• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

This team is not going to compete for anything except a lotto pick next year.   Really sad, there is no commitment to winning with this organization.   

You could not be more wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Keeping Capela doesn't hurt my head a ton from the perspective that I assume we will be salary dumping next offseason so this just builds that into the natural model for next year.  I think moving him to the bench with OO starting makes us a better team than salary dumping him would.  This doesn't mean I wouldn't jump all over the right value trade for him but if that isn't there I'm not rushing to unload him for garbage.  I do want to see us competing this year and OO carries a real injury risk as well as uncertainty about his performance in a starting role.

I can see this line of thinking for sure. I'm just hoping they dump Zeller and keep Nance. If they still want to trade a big, trade Clint rather than Nance. That's all I'm saying. 

33 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I can see this line of thinking for sure. I'm just hoping they dump Zeller and keep Nance. If they still want to trade a big, trade Clint rather than Nance. That's all I'm saying. 

Let's be real here.  It's not like Zeller or Fernando are difference makers.  They're end of the bench guys.  Capela and Nance are both expiring, and for a team that is always so worried about the tax and Jalen's extension looming, I'd say unless you get a solid return for either, you keep them and cut Bruno.  Nikola's injury most likely makes him a draft and stash candidate this year or he gets that final 2 way spot.  Last season proved you can never have enough quality depth and by the way our summer league went, it's proving true again.  Next season, you cleared the deck on centers outside OO and can even pick up Zeller's option for a cheap vet 3rd stringer behind OO. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m nervous that we are about to be in August and have an imbalanced and crunched roster with players we know we want to move but can’t/won’t. That Murray trade made little sense for us to take on (4) players with guaranteed money next season just to now have to part ways with players we may actually want to be here because Liddell and Zeller can’t be traded and won’t be cut for nothing.

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

sounds like we're stuck with zeller for a bit i guess.  I like Liddell though.  

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I hope I'm really underselling him.  We could use a young backup PF and someone in the front court with some beef.  He is a year older than Jalen Johnson so hopefully he steps up and grabs a role in the rotation this season if he is going to get there.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, ShayD said:

The Hawks are over the tax no? Why are they still increasing payroll?

Get prepared for a salary dump.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

Wanna bet?  

Yes.  We don’t own our pick next year so our play has nothing to do with where we draft.  We literally can’t be playing for a lottery pick by definition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Wanna bet?  

Sure. I'm down for an avatar bet assuming the team stays essentially as currently constructed. By that I mean they don't trade Trae or dump Hunter or Nance for no return. 

Let's check back as the season approaches to see what, if any, additional moves they make. But if nothing significant changes, I'll bet you that they go over the 35.5. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

A slightly better, slightly shorter , slightly more expensive version of Liddell.

Not sure the reasoning other than he’s another light skinned dudded with the curly fro’.

Is Hawks DNA just a bunch of El Debarge looking dudes that take after the GM? Lol

Remember Landry Fields? - POLITICO

Trae Young | Atlanta Hawks | NBA.com

F7jhyI_XQAEX9e8?format=jpg&name=large

FzeV2NgaAAAIaKo?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

usa_today_21618722.jpg

Risacher.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMzMl47K1eH6VT7qWBGmi

nance.jpg

1631223.png

POST. OF. THE. YEAR.🤣

SOUL TV - Happy 59th Birthday to "El" DeBarge (born June... | Facebook

• Haha 3