• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

For the "paying the tax" obsessed crowd.

For the purposes of trade rules, your current salary situation is considered.

For the purposes of tax payer status, that is determined after the last game of the season is played.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, timebomb said:

Would you rank us higher? Would you put money on it? I wouldn’t... Actually might get good odds so for fun maybe it’d be a good bet but what I’m trying to say no one other than a Hawks fan would.

I just don't care what others 'think' will happen.  We're the Hawks.  Literally no one ever projects them to be good.  I think we were projected to be 7th in the East in our 60-win season.  And the year after they predicted to win 46 games (and like 4th or 5th in the East).  It's just nonsense.

I'll wait until I see how the entire offseason shakes out to make a prediction, but as of now, yeah, I'd bet money they are better than 9th in the East.  I think we'll see a massive swing on the defensive end and the offense will still be Top 10 or so.   

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Packfill said:

That is a disingenuous statement. The Hawks were able to take advantage of NO’s salary issues and were able to extract another former high lottery pick from the Pels. Hawks now have an actual 7’ footer on the roster who the Hawks development team can surely unlock. Pretty exciting development and a huge feather in Landry’s cap. Real nifty bit of work. 

I love the jokes. This board is funny 

28 minutes ago, Packfill said:
Edited by deester11
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think the gap between the top 8 and the rest of the east is pretty wide. Thing is, the Hawks are pretty much better than the rest of the east who's either tanking or not ready yet. The Hawks are likely a play-in team. Right at 9th seed. I don't know if the Hawks done enough to catch the top 8 teams in the East. 

Pretty sure the point of an off-season is improve your team. 

HAWKS DNA FOR THE WIN! 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

5 Centers:

Clint Capela $22.2 mil

Onyeka Okongwu $14 mil

Larry Nance Jr $11 mil

Bruno Fernando $2.7 mil

Cody Zeller !~$3 mil (likely cut)

Who are the center needy teams that can give us real value to fill a position of need?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

5 Centers:

Clint Capela $22.2 mil Onyeka Okongwu $14 mil Larry Nance Jr $11 mil Bruno Fernando $2.7 mil Cody Zeller !~$3 mil (likely cut)

Who are the center needy teams that can give us real value to fill a position of need?

Nance isn't a center

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I'll say this.. our big signing last two years has been Frank Kaminsky and Wes Matthews.. Both mid to late July.

Expect fireworks later this month ya'll.

We have until August 1st. :stirthepot:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Nance shouldn't play center unless it's an emergency. He only really did in NO because they needed spacing. He should be JJ's b/u unless Gueye takes the spot.

• Thanks 1

Detroit has been making solid moves this offseason. Tobias Harris, Malik Beasley, new coach, that Italian Forward everyone wanted. We can assume the bottom of the east will stay bad forever. 

• Like 2