• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, phoostal said:

Can any insider answer if we get the trade restrictions taken off  the Sac pick?  This is huge in my opinion for 25.  It's a deep draft and now we'll have 2 picks next year in a deep draft class.   Thank you. 

Not an insider, but IIRC, the initial discussion regarding the removal of the protection was because we were taking salary from SAC and to help then make their 2027 pick available for trade. Not sure if that's still the case or not.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, phoostal said:

Can any insider answer if we get the trade restrictions taken off  the Sac pick?  This is huge in my opinion for 25.  It's a deep draft and now we'll have 2 picks next year in a deep draft class.   Thank you. 

For the folks that want Lauri M (I'm not one), this is where we could entice Dan E. (str)Ainge.  I'm sure there's a lot of pressure for him to land Flagg, so those picks are like gold for UTA.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agree this all gives me pause.  But what gives me hope is (a) Monti had similar issues with a couple guys in DET and (b) they're now paying him all the monies to stay as far away from them as possible.

So maybe the PHX issues weren't all on Ayton.

I still can't get passed the fact that a month ago we were all saying "this is the most important offseason ever. We have to fix this roster and improve the vibes." and a month later the biggest right now addition might be....Ayton. 

Those things don't match well lol. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Dan E. (str)Ainge.

Is it possible to hose him in a deal? I still want payback even though Tree 🌲 dragged him around like a rag doll.. it wasn’t enough for me 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

For the folks that want Lauri M (I'm not one), this is where we could entice Dan E. (str)Ainge.  I'm sure there's a lot of pressure for him to land Flagg, so those picks are like gold for UTA.

Why would he have more pressure.to land flagg than anyone else 

Just now, Afro said:

I still can't get passed the fact that a month ago we were all saying "this is the most important offseason ever. We have to fix this roster and improve the vibes." and a month later the biggest right now addition might be....Ayton. 

Those things don't match well lol. 

Yeah.  I'm just hoping for the best at this point, Pony Boy. 

Just ....

(long pause then looks out into the horizon)

... hopin' for the best, Pony Boy. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Even if you assume the Murray deal isn't finalized, we are at $171.7 mil. 

Send out Murray $25.2 and CC $22.2 = $47.4 mil

We return Daniels $6 and Ayton $34 = $40 mil

New salary is $164.3 mil for 12 players....that leaves is $6.5 million under the tax 

Doesn't Murray have a trade kicker? How does that fit into this

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We return Liddell as well at 2.1. 42.1 million. That's also 14 players. You keep leaving off Risacher spot while including his salary. 

We only have one spot remaining. That's Vits spot. I don't believe we even have a spot this year for Bey. 

Is this not 12 players in the chart below pre trade including Zacc?

We are sending out 2 (DJ and CC) and getting back 2 (DD and Ayton)....that's still 12 players with contracts now totalling $164.3 million with $6.5 million left for 3 players.

Screenshot_20240705_103740_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShayD said:

Doesn't Murray have a trade kicker? How does that fit into this

Yes, and the trade kicker is what initially prevented the trade from being finalized pre July 1st on the NOP side of the ledger.

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Ayton can play basketball 🏀. He’s just a whiner and not the sharpest tool in the shed. But that’s why Trae is gold, he can help players like Ayton, a lot. If Ayton keeps his head on straight and balls, I believe Trae could make him an all star ⭐️. He’s big, he’s strong, he’s athletic, he can shoot. 

Just in his head stuff.

He can’t defend a paper bag which is a problem when you are responsible for being back line defense 

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, and the trade kicker is what initially prevented the trade from being finalized pre July 1st on the NOP side of the ledger.

Did Murray waive it or is someone going to pay him the extra 3mil per year

Just now, capstone21 said:

He can’t defend a paper bag which is a problem when you are responsible for being back line defense 

Did you just take a canadiana 🇨🇦 💩 on Ayton? :upsidedown:

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this not 12 players in the chart below pre trade including Zacc?

We are sending out 2 (DJ and CC) and getting back 2 (DD and Ayton)....that's still 12 players with contracts now totalling $164.3 million with $6.5 million left for 3 players.

Screenshot_20240705_103740_Samsung Internet.jpg

Liddell is in the trade. It will be 3 players to Atlanta. 

Vit is only going to cost 2.4 million. The Hawks are already under the 1st apron. 

Regardless if they use the 15 spot or not. It wouldn't be the 1st time. Most likely they will just do what they do, sign three two ways to make up the difference. Hell, they just sign Vit and Lundy to a two way again. 

• Like 2