• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

The OG deal had us also taking Nance Jr 

But that's no longer the case.

And we can't in the new deal since Nance can't be combined with Capela coming from Atlanta. He has to go straight to PTL from NOP.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

But that's no longer the case.

And we can't in the new deal since Nance can't be combined with Capela coming from Atlanta. He has to go straight to PTL from NOP.

Correct if Ayton is in the deal

Just now, kg01 said:

And, just like that, Afro got invited to campout 3000. 

Yeah, that's what I'm calling it. 

This is brilliant click generating. Push a plausible yet unlikely trade rumor for 2 years.  Get clicks.  Then when the trade doesn't happen, get clicks on the back end by talking about how it's not gonna happen.

They aren't lying. Trae market is just dead. Teams think he's making way too much for what he is right now. Same for Ayton. Same for Dre

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Trae market is just dead.

Lies. 29 teams want Trae they are just lying that they don’t but that’s ok we aren’t trading him anyways.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

They aren't lying. Trae market is just dead. Teams think he's making way too much for what he is right now. Same for Ayton. Same for Dre

It's an obfuscation of the truth, at best. 

Putting Trae on a list with Ayton and Hunter isn't fully accurate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The OG deal had us also taking Nance Jr 

The TPE can’t be combined with anything else. So wasn’t the OG deal something like Murray for Nance and filler and part of the TPE for the rest.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Ayton 

Trae

Dre all fall in the overpaid by 10+ mil category. That's why their markets are just limited. Usually one team only and if that team goes into a different direction, you are stuck with him

I don't think this really has anything to do with it. I mean on the level you're talking about you are correct. 

But that's not what Evan, or the media at large, are framing it as. There is zero chance they pitch this as a new CBA issue lol. 

Letting them all behave like Trae was not only 100% available, but being shopped, has just let them further destroy Trae's reputation. The narrative isn't "Trae might have been available, but Hawks value him too much for anyone to meet the price". It's "Hawks didnt want Trae but nobody else wants him either". 

All because this franchise refuses to say one single word positively about their first superstar since.....Nique. It's gross mismanagement. 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Headlines are misleading. Interest could be low because the asking price is astronomical. 
I do not think we were shopping Trae and teams were like, nah Im good.

I do think teams called for Trae, we said we’d listen (which was the first time we ever said this) and we told them the cost and they said no thanks.

That’s a different dynamic than us ruining his value, and one I don’t think is negative nor surprising to hear.

That's my exact point as well. You are talking about reality, but NBA media does not deal in reality lol

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The TPE can’t be combined with anything else. So wasn’t the OG deal something like Murray for Nance and filler and part of the TPE for the rest.

No...you can use a single TPE on multiple players, so Nance, Dyson and EJ works into the JC TPE.

What you can't do is combine 2 TPEs to make it 1 larger TPE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And, just like that, Afro got invited to campout 3000. 

Yeah, that's what I'm calling it. 

This is brilliant click generating. Push a plausible yet unlikely trade rumor for 2 years.  Get clicks.  Then when the trade doesn't happen, get clicks on the back end by talking about how it's not gonna happen.

These clickbaiters have to absolutely lovveeeee the Hawks, because they can say whatever they want to damage Trae and Landry/Resselers dont give a single shit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

I don't think this really has anything to do with it. I mean on the level you're talking about you are correct. 

But that's not what Evan, or the media at large, are framing it as. There is zero chance they pitch this as a new CBA issue lol. 

Letting them all behave like Trae was not only 100% available, but being shopped, has just let them further destroy Trae's reputation. The narrative isn't "Trae might have been available, but Hawks value him too much for anyone to meet the price". It's "Hawks didnt want Trae but nobody else wants him either". 

All because this franchise refuses to say one single word positively about their first superstar since.....Nique. It's gross mismanagement. 

Not sure a team’s PR and FO has the capacity to inflate or deflate a player’s value to the extent you are imagining.  

• Like 2