• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Bufkin is the backup PG.   He looked good in his minutes last year and needs to step into that backup role this year.   Just like JJ needed to step into the starting PF role last year.  

Hope he doesn’t get injured and submarine the team like last year when JJ was hurt and we didn’t have viable backups.  My hope would be that Daniels and Bogi could hold down the fort better than that but TBD.  Hopefully Bufkin is getting his injury out of the way early.  We need our young guys to step up if we intend to truly compete.  In general being as young as we are isn’t a great bet in the NBA but a lot will depend on the rest of the summer to see what the minutes weighted age is for this team.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JTB said:

Mitchell and Mobley are signed long term now.

lets see what happens with Jarrett Allen now!

He is the odd man out but will they go through this year first without trading him.

I hope he comes to the Hawks somehow.. that move would get me excited.

Wishful thinking I guess

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, AHF said:

Hope he doesn’t get injured and submarine the team like last year when JJ was hurt and we didn’t have viable backups.  My hope would be that Daniels and Bogi could hold down the fort better than that but TBD.  Hopefully Bufkin is getting his injury out of the way early.  We need our young guys to step up if we intend to truly compete.  In general being as young as we are isn’t a great bet in the NBA but a lot will depend on the rest of the summer to see what the minutes weighted age is for this team.  

I also hope we dont have any injuries 🤞🏻

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I also hope we dont have any injuries 🤞🏻

I don’t hope for that in any real way.  I take it as a given we will have injuries.  Nearly every team does and we have no one I can think of who hasn’t had some significant time missed due to injury over the last couple of years. 

My real hope is the team has better depth to keep competing when those happen and that none of them are major injuries.

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

The team has gotten significantly better. You are way too negative. 

Offseason has been pretty boring if you were expecting a lot of bells and whistles.  There being no clear top guy in the draft also makes it feel 'bad', I guess.

I agree we got better.  Even if it's just from the standpoint of just being a better composed unit.  Most, particularly the eggsperts, won't see that until they see it.

All that being said, I agree with @JeffS17.  They should've just traded Murray for AntMan. 🤓

• Like 4

Take it slow and you risk losing Trae but at this point, I don't know if losing Trae is in the near future. I don't know how much he cares about money but how many teams out there are willing to max out Trae when he is entering FA?

His max should be 50 or 60mil+(not sure) but how many teams want Trae on that amount. I think he signs an extension first before he starts asking for trades but it's still risky to not put a competitive roster around him and expect him to be happy

Right now he is getting bad rep around the league with players, GMs, coaches all because he can't win enough games by himself with this roster that some would say is decent enough. It's affecting his Allstar game call ups and player recruitment. He is probably on the same level as Haliburton/Brunson but when he tried to recruit Siakam he preferred to go play with Pacers than Hawks.

If you were in his shoes you will also be losing your patience, I think he has so much committed to Atlanta that he is willing to give them more chances (and they can also pay him the most) but at the end of the day winning cures all and we will see with this team this season.

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, ShayD said:

His max should be 50 or 60mil+(not sure) but how many teams want Trae on that amount. 

Trae's next 2 years salary is $46.9 and $48.6 mil (player option). His max extension is 140% of his $48.6 mil. His next contract will be determined by his level of play and team success.

If he plays out his contract, becomes a free agent AND makes ALL-NBA he'd be eligible for 35% max of whatever the projected salary cap is in 2027-28

2025 - $155 mil

2026 - $170 mil

2027 - $187 mil

Players who have done less than him are already making $40 mil.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae's next 2 years salary is $46.9 and $48.6 mil (player option). His max extension is 140% of his $48.6 mil. His next contract will be determined by his level of play and team success.

If he plays out his contract, becomes a free agent AND makes ALL-NBA he'd be eligible for 35% max of whatever the projected salary cap is in 2027-28

2025 - $155 mil

2026 - $170 mil

2027 - $187 mil

Players who have done less than him are already making $40 mil.

So he has basically 1 more year