• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

Idk what team y'all "expecting a good outcome from a risky situation" folks have been following, but it most certainly hasn't been the Hawks lol. 

Edited by Afro
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Thing is aytom doesn't get his own shit, he's.not a creator or playmaker, this is the big debate in Portland whether to build around him or not and you have a fanbase on 2 completely different ends of the spectrum, ayton has.tons of skill but he hast really improved enough, he still can't dribble, his ceiling is being the third best guy becaue he can be taken away easily enough.  There's actually a big thread on NBA reddit focused just on him and you get lots of objective info on him there. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbadiscussion/s/iCXhinmz1q

When I say Ayton can get his own shot. I'm not saying create his own shot. If you just get the ball to him in his spots he can get his shot.  I'm not sure if that makes sense.  Essentially he's not Capela where the only thing he can do is dunk lobs. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This seems to be our lot in life....settling for leftovers and putting 💄 on 🐖 ...but we should be ok with it.

I'm tired man!

Jay...we been singing the same thing. Yet, aren't we supposed to buy into Hawks DNA. The essence of that phrase is irritating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't look like Ingram to ATL is dead yet either -

The Spurs and Hornets are among teams showing interest in Brandon Ingram, per AmicoHoops

“Sources have told Hoops Wire that the San Antonio Spurs and Charlotte Hornets have emerged as potential Ingram suitors, as have the Atlanta Hawks, who will soon officially move guard Dejounte Murray to New Orleans. Perhaps that trade could be expanded if the Hawks are truly that interested in Ingram.”

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 if you ever make it out to Cali, I’d like to take you camping 🏕️, ahhhhh the great outdoors.. we would have a blast 💥! No rules! 😉 

Spud. Can we go one day without these overtures???😂

IMG_6380.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

If Capela handle and creating his own shots in his own space is a 5/10, Ayton is easily an 8/10, possibly a 9/10, he can put bigs in the blender or simply  take them outside he’s got a nice stroke.

We are of the same mind today @Spud2nique 😄.

@Afro I should add, that your concerns are legit.  I just think Ayton raises the floor and ceiling of this team with his flaws and all.

• Like 1

Just now, Final_quest said:

Exactly.  We have a possible big reward.  With status quo it’s a near certain failure.  

Unless Risacher is an overnight sensation, it's hard to see how we are significantly better. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

PG- Trae/? (Buf gone then vet FA via trade)

SG- Bogi/Daniels

SF- Risacher/(VETERAN FA OR TRADE)

PF- JJ/Gueye

C-Ayton/OO

Lets get it done ✔️ 

Looks like we are keeping Hunter.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's dead.

So Ayton to ATL is gonna be official soon?

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Liddell and Gueye are likely to be JJ backups as well as OO playing spot mins at the 4 with Dre. 

I think Dre will get a lot of run at 4 as well as a featured role with the reserves where he can look for his own shot. I do like Gueye though.

Nance would have been a nice add as a vet presence at 4/5 with size and shooting.

I do think a veteran presence would be an essential add on a team with Trae/Ayton, not to mention how important DJ was for JJ’s growth and confidence. We need another respected voice in a locker room full of young talented players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You make a good point but we really don't have a better option and the reward is just as massive as the risk. 

I completely get where y'all are coming from and I'm not 100% anti-Ayton. 

But the "it's our only option" is a failure by this FO and I, personally, am quite terrified of compounding that failure by taking the riskiest deal we can find. 

PS: Are y'all not the least bit concerned that there's only one team and one deal to be made with the pieces we have left....and we're also projecting that deal to be good for us? Why tf is Portland so interested in giving up Ayton for pieces that no one else can make a deal with? That's not a good sign. 

Just now, Afro said:

I completely get where y'all are coming from and I'm not 100% anti-Ayton. 

But the "it's our only option" is a failure by this FO and I, personally, am quite terrified of compounding that failure by taking the riskiest deal we can find. 

PS: Are y'all not the least bit concerned that there's only one team and one deal to be made with the pieces we have left....and we're also projecting that deal to be good for us? Why tf is Portland so interested in giving up Ayton for pieces that no one else can make a deal with? That's not a good sign. 

Centers who are under good contracts are extremely expensive. The 2nd apron era and even the 1st one has teams wanting to stay under the LT no matter what unless they are 100% contenders.

• Like 2