• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I figure it is grant williams or Harrison Barnes

Grant Williams would be terrible if he has to be our starting 3.   Barnes was a nice player 4 years ago.  

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Grant Williams would be terrible if he has to be our starting 3.   Barnes was a nice player 4 years ago.  

Barnes is still nice as a stretch 4.  Not really viable as your starting SF which makes a trade of Hunter for him a huge mistake, imo.  I don't think the gap in their versatility is worth salary relief in 2026-27.  I think that actively makes us worse.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But do we really want to dangle another guy all offseason again to wait until the trade deadline to put him back on the market and still unable to move him. This will be 2 years in a row, same with Cap.

Besides with Hunter injury history, do you take a chance that he remains healthy up to the deadline.

Do we want or not want???

That's the Hawks Way. (DN...whatever). We do this to ourselves expecting different results. Sad really. Keeping Hunter..meh. Capela..meh.  This aggressive off-season has been mid. IMG_6719.gif.a212ddbc554634274e0208377c6b1f7e.gif

Edited by deester11

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Finally someone got it!

At a minimum they HAVE to do something. Too many players right now for 15 spots. Someone is getting cut or traded. 

Hmm.  Williams or Barnes?  Williams is cheaper so that seems like he has hawks dna but Barnes has less on his deal.   I think this can only be done as a straight up trade for Barnes right since he was recently traded?  Can we bring a pick back?

• Confused 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Which one?  Barnes will match salary ... if it is Williams then we would need someone else to make salaries match.

I think it is a big downgrade (majorly if it is Williams) but if a first is coming too might be okay.  We are throwing all of our eggs into ZR's basket with this move.  

I don't think so since Charlotte can take on more salary right ?

image.png

Let me add this would be a sucky deal.  might rather have Barnes despite him being old. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deester11 said:

That's the Hawks Way. (DN...whatever). We do this to ourselves expecting different results. Sad really. Keeping Hunter..meh. Capela..meh.  This aggressive off-season has been mid. IMG_6719.gif.a212ddbc554634274e0208377c6b1f7e.gif

We have to understand why teams don’t want our guys.  They are/were overpaid.  You can easily trade Hunter, Collins, or Capela if teams want them.  

Does anyone thinks Landry keeps turning down killer offers for Hunter and Capela?  I think he never got a good offer, but if there is a complaint against him it implies there is an expectation that he should be turning trash into treasure.  

If you trade Hunter or Capela, how do you do it in a way that improves the team?

Hawks university is our actual long term answer, and a lot of teams are gonna need to make this shift with the new CBA.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm confused.  Is it Capela for Barnes or Williams or Hunter?  If it's Capela, I'm good with it because it deepens our bench with forwards who can defend and shoot. We need all of those we can get. It also leverages a position of strength for a position of need (backup PF) and keeps Nance more of a backup 5 than a 4.   Williams was horrible last year in Dallas, but had been a good role player for good Boston teams so the talent is there.  Barnes is a switchable defender who is nearing the twilight years so he's more of a 4 than a 3 these days, but still can shoot and play smart. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Finally someone got it!

At a minimum they HAVE to do something. Too many players right now for 15 spots. Someone is getting cut or traded. 

Grant Williams’ former teams don’t seem to miss him.  Seems like a unique personality that needs to fit

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We seem committed to having the most punchable faced team in the NBA lol

Well Oubre just signed with the sixers.  But we'll be top 3 for sure. 

15 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Williams didn't want to stay with 2 contending teams and a tanking/bad team is willing to give up a fake first to get off him. Isn't that a red flag?

If they can give us a pick then I say do it but I hope it’s Hunter and not Capela because OO is not ready to start full time at center in my opinion.