• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

20 minutes ago, therealist said:

even swapping DJ for herb and capela for ayton is not competing with the celtics or knicks next year (throw in ingram for shits and gigs)

trae/kobe
ingram/bogi
herb/risacher
jalen/gueye
ayton/oo

this seems to be the best roster we could realistically assemble, and it's doubtful we'll even get there. but even if we did, this roster simply isn't good enough. might be time to rip the band-aid off now and accept a full rebuild (sigh)

I'm getting very close to this as well. And y'all know how much I love Trae. 

BUT....you cannot compete with this roster if you refuse to pay the tax. It's just not possible. 

So either they're just not competitive(again) or they manage to make, what, 4 separate trades this offseason to completely revamp the roster by trading away everyone but Trae and Bogi? While also making sure none of those trades put you over the tax? I'm dubious on that....at best. 

ETA: I said Trae and Bogi because they're the "top dollar" guys that aren't 100% on the block. 

Edited by Afro

• Moderators

Yeah the AJ dump is just embarrassing.  The question is was he Landry's pick?   He became GM just before the draft but all signs seem to point to the fact that maybe he was already the guy at that point and Travis had one foot out the door but i don't know.

If we're already giving up on the GM's own guys then that's even worse.  It's bad enough as it is. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Speaking of wings and the offseason.

Vit was given 1 major thing to work on for the off-season....get stronger. We'll see before the preseason starts if he makes good on that.  I am told that if Vit can get noticeably stronger, there's a spot in the rotation for him. If he doesn't, there might not be a place on the team for him. They really like him but he gets outmuscled easily.

We're trying to turn lemons into lemonade while other teams are signing players who are already very good.   Love it.  

• Like 2

I like Vit, and campsters post is a perfectly reasonable thing for a franchise to be doing lol. 

But am I the only one that thinks were getting a little too much Vit talk this offseason? Again, like the dude a lot, but if he's a big part of our offseason, we're absolutely screwed. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We're trying to turn lemons into lemonade while other teams are signing players who are already very good.   Love it.  

No team is signing anyone other than their own FA's since free agency doesn't open until Sunday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The McDaniel's, Jaden and Jalen now in Minny.

1. I told yall Mitchell wasn't good.

2. Where does it say McDaniels went to MIN?  I'm confused.

3. We couldn't have gotten McDaniels for AJ? 

4. Man we need a GM instead of this Toni, Laundry, Toni's kid, Quin amalgamation... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I don't know why we didn't just keep AJ, for a 3.9M cap hit?  We need wings and shooters anyway.  What are we possibly going to get with that 2nd rounder that's better?  

I guess Quin just hated him that much.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Speaking of wings and the offseason.

Vit was given 1 major thing to work on for the off-season....get stronger. We'll see before the preseason starts if he makes good on that.  I am told that if Vit can get noticeably stronger, there's a spot in the rotation for him. If he doesn't, there might not be a place on the team for him. They really like him but he gets outmuscled easily.

I’m low on Vit unlike a lot of hawks fans

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, theheroatl said:

I’m low on Vit unlike a lot of hawks fans

Same.  He's a great end of bench guy but i don't want him in the rotation.  I hope he proves me wrong. 

• Like 1