• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AHF said:

Is there no stupidly you won’t excuse?  This is indefensible.  Utterly indefensible.  That is like saying we agree to give up our pick this year if we win the lottery and then telling people to lighten up because us winning the lottery is exceedingly unlikely. Just because it is improbable doesn’t mean it is value you should give away.  The fact that we did it while taking Zeller is an insult to the fan base.  This really pisses me off even though I agree that is almost impossible to make any practical difference because the pick is already thoroughly protected and limited in value by being a worst of pick.

Agreed 1000%.  It's just like Landry is weak.  This just confirms opposing GMs don't respect him and he is getting pushed around in negotiations.  How do we get Danny Ainge here?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, AHF said:

I wish I negotiated against you guys at the table.  It isn’t just about optics.  The odds of us winning the first pick this year was incredibly small but unlikely things can happen.

We got the short end of the stick in the original deal.  Now NO insists on it being worse by us having to take Zeller.  They could have fixed the deal by giving us a useful player.  They didn’t. We took a bad player and filled the small amount of space we had with bad salary.  

What is the logical move?  Changing the protection on the pick so we just get either the NO or MIL pick period.  That would make up some of the gap in the original trade and pay us for taking on Zeller.  

What is that weak version of that?  Picking up two second round picks or something like that to facilitate this for NO and not take back an actual player.

What is the actual version?  Make the puck worse by allowing top 4 protection.  Talk about a weak, pathetic, desperate look to you as GM.  You took bad salary to make the trade worse and thanked NO for letting you do it by giving them protection on the pick in addition to worst of status.  Wow.  That is terrible GMing.

I think the GM/front office was just that excited about Daniels and didn't care about the protection or the negative asset.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Capela should be moved soon is what I'm hearing. Also heard it was multiple teams to confirm @Mikey it is 5 teams with real interest. So this should net something back for us.

What are we getting back?  Someone that will contribute or are we getting cast offs again?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I wish I negotiated against you guys at the table.  It isn’t just about optics.  The odds of us winning the first pick this year was incredibly small but unlikely things can happen.

We got the short end of the stick in the original deal.  Now NO insists on it being worse by us having to take Zeller.  They could have fixed the deal by giving us a useful player.  They didn’t. We took a bad player and filled the small amount of space we had with bad salary.  

What is the logical move?  Changing the protection on the pick so we just get either the NO or MIL pick period.  That would make up some of the gap in the original trade and pay us for taking on Zeller.  

What is that weak version of that?  Picking up two second round picks or something like that to facilitate this for NO and not take back an actual player.

What is the actual version?  Make the puck worse by allowing top 4 protection.  Talk about a weak, pathetic, desperate look to you as GM.  You took bad salary to make the trade worse and thanked NO for letting you do it by giving them protection on the pick in addition to worst of status.  Wow.  That is terrible GMing.

Now this makes sense to me. Complain about the fact that we let them add toxic salary in Zeller without having to pay more for it (like a second round pick or removing the "worst of" protection all together). Complain about the fact that we traded a borderline allstar and got projects and prospects in return. Complain that we couldn't get a 3rd team involved to flip Nance. These are all substantial changes which could very well result in better talent on the court. Not worth wasting energy on a moonshot projection of both the Bucks and Pelicans being in the top 4.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think the GM/front office was just that excited about Daniel and didn't care about the protection or the negative asset.

We should be excited about Daniels but you need to watch every penny and squeeze every bit of value out of these deals.  We don’t have the luxury of just gratuitously handing out pick protections and taking on bad salary.  Get paid for things that make the deal worse.  Don’t pay the other guy to make the deal worse.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think the GM/front office was just that excited about Daniel and didn't care about the protection or the negative asset.

That's sad man - you don't leave the table until the negotiation is over.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

We should be excited about Daniels but you need to watch every penny and squeeze every bit of value out of these deals.  We don’t have the luxury of just gratuitously handing out pick protections and taking on bad salary.  Get paid for things that make the deal worse.  Don’t pay the other guy to make the deal worse.

We have to be honest with ourselves, Murray is just not that good at playing winning basketball. Great stat stuffer but that's it. New Orleans manament might have started to have 2nd thoughts after watching more film. You never know.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

What are we getting back?  Someone that will contribute or are we getting cast offs again?

We gonna trade to cut some salary and lure Shaq out of retirement with a lifetime supply of gold bond and Papa johns

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Capela should be moved soon is what I'm hearing. Also heard it was multiple teams to confirm @Mikey it is 5 teams with real interest. So this should net something back for us.

Which 5 teams?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I'm worried about a Capela salary dump...He is still the teams best rebounder and rim protector. We better get a defensive center at all cost next offseason!

• Thanks 1

I am to a point where I am just not going to worry about it.

Dont Worry About It Julien GIF - Dont Worry About It Julien Emily In ...

Team wants to save money but dont want to win.

dont-worry-about-it-vinny.gif&ehk=rnyyio

Trae wants to be traded...

QNvFNZMkak8=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Spurs gets three #1 picks in a row (with our picks)

file.php?id=3428253

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

"Well the good news is, the $23 mil JCE TPE has been exhausted or close to it.

Nance $11.2 + Dyson $6.0 + Lydell $2.1 = $19.3 mil. That leaves $3.7 million. (Depending in the Zeller amount).

Better news, we've created another TPE from the DJ trade ~$28 million (if the trade kicker is include, if not ~$25 million). 

So once again, we'll be the holder of the largest TPE in the NBA ". 

How did we create another TPE @JayBirdHawk?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1