• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If Capela handle and creating his own shots in his own space is a 5/10, Ayton is easily an 8/10, possibly a 9/10, he can put bigs in the blender or simply  take them outside he’s got a nice stroke.

Someone make me a headstone because this is officially where the /10 rating system died. 

It's been completely useless and on life support for a while, but Spud just pulled the chord. 

Capela is an average ball handler??? Ayton is one of the best on the planet??? What lol. 

Edited by Afro
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We are of the same mind today @Spud2nique 😄.

@Afro I should add, that your concerns are legit.  I just think Ayton raises the floor and ceiling of this team with his flaws and all.

And that's all fine. We will see what happens. 

But this will probably be it for the Trae era. They don't really have any resources left unless they're packaging up all of the young guys or the Lakers pick turns to gold. 

So this gamble is for the entire future of the franchise. And gambling it on a guy with a pretty extensive past like Ayton has at this point...makes me queezy lol. 

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Are there any timing restrictions on the Murray trade? Or can they just take their sweet time figuring out all the moving pieces?

Yeah due to JC TPE which was initially used. It's still available but not for long. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Are there any timing restrictions on the Murray trade? Or can they just take their sweet time figuring out all the moving pieces?

This is what I was wondering too. Sounds like a complex multi team trade expansion that could include Sac or Portland or both. I’m curious which party is the keystone to the whole thing crumbling or if it’s a matter of, we have a deal in place with Nola that we were happy with and will stick to if nobody else can agree to the expanded terms.

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah due to JC TPE which was initially used. It's still available but not for long. 

If we are only taking in Daniels and Lidell that's $8 mil of the $23 mil. Leaving $15 mil unused.

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This is what I was wondering too. Sounds like a complex multi team trade expansion that could include Sac or Portland or both. I’m curious which party is the keystone to the whole thing crumbling or if it’s a matter of, we have a deal in place with Nola that we were happy with and will stick to if nobody else can agree to the expanded terms.

NOP like us are avoiding the Tax.

9 minutes ago, Afro said:

And that's all fine. We will see what happens. 

But this will probably be it for the Trae era. They don't really have any resources left unless they're packaging up all of the young guys or the Lakers pick turns to gold. 

So this gamble is for the entire future of the franchise. And gambling it on a guy with a pretty extensive past like Ayton has at this point...makes me queezy lol. 

It's really not. You can still make other moves. You still have Hunter/Bogi on the roster who could be tradeable for an upgrade.  Not advocating for that, but there are other means to improve the team after the deal. 

• Like 2

Member when I said that exactly this would happen when this joke of a franchise refused to offer any backing towards Trae Young? 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I hate getting to in to these dialogues before anything is official  but this is the part where it all makes sense. Taking a chance on improving versus remaining status quo. We have seen our maximum output with a peek Capela at center. We extended him and tried to recapture it to no avail. That dynamic is still a positive one but it is trending in the wrong direction.

Ayton fits the timeline of the remaining pieces on the roster. There’s a risk but if we aren’t contending in the near future, we are losing Trae and blowing this thing up anyways. We have to take a swing eventually. And of the flawed players we have been faced with (Ingram vs Ayton) Ayton in the better fit with Trae and the roster as a whole.

Agree with this. Only other player I would take a risk on besides those two is Jimmy Butler. Other than that, we are in our soft rebuild. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

It's really not. You can still make other moves. You still have Hunter/Bogi on the roster who could be tradeable for an upgrade.  Not advocating for that, but there are other means to improve the team after the deal. 

Bogi, maybe. Hunter I will disagree. They've tried to make deals for him and haven't been able to. The odds that Hunter, and Bogi to an extent, bring back any kind of roster changing deal is extremely limited. If they did, Hunter would be long gone by now. 

24 minutes ago, Afro said:

Someone make me a headstone because this is officially where the /10 rating system died. 

It's been completely useless and on life support for a while, but Spud just pulled the chord. 

Capela is an average ball handler??? Ayton is one of the best on the planet??? What lol. 

Huh? I said I wasn’t the biggest Ayton fan in the world 🌍.. are you reading this right son?

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we are only taking in Daniels and Lidell that's $8 mil of the $23 mil. Leaving $15 mil unused.

NOP like us are avoiding the Tax.

The OG deal had us also taking Nance Jr 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Afro said:

Bogi, maybe. Hunter I will disagree. They've tried to make deals for him and haven't been able to. The odds that Hunter, and Bogi to an extent, bring back any kind of roster changing deal is extremely limited. If they did, Hunter would be long gone by now. 

You don't need to trade either. You are just saying if we Trade for Ayton it's this big gamble and Trae's gone. I'm saying it's not that big of a gamble and they can make other moves still. 

I think Trae would see the vision and be okay if they went for Ayton.  He knows he needs a big that can screen well and is good in the pick and roll.   A POA defender in Dyson that helps him and the team out defensively.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

Member when I said that exactly this would happen when this joke of a franchise refused to offer any backing towards Trae Young? 

Ayton 

Trae

Dre all fall in the overpaid by 10+ mil category. That's why their markets are just limited. Usually one team only and if that team goes into a different direction, you are stuck with him

• Like 1