• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Vit was given a QO on his two-way making him a RFA. So he's now eligible to get an NBA deal.

Lundy's 2nd year option on his 2way was picked up.

We have 3 two-way slots available 

Got it, got it. Vit graduated, Lundy is still regular two way. Thanks @JayBirdHawk

Is there a world where Bey takes a 1 year team friendly deal while he rehabs in hopes of a much larger contract extension when he is healthy?

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Afro said:

A couple of different things. 

1. So it is *just* Trae. I know of the fit. But that is a whole lotta pressure to put on one single relationship. If that's not enough....you've now just pushed Trae further out the door. The one player you all think is *required* to make and keep Ayton good. 

2. I agree with the "flawed" part of this. But y'all gotta be honest with yourselves, that this is a pretty big flaw lol. You're actively asking for another Cam Reddish in the locker room and hoping Trae can fix him. This is now 2 teams that haven't just dumped him, they've *actively* dumped him. 

To me, this all feels like a lot of hopium. I get that we have to get flawed talent. But you all are assuming every bit of Ayton's flaws just magically disappear. If Ayton comes here and is anything like what he has been for 6 years.....you've completely cratered this team. 

Yes this team needs improvements, drastic ones. Yes, Trae might leave if you don't. But you're ignoring a world where Ayton continues his me attitude, the locker room becomes even more toxic, Trae demands out, and you're still stuck with Ayton for at least another year because nobody is taking that deal a 3rd time. 

Just getting guys just to get guys has consequences. Lauri and Ayton downsides are completely different. I also am not advocating to trade for Lauri. 

ETA: This trade is also not free. There is an opportunity cost here which I feel like most are ignoring. If Ayton was free, sure, sign me up. But at the cost of other deals? Meh. 

Wouldn't Cam Reddish want what Ayton getting which would be the green light and being feed by Trae. Cam was mad because we wanted him to be a role player and he wanted to be Cam McGrady

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It doesn't have to move you, look at our current options. This is the most likely scenario. 

Different Offseason - Same story. Settling.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Wouldn't Cam Reddish want what Ayton getting which would be the green light and being feed by Trae. Cam was mad because we wanted him to be a role player and he wanted to be Cam McGrady

There are levels to that. Y'all just assume Trae is going to create an Ayton that is different than anything he's been in the last 6 years. That's hopium. What happens when the gameplan/Trae *isnt* exactly what Ayton wants? 

What happens when Trae is the only thing that makes a "happy" Ayton, but Trae asks out next year because that team still isn't good enough, and has no real pathway to get better unless the Lakers pick is top 5? 

I'm not trading for a guy that completely relies on Trae, when Trae isn't anywhere close to a guarantee. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Is there a world where Bey takes a 1 year team friendly deal while he rehabs in hopes of a much larger contract extension when he is healthy?

1 year Vet min for Bey so he can rehab.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The 2 way rules still confuse me. I didn't realize Vit graduated 

I don't think Vit qualifies for another 2way.

23 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yet a young Portland team is eager to offload this very talented 25 year old.  Dont start smoking the copium kg!!! 

But we can vape it now, jeffe!  Sky's the limit?

😔

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam couldn't even master the role he was given but was 'demanding' more. Now he's in a cycle of vet min contracts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Afro said:

That last part 100%. 

Yes, Trae probably can fix him on the court, for the most part? I guess. But Trae is not the vocal leader. Or if he is, he's not the type of vocal leader that tamps down bullshit in the locker room. We've seen that time and time again. 

This current roster isn't that far off from a Portland level rebuilding team with a ton of young guys. We have Trae, Bogi, and???? as the vocal vets. There's definitely a world where they're competing against the BS Ayton brings to keep the locker room healthy for the kids. And if they lose that battle, like they have before, we're in a very very bad place, because like I said before, nobody is trading for Ayton a 3rd time unless you pay them for it, which we can't. 

Chris Paul is terrible in the locker room, but that's lauded by some.  I really don't like talking about what players do in the locker room because that's really he said he said stuff and players who generally have good relationships with the media get reported on better. If we are talking about on the court, I'm fine with that, but talking about people's character who we don't know is a bit messy if you ask me.

Where have you heard that Ayton is bad in the lockerroom btw.  It seemed like most of the stuff was about his gaming and sleeping habits. The bad part in Phx was with Monty and I think he still had a good relationship with his teammates.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It doesn't have to move you, look at our current options. This is the most likely scenario. 

It's the only thing we can realistically do.  If it doesn't work in two years, Ayton will be out of contract and you can let him walk.  Trae will be 28 and you trade him and every other moneyed vet and blow the whole thing up.  

We only have one or two more swings at it with Trae as the center of this team.  He has never played with a front court scoring option, and I'm of the opinion that we need another scoring option on the team to take pressure off Trae.  I'd rather have Jarrett Allen but I realize that rumor was probably bullshit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Chris Paul is terrible in the locker room, but that's lauded by some.  I really don't like talking about what players do in the locker room because that's really he said he said stuff and players who generally have good relationships with the media get reported on better. If we are talking about on the court, I'm fine with that, but talking about people's character who we don't know is a bit messy if you ask me.

Where have you heard that Ayton is bad in the lockerroom btw.  It seemed like most of the stuff was about his gaming and sleeping habits. The bad part in Phx was with Monty and I think he still had a good relationship with his teammates.

Laziness, a lack of interest in team goals, and everything of that ilk is bad in the locker room. 

All of that is a detriment to success and doesn't work all that well unless you've got a freaking Lebron on the team lol. 

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah, this is the problem. 

It's last call, we're desperate. The only option is a girl with a shady past and history of broken relationships, and we're sitting here saying "well shit, itll be different for us". 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It seemed like most of the stuff was about his gaming and sleeping habits.

You think him and Robert Williams go camping 🏕️ ( 😴) together? :stirthepot:

image.gif.1a951c109f7bfda3a77d7b2ec7ca8ee8.gif

1 minute ago, phoostal said:

The outsiders in the house

We come atcha sideways.. :secret:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2