• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well sadly I actually had to do some of my job.  That's right.  I'm employed.  Y'all had no idea. 

Hey, somebody's gotta slang that 'caine, macd. :stirthepot:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Sounds like 2024 version of Kevin Heurter for Justin Holiday/protected 1st.  Team gets worse.

If we just had our 2025 1st we could do a soft tank and get in the Cooper Flagg sweepstakes. 

32 minutes ago, JTB said:

You’re going to be pissed off then cause Dyson is going to win that starter SG position.

TRUST that. It won’t be a challenge for him to win it either. 

Think about it…training camp comes around and his only challenger is Bogi. Bogi hands down is a better shooter but if Synder judges by defense, this is not a hard battle for Dyson.

Do I need more shooting next to Trae or a point of attack defender next to him? Is what the question will be.

Not only this but you have a 31-yr old Bogie coming off 79 games last year AND an Olympic team this summer.  I won't be surprised if Bogie is on a minutes restriction to start the season just to make sure he's rested and healthy (not saying it will definitely happen but wouldn't shock me).  

I think DD was brought in specifically to be the starting SG next to Trae.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm absolutely expecting him to start next to Trae. 

You’ll see probably a lineup of 

Trae-Bogi-Dre-JJ-Capela

other than that don’t get your hopes up

Jokes on y’all thinking Daniels and Risacher will get starting minutes. This team is mid AF.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 1

Just now, theheroatl said:

You’ll see probably a lineup of 

Trae-Bogi-Dre-JJ-Capela

other than that don’t get your hopes up

I'm sure we'll see that on occasion, but that's not going to be the starting lineup.  Barring injuries, the starters will be:

Trae-DD-Dre-JJ-OO

IF Dre is traded, the starter would likely be the wing traded for OR ZR, depending on the return in the trade.  Starting Bogi doesn't even make sense.  

22 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

That move to Cobb has actually turned out great for the Braves and the majority of the folks that go to their games as the largest percentage of the people who attend was apparently on the north side of the city and suburbs.  

They have made a LOT of money on the Battery, and based on the way the team runs revenue neutral, the money has went back into the team as we now have a very high payroll (almost to the 2nd apron for the tax).  The more bottoms in seats and hanging out in the battery the more we can spend on players.  It is nice as a fan to feel like supporting my team actually matters in the formation of the team on the field.

(How nice would it be to know a packed house for the Hawks = more money spent on players)

The down sides of the move IMO is the taxpayers in Cobb county got shafted.  But to be fair, part of the reason the Braves moved is because the city of Atlanta gave Uncle Arthur all the dollars and Hawks some dollars for a new stadium and renovations, respectively.  That left the Braves poor owners to have to pay for it themselves but they found a way to still get someone else to pay for as much as possible.

Bye.  Nobody watches baseball.  I do but most folks I know don't.  It worked out better for Atlanta, Fulton County and that neighborhood.  Its been built up since Georgia State and others moved into that area and nobody has to hear them folks whine about coming into Fulton County to watch baseball.  The Braves brought zero to that area or folks in general.  Now there is housing all over that area and new business.

Screen_Shot_2017_08_31_at_5.03.47_PM.png

Towns%20on%20Fraser%20Summerhill%202.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Getting off bad contracts and adding picks when you are depleted in that department is a positive no matter how you guys want to cut it

Any idea if the Wing referenced is at least a playable, rotation player?  IE not Justin Holiday caliber.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Getting off bad contracts and adding picks when you are depleted in that department is a positive no matter how you guys want to cut it

As many have said.... The wing that returns matters a whole hell of a lot on the "positive no matter how" part... 

Picks for nothing more than picks is the behavior of a rebuilding team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Hope you are right. Really do that would make this summer feel a lot better that’s for sure.

Unless injury Dyson will be starting at SG as the roster is currently constructed.

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

and we'll be waiting another.....

one-two-three-four-david-yost-cameo-coun

....years, for a draft pick to contribute. Meanwhile we'll be posting more 'draft pick watch' threads.

I’m not against trading our Sac 2025 pick IF we can put an actual good basketball team on the floor.

personally I rather we get a scoring big man next to Trae but ultimately we have to do what’s best for our franchise no matter if that includes Trae or not sadly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Hurricane Beryl sucks. The worst hurricane I've been in my life. Way worse than Harvey

Sorry! Hope you stay safe!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

If we just had our 2025 1st we could do a soft tank and get in the Cooper Flagg sweepstakes. 

Were gonna be in those sweepstakes with that Lakers pick when they turn in a lottery record.  Wont be great odds but we’ll be in it nonetheless 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1