2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

For my perspective on Ayton, I'm not sure he would be a bigger addition than Dyson.  Definitely bigger name and salary but I'm not sure he would add more value.  Probably the Lakers pick is the top value asset of the offseason if this is it (as far as trade value).

Yeah, I'm very concerned that all of our moves require the players to be better/much better than they ever have been. Were asking Rish to go from France to NBA without any drop in production, as a 19 year old. We're asking Dyson to go from a part time player to our most important defensive cog who has enough offense to stay on the floor. We're asking for Ayton to be a fully locked in player that gives you at least 20 and 10 with decent defense.

Unless there's something else out there, we haven't made a single "sure fire" addition to this roster. Not even a Jarrett Allen level of knowing what you're gonna get from a guy. 

I'm not saying there's zero chance of it, but yeesh that is a ton of gambles stacked on top of each other with zero stability beneath them. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ive been saying for years Trae value isnt what fans think it is around the league..

If this was SGA, Luka, etc teams would be knocking down our doors with offers regardless of salary.. Just sayin..

Yea that's the truth. Points and assists are not everything. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ive been saying for years Trae value isnt what fans think it is around the league..

If this was SGA, Luka, etc teams would be knocking down our doors with offers regardless of salary.. Just sayin..

Only because their teams are winning. Also, they do want those players but their organizations are not willing to trade them for peanuts. Neither are we. All players have flaws and no fan is arguing that. But this is clearly other organizations trying to drive down value of players so that they can afford them. 

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Since defensive rating was mentioned regarding Trae, I found Ayton finished with a better defensive rating than Clint and OO. And Ingram finished with a better defensive rating than our entire team!

Wow. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Should the Hawks be open to taking Ingram?

Amico bringing us back into it when it looked like we were not cool with Ingram.

Trae

Risacher

Ingram

JJ

(Center)

Spurs Hornets and us according to this rumor page: https://hoopswire.com/pelicans-intensifying-efforts-to-trade-brandon-ingram/

Sam Amico is a fraud.

Sam Amick has more credibility.

So says the interwebs. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 4

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Since defensive rating was mentioned regarding Trae, I found Ayton finished with a better defensive rating than Clint and OO. And Ingram finished with a better defensive rating than our entire team!

Trae has some drawbacks. Struggles on defense, can't play off the ball, inefficient at times. Teams look at those flaws and it diminishes his value. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is normal. We haven't done normal because we had a core which didn't work and we are moving on to a new core to see if it's possible, they can be a part of that. 

I don't know if I agree with normal. I mean for some teams, sure, it's normal. Like throwing Kuzma and Poole together and hoping it works is "normal" for some lol. Or throwing Russ onto the Lakers and hoping for the best. Or kyrie. But the difference there is that each of these players had proven their skills, but had other questions. Ayton is the only one that even fits that criteria.

Throwing a bunch of question marks onto a roster that doesn't have any baseline of success isn't exactly normal for teams that have a history of good moves. 

If the Ayton deal goes through, that is the only proven commodity that has been added to a team that has to win. That's more of the kind of offseason I expect from teams that want to do well, but never do. Which, tbf, is the Hawks.....

Edited by Afro
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Listen... some of us are right, and most of you are wrong. It’s ok. Step back. This team is mid. Of that we’re mostly aligned.

IMG_6383.gif

Learned to like this show btw, toddler loves it

But anywho, we are no better than a fringe play-in team, until proven otherwise 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Homie, I'm not imagining anything lol. Where have you been for the past 5 years? His perception and reputation are in the dumps. Largely because of narratives that have just been allowed to fester this entire time. 

I think some fans are at peak irrational cynicism.  Half truths are getting blown out of proportion.  Now Trae's entire reputation is based on well his team can market him.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

Learned to like this show btw, toddler loves it

But anywho, we are no better than a fringe play-in team, until proven otherwise 

😂😂. Definitely. Many of the informed posters are waiting for the, “we like our team as is” quote. 

As I tongue-in-cheek say that, the East bottom feeders will allow the Hawks to sufficiently earn a play-in spot. Can’t we raise that ceiling a smidget?????

Just to fully flesh out my concerns with all of it. 

Firstly, I'm under the assumption that the hawks have 1 year left to win or else it's all falling apart. Maybbbeeee 2. But that risks Trae straight up walking.

If you wanted to go the development route with Rish and DD or with Ayton, I would have loved to get some vets with unquestioned skills that would slide right in to mitigate all of the other risks. Nance for the moment at least offers some of that.

But(assuming the Ayton deal happens) we're doing the opposite. Each of those 3 additions has a large bit of risk, and there are no other additions to the roster that raise the floor past the play-in. There's not a single addition that we can reasonably assume will have a plug and play impact. I wasn't asking for a ton. I mean like a Melton level player where you know what you are getting. 

All of that knowing we have to win or we're in a full on rebuild is....eeks. Feels kind of half measured. Like we're not making moves that definitively raise our floor right now and we're not fully getting assets with long term potential. We're doing both. And ya know what they say about doing 2 things at once.  

6 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I think some fans are at peak irrational cynicism.  Half truths are getting blown out of proportion.  Now Trae's entire reputation is based on well his team can market him.  

Have you been under a rock the last 5 years? lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Afro said:

Have you been under a rock the last 5 years? lol

There are a lot of factors.  You really think every player in the league's image is solely up to their team's marketing department?  Not really wanting to know your answer.  I'll save the time, "agree to disagree."

Hate on.  

• Like 1