• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Williams for Hunter.  Tell us you don't have plans to compete this year without saying it out loud.

im more concerned what we do with Capela. I mean I rather keep Hunter over Williams but honestly id take Williams AND a first for Hunter and not look back.

we need to address the center position primarily in my opinion. We already knew Risacher was going to start at the 3 but everyone wants to act surprised about it.

Grant Williams can play the 3 and 4. That’s something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

The only basketball justification for trade Williams for Hunter is if you get a pick and you flip that pick in a deal that ends up with something net positive on the floor.

Just let it go, this ain’t ever going to happen, saddly. 

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Hawks logic:

Okongwu is too small to play center, he has to be a PF longterm.

Same Hawks fans:

Nance Jr (who has played more PF than OO ever has) has to be a center, he can’t play PF.

Both guys 6-8, 240. Nance actually has a decent 3 point shooting percentage .

Make it make sense.

He played Center because the Pels had Zion at PF and needed spacing around him. Not because he can no longer hold up at the 4.

Honestly if OO comes back with a 3pt shot he can play center full time but until you trust that shot ….No …OO cannot be the full time center for this team.

He lacks strength and length. The ONLY counter to that is for OO to shoot the 3 ball well enough to where teams will not even think about playing traditional centers against us.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why would a tanking Charlotte give up a 1st??? This is a pipe dream.

Also why would they want either Capela - since they already have two functional centers on their roster (Williams and Richards) or Hunter since they already have Miller, Bridges and Salaun.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JTB said:

im more concerned what we do with Capela. I mean I rather keep Hunter over Williams but honestly id take Williams AND a first for Hunter and not look back.

we need to address the center position primarily in my opinion. We already knew Risacher was going to start at the 3 but everyone wants to act surprised about it.

Grant Williams can play the 3 and 4. That’s something.

Even if that first is like the Sac one?  Heavily protected that won't convey for 3-4 years and when it does it will be lottery protected?

Not worth it for me.  

Why make the team worse now.  Unless as mentioned we have another trade lined up to flip that first and make the team better this year, but heavily doubt that is the case.

Hunter staying only works if we see him as our long term starter.  If we don’t…you cut him.  

This improves our team because we free up salary for guys we want to pay vs Hunter being a guy we don’t want to pay.    

I’m cool with Hunter for Williams plus a pick.  Then we trade Capela + Nance for Ayton.  

Start Williams, Risacher, or Daniels at the three.  Risacher could start with Trae, Bogi, Jalen, and Ayton.  All he needs to do is 3 & D.

14 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Even if that first is like the Sac one?  Heavily protected that won't convey for 3-4 years and when it does it will be lottery protected?

Not worth it for me.  

Why make the team worse now.  Unless as mentioned we have another trade lined up to flip that first and make the team better this year, but heavily doubt that is the case.

That part!

I have a lot of doubt too but that’s my hope that the first for Hunter is flipped to another team to actually bring back a true asset.

ALSO….this is better than just dumping Hunter to save money. I’m not calling grant better than Hunter…it’s better to get grant and a first than not getting anything at all for Hunter 

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why would a tanking Charlotte give up a 1st??? This is a pipe dream.

That's why I said fake 1st. It would be one of those first that only conveys to 2nd round picks like the one pick hawks traded to spurs.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Hunter staying only works if we see him as our long term starter.  If we don’t…you cut him.  

This improves our team because we free up salary for guys we want to pay vs Hunter being a guy we don’t want to pay.    

I’m cool with Hunter for Williams plus a pick.  Then we trade Capela + Nance for Ayton.  

Start Williams, Risacher, or Daniels at the three.  Risacher could start with Trae, Bogi, Jalen, and Ayton.  All he needs to do is 3 & D.

How does trading Hunter right now before the season starts freeing up salary?  We are still over the cap, and we aren't currently in the luxury tax anyway.  It does nothing for this season other than make the team on the floor worse in 24-25.  

What if ZR, Bogi, DD or JJ go down with an extended injury?  We are going to need Hunter.  I'm open to trading him but no reason to do it now.  Wait until we see what we have on the team and let's have some depth for once.  Last time we had good depth we made the ECF.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

pretty sure portland has 4 centers, so they wont make a trade that leaves them with 5. unless you're thinking of a 3 team trade or something

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

That part!

I have a lot of doubt too but that’s my hope that the first for Hunter is flipped to another team to actually bring back a true asset.

ALSO….this is better than just dumping Hunter to save money. I’m not calling grant better than Hunter…it’s better to get grant and a first than not getting anything at all for Hunter 

We get 15ppg, solid defense, solid wing depth and nearly 40% 3pt shooting by keeping Hunter.  How is that not getting anything at all from him?  He's signed for the next 4 years.  Cap will continue to increase which means his salary keeps getting better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

We get 15ppg, solid defense, solid wing depth and nearly 40% 3pt shooting by keeping Hunter.  How is that not getting anything at all from him?  He's signed for the next 4 years.  Cap will continue to increase which means his salary keeps getting better.

The hawks front office is clearly looking to ship Hunter off for salary relief. I’m saying instead of just dumping him like they did Collins and Huerter, at least in this trade proposal we get back and decent player and a first.

id rather keep Hunter but it doesn’t shock me that the hawks would rather shed his salary.  My hope is that we don’t just trade him and get back a weak ass trade exception .

6 minutes ago, ShayD said:

You do the deal if it's an unprotected first though.

Yup! Especially if it’s Charlotte 😂 

You don’t pass that up lol .

10 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

How does trading Hunter right now before the season starts freeing up salary?  We are still over the cap, and we aren't currently in the luxury tax anyway.  It does nothing for this season other than make the team on the floor worse in 24-25.  

What if ZR, Bogi, DD or JJ go down with an extended injury?  We are going to need Hunter.  I'm open to trading him but no reason to do it now.  Wait until we see what we have on the team and let's have some depth for once.  Last time we had good depth we made the ECF.

I’m looking at long term progress/improvement.  Clearing Hunter so we don’t go into next year wondering how or when we move him.  You may be able to use the MLE and sign a much better fit next year.  

Committing 4 years to a guy your head coach doesn’t like is what keeping Hunter means to me.  Move him out of the way.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, therealist said:

pretty sure portland has 4 centers, so they wont make a trade that leaves them with 5. unless you're thinking of a 3 team trade or something

Could be a three way.  That was the deal discussed previously.  

• Thanks 1