• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think we are at 14 already

I'm not 100% sure who is coming and going in the scenario where the NO deal gets combined with a POR deal with Ayton.

We also have several guys who are not under contract but who could return like Vit.  (So right now if you look at our cap space I'm not sure if he is included in that number or not given that we have made a QO but not signed him.  Same for Bruno.)

Jay is great with the cap stuff so I trust her numbers but I'm not certain which players make up that number.

• Like 3

hace 1 minuto, AHF dijo:

I have loved his impact when healthy but yeah.  Career 142 ORTG and 103 DRTG is kind of amazing but averaging less than 36 games per season is brutally bad. 

Well he injured his knee badly, obviusly that affects game numbers when he has player so few seasons.

• Admin
55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Breaking News

Update 7/5/2024

The Kings really want BI and that could be added to the deal. Also the Blazers is taking to the Hawks and Pels for Ayton to the Hawks and Williams to the Pels. Harrison Barnes, Chris Duarte, and Trey Lyles plus picks from Sacramento. It's a lot of moving pieces, I think they are working on an extension for BI with Sacramento. 

Ayton will be a terrible pickup for us … he is not a team player, is so lazy on d and all about him on offense

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Ayton will be a terrible pickup for us … he is not a team player, is so lazy on d and all about him on offense

This really isn’t true and you would think he has matured some since the Phoenix ordeal

i also don’t trust Monty Williams as far as I can throw him

Lebron is a selfish player and he wants to be included on every possession 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

This really isn’t true and you would think he has matured some since the Phoenix ordeal

The fact that Portland wants to ditch him does not make me think he has matured in a meaningful way since Phoenix was thrilled to unload him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

How many slots need to be filled at that point to reach the 14 minimum?

Pre Murray trade, we are at 12 and $171.7 million.

Screenshot_20240705_103740_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I am working on the assumption the Hawks portion of the deal remains as is for the most part. Even if we send out CC and Nance for Ayton that leaves us $3 mil under the tax.

Even if you assume the Murray deal isn't finalized, we are are $171.7 mil. 

Send out Murray $25.2 and CC $22.2 = $47.4 mil

We return Daniels $6 and Ayton $34 = $40 mil

New salary is $164.3 mil...that leaves is $6.5 million under the tax. 

Then is Duarte or Lidell heading to Hawks?

Post all of the salaries because I am using Spotrac and i don't see what you see. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pre Murray trade, we are at 12 and $171.7 million.

So we trade out DJM and Capela which puts us at 10 players and we get back Dyson and Ayton which puts us back at 12 needing at least two more players which leaves us $6M for anyone else included in the trade or to sign.  Is that right?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

The fact that Portland wants to ditch him does not make me think he has matured in a meaningful way since Phoenix was thrilled to unload him.

If the Hawks get trapped with that salary there will be multiple trade dumps next year and it might spell the end of Trae young unless there is some type of home town discount which I doubt

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Post all of the salaries because I am using Spotrac and i don't see what you see. 

Spotrac looks as if they have not included Zacc's $12 million.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

If the Hawks get trapped with that salary there will multiple trade dumps next year and it might spell the end of Trae young unless there is some type of home town discount which I doubt

Ayton's contract expires before Trae's new one so I am more worried about whether it is good use of money and whether Ayton would engage on both ends the way Quin would want than I am about Trae's future contract.  Too many moving pieces with that.

Re salary dumps, I think we effectively do a salary dump to make room for Ayton's salary in the trade which is why we essentially only get back Dyson and picks for DJM.  Not sure any more is needed after that unless you would consider not resigning Bey to be a salary dump or something.  But if we wanted to spend on other players then salary dumping someone would be on the table.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

But hey we got the 49ers trainer so we can repair anybody

Trae ends up looking like Roger Craig from the Niners in the 80’s. A dude I met at 24 hour NAUTILUS (not fitness that’s how mf old I am) and he was teaching his daughter the correct form for squats cuz she was in track and field. I said, much respect 🫡 but I gotta tell ya I’m a Lions 🦁 fan. This was like 1995 I think.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

So we trade out DJM and Capela which puts us at 10 players and we get back Dyson and Ayton which puts us back at 12 needing at least two more players which leaves us $6M for anyone else included in the trade or to sign.  Is that right?

Pretty much.

We are now under the tax which reopens the MLE if $12 million, but unlikely we use it. Caleb Martin is still available though. He can play SF/PF 

• Like 2

What I don't understand from the Ayton Fans perspective is this. Yall say Monty f***ed him up and he will do much better if he's in a situation that pumps him up and caters to him. 

My question is......what the hell have yall seen that makes you think *this* is the place where all of that will finally click lol. 

Is it 100% just "trae will forcefeed him and make him happy"? Cause outside of that.....the vibes here are not great.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1