• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think that is [delete explicative and replace with other word] incorrect.  If Trae was on Orlando or Detroit's roster and up for an extension, I think both teams would happily extend him what they are paying Franz or Barnes or Cunningham.  (Sorry I'm not coming up with who Barnes is so I'm saying this somewhat blindly on him and more focusing on these other max deals.)

And of course that is incorrect but GMs think Trae is overpaid, while giving away these deals to lesser players.

• Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Glad we won't be paying him that.  

Mayne, what would they have paid him if he'd helped them even sniff a playoff or play-in season? 

Fade Losingham got them .... faded.

🫥

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

As much as I’d like to think the Hawks will go after Lauri.. I don’t think it happens. I think Landry and crew is very satisfied with rolling the dice with this younger team plus Trae.

We just aren't in a position to spend draft capital. Quite frankly, we barely have any. Our only hope is finding hidden gems the way Miami does. 

45 minutes ago, ShayD said:

And of course that is incorrect but GMs think Trae is overpaid, while giving away these deals to lesser players.

Well the NBA has a strange system. The true superstars are actually worth than a max, so teams end up paying their second rate star the max because what else are they gonna do? They dont want to alienate their young star by playing hard ball. It's tough, maybe the NBA needs to take a closer look at the system they have. There needs to be a stronger middle class. Too many maxes and low salary guys. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Thanks.  His inclusion does not change my view that other teams would happily pay Trae.  Not every team but far fewer teams would happily pay Cunningham than would happily pay Trae, imo.

I think it's more so the 'Trae is currently overpaid' thing floating around here.

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Fade Losingham got them .... faded.

He’s overrated AF as the kids would say. I put him in the poor man’s Carmelo status of modern day point guards. The dude cannot translate more to “not winning” and the pistons pay him the max? I don’t get it. The pistons drafted solid and now pull this crap. One step forward and 2 steps back. #thexlakergirljudgepaulaabbydabbyul

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s overrated AF as the kids would say. I put him in the poor man’s Carmelo status of modern day point guards. The dude cannot translate more to “not winning” and the pistons pay him the max? I don’t get it. The pistons drafted solid and now pull this crap. One step forward and 2 steps back. #thexlakergirljudgepaulaabbydabbyul

Let them have it.  Meanwhile, I'll sit back and watch the losing and wonder when the super thin-slicing of his game and actual impact on winning begins.  He gets more of a pass than Trae even though he was the #1 pick!  Somebody explain it.  How is it that he gets ZERO blame for their abject failure of a train wreck? 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's all about HOPE. What we hope and PRAY

🙏🏿 I been going to church ⛪️ a lot more since we drafted Risacher and added our grand master FA pickup of the last 3 years 1️⃣ mister Code 🧑‍💻 E. Zell her. FML 🤦‍♀️ 

• Haha 3

I thought these guys are supposed to mAkE tEaMaTeS bEtTer?  Regardless of how the team fits or whether or not the teammates are any good in the first place.

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's more so the 'Trae is currently overpaid' thing floating around here.

The people that say Trae is overpaid would likely also argue Detroit is never going to win anything with Cade on that contract, same with Orlando and Franz or Scottie and Toronto.  Value contracts win championships, second only of course to top-end talent, but the two are linked as mentioned here-- it's usually high value max guys (Jokic, Lebron, Kawhi, Steph, etc.) that are leading squads to a chip

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Let them have it.  Meanwhile, I'll sit back and watch the losing and wonder when the super thin-slicing of his game and actual impact on winning begins.  He gets more of a pass than Trae even though he was the #1 pick!  Somebody explain it.  How is it that he gets ZERO blame for their abject failure of a train wreck? 

It's because nobody cares enough about Detroit to even talk about them

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think Atlanta has that much more media love and care than Detroit.  People care about Trae, though, and really don't about Cunningham.  Trae is a lightning rod for attention while Cade is an afterthought bordering on irrelevancy for most NBA fans.

Yeah, players generate the interest or not and honestly, there's not really anything interesting about Cade.  No spicy draft day trade, no ECF run, no playoff antics, no foul baiting discussion, Cade's team sucks, his game is bland and difficult to market, he put up decent but not incredible numbers on high usage, and did i mention his team sucks?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

This feels like something Landry and Nick would do.

Let’s hope not. I like a Lauri and Trae tandem but not for 3 first rd picks!

That’s insane if a team really offered the jazz this for Lauri but at the same time this is likely a bluff from Ainge then again this new nba era is very unpredictable in my opinion.