• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Laziness, a lack of interest in team goals, and everything of that ilk is bad in the locker room. 

All of that is a detriment to success and doesn't work all that well unless you've got a freaking Lebron on the team lol. 

So no one's reported that he's been bad in the lockerroom. I don't think anyone said he was lazy.  They just said his off the court habits needed to be improved from the reporting I read.

• Like 2

Just now, marco102 said:

Ok, since you are going down the worst possible route.  What if Ayton maximizes his potential with Trae? Is he worth it? I'm looking at this roster and we need a little more offense.  Pick and Roll bigs who can get their own shot without Trae force feeding them lobs opens up a lot for this team as a whole.

If you lose Capella, you need another good rebounder an Ayton is a good rebounder. His screening will open up things for Bogi and any other shooters we have.

It's not just Trae, it's a complimenting this roster that we have.  It's better than running it back with Capela. He fits Trae's timeline and does many of the things Capela does and on offense he's much better.  That's a win if you ask me.

Yes. 

The difference is though y'all are projecting an Ayton that we've never really seen. I'm talking about an Ayton that is the same player he has been for 6 years. 

Read my post immediately before this one and my comment on opportunity cost. If y'all wanna use the justification that he is the only option, than sure. All I will say is......good luck. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Afro said:

Yeah, this is the problem. 

It's last call, we're desperate. The only option is a girl with a shady past and history of broken relationships, and we're sitting here saying "well shit, itll be different for us". 

This seems to be our lot in life....settling for leftovers and putting 💄 on 🐖 ...but we should be ok with it.

I'm tired man!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It doesn't have to move you, look at our current options. This is the most likely scenario. 

If they go with Ayton, it’s the best of the remaining options.  They only have Capela and Hunter to make a deal work.  

Ayton was the third best player on a Finals team.  Trae is about the best player in the league to get the most out of him.  

We’re making a compromise any way this goes down.  Returning a declining Capela or Ayton.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

This seems to be our lot in life....settling for leftovers and putting 💄 on 🐖 ...but we should be ok with it.

I'm tired man!

They've had interest in Ayton for years so I don't think that's how management sees it.  Maybe he's been their target all along since the only way to improve this team was never through free agency.  It's through trades or using the trade exception. 

I don't get the we didn't do anything in free agency. Who could we sign that will give us a big impact? The move was always going to be with trades.

I said all that, but I truly understand your frustration. 😄

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's just fit. That's all. I really love the fit with 

Trae

Daniels

Risacher 

JJ

But Capela is just too defensive with this crew. Way too much defense and OO just lacks too much bulk and size period with JJ at the 4 as a starter. As a backup, no biggie but starting 5s are way better than backup 5s in the NBA. 

Ayton just fits a lot better. Like I said before, I would want 2nd half Ayton massively over 1st half Ayton, same for CC. He was horrible in the 1st half of the season and was CC like in the 2nd half. 

I'm with you.  Ayton has red flags, but also the most talented and best fitting (both age and skills) we can get.  He's got the size to rebound and play defense as well as setting screens.  He's got a decent mid-range shot so he's not a total lane clog.  That helps make up for DD's lack of consistent shooting, although I'm hoping that part of his game improves with better looks.  One reason a center like Capela was so necessary was our complete lack of POA defense in YEARS!!!! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter is not gonna be moved, it will be Nance Jr. Atlanta needs Hunter. Atlanta doesn't need Nance Jr. 

Sorry JJ, you're gonna be seeing Thibs like levels at the PF spot this year.

12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ok, since you are going down the worst possible route.  What if Ayton maximizes his potential with Trae? Is he worth it? I'm looking at this roster and we need a little more offense.  Pick and Roll bigs who can get their own shot without Trae force feeding them lobs opens up a lot for this team as a whole.

If you lose Capella, you need another good rebounder an Ayton is a good rebounder. His screening will open up things for Bogi and any other shooters we have.

It's not just Trae, it's a complimenting this roster that we have.  It's better than running it back with Capela. He fits Trae's timeline and does many of the things Capela does and on offense he's much better.  That's a win if you ask me.

Thing is aytom doesn't get his own shit, he's.not a creator or playmaker, this is the big debate in Portland whether to build around him or not and you have a fanbase on 2 completely different ends of the spectrum, ayton has.tons of skill but he hast really improved enough, he still can't dribble, his ceiling is being the third best guy becaue he can be taken away easily enough.  There's actually a big thread on NBA reddit focused just on him and you get lots of objective info on him there. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbadiscussion/s/iCXhinmz1q

Edited by hylndr11

Just now, Afro said:

Sorry JJ, you're gonna be seeing Thibs like levels at the PF spot this year.

Liddell and Gueye are likely to be JJ backups as well as OO playing spot mins at the 4 with Dre. 

• Like 1