• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Zaccharie Risacher!

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Where in the world did he get the idea that anyone has to do more than shoot threes and play defense.   Guys have 15 year careers doing that. 

Let’s be honest.. these guys have watched nothing but the 2023-2024 highlights..

try watching more tape.. there are a ton of creative drives and ball handling instances

seriously.. like they haven’t watched any of the prior year tape on him? 

come on man these guys are idiots…

god help me

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Where in the world did he get the idea that anyone has to do more than shoot threes and play defense.   Guys have 15 year careers doing that. 

Not to be in the NBA.  To be the #1 overall pick in the draft.  (Is what he's saying per my read anyway.)

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Let’s be honest.. these guys have watched nothing but the 2023-2024 highlights..

try watching more tape.. there are a ton of creative drives and ball handling instances

seriously.. like they haven’t watched any of the prior year tape on him? 

come on man these guys are idiots…

god help me

This is coming from a former University of Kansas guard and National Player of the Year who is now playing professionally in the same league not some internet rando who watches only highlights.  He played against Risacher and obviously watched tape of him like you do any other opponent.  Why does this make him an uniformed idiot?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not to be in the NBA.  To be the #1 overall pick in the draft.  (Is what he's saying per my read anyway.)

Yeah i get that but he's comparing him to other #1 picks not the current draft class.

I don't know who looks at this and says yeah all he can do is shoot the three and he's not very athletic. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i get that but he's comparing him to other #1 picks not the current draft class.

I don't know who looks at this and says yeah all he can do is shoot the three and he's not very athletic. 

Mason didn't opine on his athleticism, although we've seen the camp numbers which aren't good.  The very poster of the video you cite speaks of his limitations as well "isn't much of a shot creator yet and needs to keep shooting as well as he did at the start of the season for it to work."  This is not a outlier view on him from the draft community.  Hopefully his functional athleticism with anticipation and other factors coming into play will be better than his testing and he will continue to develop his game and refine his shooting.  He would hardly be the first wing to grow over time like that.

• Premium Member

I'm liking him the more I watch, he plays with passion and heart. Something that Cam and Dre lack.

He has a a good aura, the kind of guy that adds to winning culture. I hope he pans out and lives up to his draft position. A number one overall with his mindset would be amazing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I'm liking him the more I watch, he plays with passion and heart. Something that Cam and Dre lack.

He has a a good aura, the kind of guy that adds to winning culture. I hope he pans out and lives up to his draft position. A number one overall with his mindset would be amazing.

Still meh without better parts around him.  

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Still meh without better parts around him.  

Yeah but Trae and Jalen are perfect fits for him. He can be a chucker and cutter in the current day and allow his game to grow, hopefully following a Jaylen Brown type trajectory(don't kill me for reaching)

He's got a throwback attitude, my biggest gripe with modern nba players is that they feel like influencers and man-children instead of hoopers. I see why the spurs wanted him, his demeanor reminds me of Ginobili

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Yeah but Trae and Jalen are perfect fits for him. He can be a chucker and cutter in the current day and allow his game to grow, hopefully following a Jaylen Brown type trajectory(don't kill me for reaching)

He's got a throwback attitude, my biggest gripe with modern nba players is that they feel like influencers and man-children instead of hoopers. I see why the spurs wanted him, his demeanor reminds me of Ginobili

I'm giving him a chance. All I can do anyway.  I don’t see Star…but he doesn’t need to be IF the FO doesn’t wet the bed. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is actually an excellent sentiment tho.

The rest of the basketball world is, expectedly, panning our draft.  It just weaponizes my contrary little heart to root hard for this French muthaf*cka. 

• Haha 4