players like Michael Porter Jr. and Klay Thompson it is excellent. He most definitely can get there and if he did while we are winning I don’t think anyone would be complaining.