• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

18 hours ago, JTB said:

I’m going to get some hell no’s on this but I’m going to say it anyways.

I would be willing to play 6’8 249 pound Julius Randle at the 5 with this team. He’s very physical and I’ve always loved that about him. He’s not a top tier shooter but he’s capable of knocking down the 3 ball.

dont get me wrong id rather have Ayton as my top choice but yeah I don’t hate the idea of Randle at the 5 on this hawks team IF he’s healthy….yeah I said it!

this is one of the only ways I can endorse going full small ball.

Randle at center would not work for the Hawks due to the lack of rim protection and overall defensive fit issues.  

That said, I think his efficiency would improve if he were put in a more low usage role.

Probably not worth discussing though because I don't think Randle's contract would fit for the Hawks unless CC and DH are heading out in the trade.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My original list all but dried up outside of Tyus Jones and Okoro, guards and wings are set for the Hawks. 

Notable guys IMO:

Kennard: not sure why the Grizz would let a career .439 three point shooter get away when their best player is apprehensive about taking them 

Fultz: defensive impact as good as his offensive is bad 

Crowder: just turned 34, not sure why any contenders haven’t wanted him since his tenure with the Suns when he was only a +8.9 on court player 🤷‍♂️ Still only a handful of guys who can ball deny better.

Yurtseven: I thought the heat could make him serviceable with his size and rebounding but the defensive motor and IQ just isn’t there.

Cole Swider: I’m pretty sure the heat will sign him.  His shooting is undeniable and has really improved his physicality with a nice 6’9” 220 frame in SL

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1

Fultz isnt terrible.  Good sized defensive guard.  Problem is probably that he hasn't fully embraced that role, plus isn't a good shooter.  Seems there are worse options out there.  🤷‍♂️ 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Of course you are!

One day hillbilly gonna be sittin on our front porch with a shotgun.  We need to beef up the cul de sac neighborhood watch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Fultz isnt terrible.  Good sized defensive guard.  Problem is probably that he hasn't fully embraced that role, plus isn't a good shooter.  Seems there are worse options out there.  🤷‍♂️ 

Never thought I'd see the day when you were advocating for Fultz. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Kennard: not sure why the Grizz would let a career .439 three point shooter get away when their best player is apprehensive about taking them 

Grizz wanted to clear salary which I think they did with the Williams trade to resign Kennard.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

My original list all but dried up outside of Tyus Jones and Okoro, guards and wings are set for the Hawks. 

Tyus was looking for a payday AND a starting role. He's gotten neither and most of the money is all dried up.

Okoro is a RFA, so he's in a tough spot.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I dont remember hating on him as much as I do on others.  He's killed us a couple times and I've noticed he's been decent defensively. 

I view him sorta like I view Dennis Smith Jr.  Was inexplicably heralded coming into the draft but never really lived up to it.  Both are actually now decent roleplayers. Jmho 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tyus was looking for a payday AND a starting role. He's gotten neither and most of the money is all dried up.

Okoro is a RFA, so he's in a tough spot.

He shld just accept his standing as the alleged 'best backup pg in the league'.  He's not starting material.  Howard Eisley 2.0. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

One day hillbilly gonna be sittin on our front porch with a shotgun.  We need to beef up the cul de sac neighborhood watch. 

The Jokic brothers 👯 and I will guard 💂 the door 🚪 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

Wait I didn’t read the whole thing I’m taking my like back and replacing it with confused cuz Fultz better not have Hawks DAN DNA :secret:🧬 

• Moderators

Okoro seems like a guy we should at least try for but guess we'd have to clear salary or work a sign and trade?  At least he's a somewhat proven commodity that has gotten better every year.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Okoro seems like a guy we should at least try for but guess we'd have to clear salary or work a sign and trade?  At least he's a somewhat proven commodity that has gotten better every year.   

Where is he getting minutes? And if you're doing a SNT for him, who are you trading?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I still think we should go after Tyus Jones. He’d be a great backup and on back to backs we could rely on him. I’m terrified of rolling with Bufkin alone. 

I'm scared of relying on Boyk....Bufkin.  but I may be more scared of bringing in a guy who fancies himself as a starter.  So much so that he's likely costing himself money in pursuit of it.

On paper, it'd be a great add tho.  I'll give you that.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

The Jokic brothers 👯 and I will guard 💂 the door 🚪 

Good.  We know everybody in Liami, including fake tough guy Haslem, is afraid of the Jok-Bros. 

• Haha 1

Definitely think a reliable PG option is a must with how injury prone this team is and Trae not being guaranteed healthy for 80 games a season like he was early in his career and Bufkin not being healthy for any extended stretch of his career.

Losing JJ without a backup option derailed us. Losing Trae would sink us immediately. It would be negligent to not have an NBA tested PG in the mix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Bufkin is the backup PG.   He looked good in his minutes last year and needs to step into that backup role this year.   Just like JJ needed to step into the starting PF role last year.  

• Like 1