• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Not sure a team’s PR and FO has the capacity to inflate or deflate a player’s value to the extent you are imagining.  

Homie, I'm not imagining anything lol. Where have you been for the past 5 years? His perception and reputation are in the dumps. Largely because of narratives that have just been allowed to fester this entire time. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They aren't lying. Trae market is just dead. Teams think he's making way too much for what he is right now. Same for Ayton. Same for Dre

Fans are in denial I see..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

When I say Ayton can get his own shot. I'm not saying create his own shot. If you just get the ball to him in his spots he can get his shot.  I'm not sure if that makes sense.  Essentially he's not Capela where the only thing he can do is dunk lobs. 

Agree on that but that is why so much divisive stance on him

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro mad at me like i control the GMs of this league

Nobody's got time to be "mad" at you.  He's just questioning what you said, which wasn't fully explained. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

See reports like these rely on folks not filling in the missing information. 

If a team has a player valued higher than the price a team is willing or able to pay, that is being spun here as "Tray won't be traded .. therefore he has no trade value".

That is ... say it with me ... an obfuscation of the truth.

Trade value is within reason. 

For Hunter, even with the ideal contract, he's not getting you must in return.

Ayton would get you more but not that much.

We just saw with Murray, having the ideal contract will get you a good value in return

• Like 2

Just now, therealist said:

520th in the league in defensive rating last year

Tell me you don't know team basketball without telling me you don't know team basketball.

Let me know after you study a bit how you feel

• Haha 3

Just now, theheroatl said:

Tell me you don't know team basketball without telling me you don't know team basketball.

Let me know after you study a bit how you feel

my point is you can point to any random number to support a narrative. ain't no way in hell you're going to argue for his defensive 'contributions' 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trade value is within reason. 

For Hunter, even with the ideal contract, he's not getting you must in return.

Ayton would get you more but not that much.

We just saw with Murray, having the ideal contract will get you a good value in return

Everybody here ... well, most everybody here knows all this.

But, when you suggest Trae, Ayton, and Hunter all have the same problem from a trade standpoint, that's not entirely true.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Your honesty crushes some fan's world view

Ive been saying for years Trae value isnt what fans think it is around the league..

If this was SGA, Luka, etc teams would be knocking down our doors with offers regardless of salary.. Just sayin..

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Afro said:

I still can't get passed the fact that a month ago we were all saying "this is the most important offseason ever. We have to fix this roster and improve the vibes." and a month later the biggest right now addition might be....Ayton. 

Those things don't match well lol. 

For my perspective on Ayton, I'm not sure he would be a bigger addition than Dyson.  Definitely bigger name and salary but I'm not sure he would add more value.  Probably the Lakers pick is the top value asset of the offseason if this is it (as far as trade value).

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Everybody here ... well, most everybody here knows all this.

But, when you suggest Trae, Ayton, and Hunter all have the same problem from a trade standpoint, that's not entirely true.

It is the same problem. They are more 10 mil or more per year than the market considers them at the moment. Trae and Ayton in particular. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, therealist said:

520th in the league in defensive rating last year

Dejounte Murray was 531th defensive rating. Is he better than Trae?

Edited by ShayD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1