• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Soth is saying that Nance is more Center than PF.

But yes, it was Hunter for a cheaper wing, now it's for a PF. 🤷‍♀️

We have deals if we want for Capela,  Nance and Hunter.  We need a third point guard and a backup pf. 

• Like 3

Just a soft dive and Nance has gone back and forth between PF as much a Center truly based on the rotation needs of whichever teams roster he is on.

If you need center play, he’s an option, if you need a PF, he can get in there for you too. If the insiders are hearing that he is viewed as a Center by our FO then yes, I would hope we offload a center or two for another position of need. I don’t think we are as limited with a Larry Nance as we are with a Cody Zeller or Bruno who are centers solely.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We have deals if we want for Capela,  Nance and Hunter.  We need a third point guard and a backup pf. 

If we trade Hunter we will need a backup SF.  Just don't see why we need to deal him now as opposed to waiting until the deadline.  Why make the team worse in 24-25, aren't we trying to keep Trae?  We aren't going to get a better SF back in a trade for him especially if we are getting a 1st in that trade.

We do need another PG b/c I'm not sold on Wallace.  I'm good with another PF too.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

If we trade Hunter we will need a backup SF.  Just don't see why we need to deal him now as opposed to waiting until the deadline.  Why make the team worse in 24-25, aren't we trying to keep Trae?  We aren't going to get a better SF back in a trade for him especially if we are getting a 1st in that trade.

We do need another PG b/c I'm not sold on Wallace.  I'm good with another PF too.

It all depends on what the return is.

But do we really want to dangle another guy all offseason again to wait until the trade deadline to put him back on the market and still unable to move him. This will be 2 years in a row, same with Cap.

Besides with Hunter injury history, do you take a chance that he remains healthy up to the deadline.

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Do we want or not want???

• Like 2

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It all depends on what the return is.

But do we really want to dangle another guy all offseason again to wait until the trade deadline to put him back on the market and still unable to move him. This will be 2 years in a row, same with Cap.

Besides with Hunter injury history, do you take a chance that he remains healthy up to the deadline.

Do we want or not want???

That's the million dollar question.  Capela and Nance both come off the books after the season. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That's the million dollar question.  Capela and Nance both come off the books after the season. 

Letting them both expire won't give us significant space under the salary when you account for JJ's cap hold.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Correct — If we trade for a player that has more than a year left, he better be a part of what we are trying to do.  

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Letting them both expire won't give us significant space under the salary when you account for JJ's cap hold.

But it would give cushion against paying the tax...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sothron said:

But it would give cushion against paying the tax...

School em, saffron.

Hawks are playing a dangerous game of Operation.  Get as close to the tax as possible without paying it.

Who cares of they lose the patien(ce)t.

🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

If we moving Hunter and Capela I sure do hope we are getting a significant player back like Ayton or Jarrett Allen and not just a cheaper back up SF or 3rd string point guard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Hunter off the bench is far more valuable than a 3rd PG or even a backup PG. Also better than the vast majority of backup sfs. 

Keep Hunter. Trade Clint. 

That’s what I also believe but we can only hope for the best!

if we are really still in conversation for Ayton , the FO need to pull the trigger on that deal before it’s too late. 

Ayton can be extremely valuable for us. Hopefully we get to him before another team makes a deal.

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

If it makes anyone feel better tonight…Trae Young sure did show a ton of love for Atlanta from the attire to the gestures to the interviews and love for his teammates.

i truly believe Trae loves the A but the FO need to put a contender around him.

I fully agree. I’m glad he seems proud to represent the city. For now at least. I hope Landry gets him some more help. We need to make a few more moves. 

• Like 3

hace 9 horas, gurpilo dijo:

Hole at backup PF? I think  we have a great backup PF in Nance 

Well, I would say he has played both positions in NO, not only C. But yes he has played some C there although I see his game more suited to PF.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think you can make due with giving backup PF minutes to Nance, Hunter and OO much more easily than dealing with our wing depth if we dump Hunter or trade him for an almost 40 year old PJ Tucker or something.  We shouldn’t hang our rookie out to dry.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Hole at backup PF? I think  we have a great backup PF in Nance 

He is a backup center that also might not be in here when season starts. Yes he could spend some minutes there but it is not his primary spot

16 hours ago, ShayD said:

Don't tell me it's PJ tucker. That would be one hell of a downgrade from hunter.

lol no

• Like 3

• Admin
40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He is a backup center that also might not be in here when season starts. Yes he could spend some minutes there but it is not his primary spot

lol no

I figure it is grant williams or Harrison Barnes