• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Zaccharie Risacher!

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How many ways will Nique mess up his last name?

:Nique:. Risacki, Reacher 

Now THAT would be a drinking game for you. How many times Nique effs up his name and by how many syllables? There would be folks in ambulances heading to Grady all night long for alcohol poisoning on account of that...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, deester11 said:

Still meh without better parts around him.  

Good thing he's got the best playmaker in the league setting him up 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Honest question....

Is there any chance he tested poorly in the drills because he had just finished his playoff season and didn't spend weeks preparing like all the other players? 

I don't know how this all works, but I know he didn't have time to prepare and his tape doesn't look "unathletic" to me. 

I would guess it didn't help but you could have taken Reed Sheppard on a random Tuesday in the middle of the season and he still would have jumped out of the gym.  Most of the prep is just improving your number around the edges.  It isn't like studying for a test in a subject you've never taken.

And I wouldn't say he is unathletic but he clearly has some limitations relative to other wings.  You can see that in his numbers finishing around the basket for example.  Plenty of guys have been able to overcome limitations like our own Trae Young but they still matter in certain contexts (like they do for our own Trae Young).

3 hours ago, GameTime said:

Sidenote: At 19, Is he done growing? Are we looking at 6'11 - 7'0 Risacher that can guard 1-5 in the future?

He is only 19 so I say yes very possible he COULD grown another inch or 2. 

now that’s kind of intriguing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is actually an excellent sentiment tho.

The rest of the basketball world is, expectedly, panning our draft.  It just weaponizes my contrary little heart to root hard for this French muthaf*cka. 

I panned it too. I didn’t agree with the pick but will defend the Hawks right to have done so. 😂😂

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

School em, hotSupes.

And I hope folks are ready to see a likely subpar-looking summer league.  I don't think it'll be an environment conducive to him right away.

And that'll be ok.  Zacc is gonna open some eyes once he's with the big team.

Take notes, folks.  Me and hotSupes been on this guy for a long, long time. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

School em, hotSupes.

And I hope folks are ready to see a likely subpar-looking summer league.  I don't think it'll be an environment conducive to him right away.

So here's the good news.  Few people on the board campaigned for anyone other than Sarr, Edey, Clingan or Sheppard.  So Risacher, to be fair, should only be compared to those players (tell me if I missed anyone).  But should any of those players be heads and shoulders better than the rest, the front office should have to answer to it. If the players are all similar.  For example, lets say in 4 years, Risacher is a 16/5/5 guy and Sarr is 15/8.  You could argue its a push. But if one of Sarr/Edey/Clingan becomes a 20/10/2bpg guy.....then Landry needs to answer to that.

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So here's the good news.  Few people on the board campaigned for anyone other than Sarr, Edey, Clingan or Sheppard.  So Risacher, to be fair, should only be compared to those players (tell me if I missed anyone).  But should any of those players be heads and shoulders better than the rest, the front office should have to answer to it. If the players are all similar.  For example, lets say in 4 years, Risacher is a 16/5/5 guy and Sarr is 15/8.  You could argue its a push. But if one of Sarr/Edey/Clingan becomes a 20/10/2bpg guy.....then Landry needs to answer to that.

At the very least, i expect him to be solid average. That's FLOOR.  I haven't come around on him but I acknowledge there are traits that could serve the Hawks well.  My expectations don't factor in squat but it's not wrong for people to expect him to be better than an Average player. It also doesn't mean you hate the kid. 

I'm still more interested in the trade component and makeup of the team. As constructed, much more is needed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

School em, hotSupes.

He may not see many minutes in SL since he had a very long extended season. He finished playing then immediately had his combine testing while the collegiate players have been just training and preparing.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The other obvious point of comparison is trade offers that were on the table several of which you reported.

But I’m also of the mind that there is limited virtue in fixating on what could have been so I hope my focus will be more of what is and could be for Risacher and the team as a whole.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Thanks for sharing, he seems like a good kid and I will absolutely root for him even if he wasn't my 1st choice.  I hope he surpasses expectations and becomes everything this team has been missing.  It's going to be up to him and how much he wants it.

He will need to bulk up about 15 lbs and develop some wiggle (hesi's, footwork, etc) in his offensive game if he's going to ever average more than 15 ppg.  Watch some Paul George / Joe Johnson tape and practice the hell out of their moves.

Also needs to work on dribbling/handle.

The good news is that these are things that can be developed with practice.  It's really up to him.  I hope he doesn't just accept his rookie role as a spot up shooter and not work towards maximizing his potential.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Hopefully Trae has reached out to the kid personally.  Has he made any sort of public announcement?

EDIT:  Sounds like a no, they just asked both the rookies this question. 

Edited by AtLaS
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

This is some faulty logic and sounds a lot like sour grapes.  

In 4 years if Risacher is a 16/5/5 guy and the Hawks are making deep playoff runs, I can guarantee you Landry isn't answering for anything regardless of how Sarr/Edey/Clingan are doing.  Conversely, if in 4 years the Hawks are still a play-in / 1st round exit playoff team, well, Landry will probably be long gone and have already answered for it.  And that's regardless of how Risacher does.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Hopefully Trae has reached out to the kid personally.  Has he made any sort of public announcement?

EDIT:  Sounds like a no, they just asked both the rookies this question. 

Yeah I heard that, and that is F'ing pathetic.  None of them accept for Bogi has reached out to the players, and he only reached out to Nikola.

• Like 1